PDA

View Full Version : A Few Racing Questions

jesseweaver
11-14-2007, 04:46 PM
I just got offered to race with a local shop's team next year and i have a few questions. My parents dont support racing/fourwheelers at all. I buy everything, parts, gas, repairs, everything. They wouldnt even think about taking time out of their day to take me to a race. So i could get to races with friends, but do i need to have a parent along to sign up for an AMA card, and a District card? Do parents need to sign papers before races, or for most tracks can i print forms off of the internet? For any of this, does it need to be a parent/guardian, or a person over 18 or 21? If it helps, id mostly be racing in central pa, mainly district 6.

Nick110
11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
You need a minor release forum, a note saying that your parents are letting someone 18 or older be your guardian, and a person 18 or older.

nickmelll
11-14-2007, 07:27 PM
anyome over 18 should be able to sign for u if the say anything just tell them that they are ur uncle or somthing

jesseweaver
11-14-2007, 08:02 PM
ok cool, thanks a lot guys.

CannondaleRider
11-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by nickmelll
anyome over 18 should be able to sign for u if the say anything just tell them that they are ur uncle or somthing

They may not check, but it must be a legal guardian.

Print out a Power of Attorney paper, with the situation explained. Have a signature section for your mom, your dad, the over-18 person who will be signing for you, then you. Everybody sign it, take it and have it notorized, then your good to go.;)

jesseweaver
11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
ok and, what color plate bacjground do i need? and what sohuld i put where it says why should we chose you to be part of our team?

jesseweaver
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
bump what color plate? and anyone here ever race at sleepy hollow? is their quad track nice?

trxwannbe
11-16-2007, 01:41 AM
dude i hope your racing on the big track cuz if your not than three laps on the small track will just about make the length of a real track