PDA

View Full Version : Fuel petcock

M0n5t3r
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Has anyone that has early model 525 irs quads and has had the tank replaced notice that the fuel switch doesnt realy work? I know that i cant turn my fuel flow off when I need to drain the hoses to jet or clean carb.I have to put the tube in my 5 gallon fuel can.Also my Bro inlaws will only run with the switch on reserve.If not he runs out of fuel.Its not realy a big deal cuz I dont never turn the switch off but am just wondering if anyone else has noticed this??

LT250_JOE
11-14-2007, 04:31 PM
I DO NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM WITH NEW FUEL TANK. I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW FUEL TANKS BREATHER HOSE CONSTANTLY SPEWING FUEL WHEN I RIDE HARD. I EVEN TRIED RUNNING WITH LESS THAN HALF TANK, IT DRIPS FUEL EVERY TIME. IF YOU THINK ITS A BIG DEAL, RETURN TO DEALER. I PERSONALLY AM GOING TO SAY F-IT WITH MY PROB!

M0n5t3r
11-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Same here I ride weekly and have no probs with my bike.

somewon
01-30-2008, 12:05 PM
did you all get a new tank when they did the recall? I told my dealer to do the recall when they had the bike for 4 months this past summer, and when I got the bike back it didn't look like they did anything to it. What changed with the fix?

Evasiveone
01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
The fuel shutoff/reserve switch was not part of the warranty. It was just the plastic tank itself.

LT250, make sure your breather line is higher than the tank itself before it goes down into the steering stem. If it never does not go high enough it can create a siphon sucking the gas out.

LT250_JOE
01-31-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Evasiveone

LT250, make sure your breather line is higher than the tank itself before it goes down into the steering stem. If it never does not go high enough it can create a siphon sucking the gas out. [/B]

I'LL CHECK THE HEIGHT OF HOSE THIS WEEKEND. I WAS PLANNING ON BLOCKING OFF HOSE WHEN I DO A VALVE ADJUSTMENT AND INSTALLING A GAS CAP WITH A VENT. BUT IF RELOCATING HOSE SOLVES PROBLEM, ILL SPEND THAT DOUGH ELSEWHERE

LT250_JOE
02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
YEP, RE-ROUTED HOSE AND IT STOPPED PUKING.