PDA

View Full Version : Since they have been out for awhile ...

quadgod440ex
11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Anyone wanna through out there some pros and cons on the KFX's ? Im curious, and thinking of buying one. Good,Bad, ugly??

spincr4hire
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
subframe angle wrong...too high, in turn seat height is too high. My only bad complaint so far.

QUADROOKIE
11-15-2007, 02:34 PM
What spincr said, and the gearing is a little odd, but that is an easy fix. The seat is hard, and it really could use a steering stabilizer. But other than that it is a great bike.

spincr4hire
11-15-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
What spincr said, and the gearing is a little odd, but that is an easy fix. The seat is hard, and it really could use a steering stabilizer. But other than that it is a great bike.

quadtech hump seat and Precision stab fix that, but my gearing is stock and feels pretty good. Whats everybody else doing for the woods?

08kfx450r
11-15-2007, 05:15 PM
im also not a fan of the gearing...i have 18inch razrs in the rear to so that doesnt help...thinkin about gettin a new front sprocket soon

pudamac12
11-18-2007, 02:37 PM
I don't like the vibration that you get through the bars, the aforementioned gearing and I wished for more power. A cam, pipe and efi mapping with a new front sprocket really woke it up. Overall I don't like it as much as my honda however and man is that seat hard as hell.

08kfx450r
11-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by pudamac12
I don't like the vibration that you get through the bars, the aforementioned gearing and I wished for more power. A cam, pipe and efi mapping with a new front sprocket really woke it up. Overall I don't like it as much as my honda however and man is that seat hard as hell.

does a 15t front sprocket really make a difference as far as longer gears? i cant stand how short my gears are...i rode my buddies raptor and his second gear is pretty much like my fourth gear

esquared
11-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by pudamac12
Get a Quadtech seat and be happy .

quadgod440ex
11-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Hmm right now it looks like im leaning towards stickin with honda and grabbing the new 08... but so far it just seems like kawi has struggled with the Vibration ( easy fix) , Gearing ( another easy fix) and a hard seat which is also another easy fix.. Doesnt seem like anything major wrong with them . Just seems like honda still has them beat in my book.. The kawi doesnt seem that much better as of now that i would switch from my honda.

erac4019
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Reverse and EFI?

Sprks450r04
11-19-2007, 12:19 PM
aluminium chassis and almost fully adjustable suspension?

quadgod440ex
11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Suspension would be getting changed asap anyway, EFI and reverse is not on the top of my list. I would say the aluminum frame is nice.

KAWIRYDER
11-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Sounds like you already made up your mind.

quadgod440ex
11-20-2007, 07:52 AM
Well as of now im gonna stick with the honda i think. A local shop honda/yamaha shop is going to be sponsering me for 08 and hopefully giving me a bike so if thats the case i deffinatly gotta go with the honda. Ill keep posts .

norton
11-20-2007, 03:42 PM
yeah if then i would deffinatly go with the honda but im gonna wait for next year see what kawi fixes because all these minor alterations on the kaw still cost loads of money. So hopefull kawasaki gets there sh*t together

spincr4hire
11-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Was going to sell mine for an LTR, but I'm sticking with the Kawi. Going to go with a Rath XC LT front end and Fox shocks for my winter rebuild, along with some other stuff. I had some decent lap times with it at the last couple of local races. I'm liking it more and more each time I ride/race it.

Anybody want to trade some black plastics (just inner pieces) for my green ones?

adrenalinefreak
11-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I have the green KFX450R and I race in the WORCS series over here on the West Coast...

as for things about the Kawasaki...they are underpowered but that has a lot to do with the airbox. DASA makes a kit that wakes this machine up..in fact the team I race with DATS Racing and our guys took 1st and 3rd in the Pro-AM!!

I don't have one yet but I will soon but a steering stabilizer I heard makes such a big difference. My Kawi has a good bit of vibration in the handlebars...especially when I'm at the line and were pinned waiting for the flag to drop!

Those are the two big things!! I cannot wait to get my steering stabilizer and I also cannot wait to see the difference for myself that the DASA system makes!!

In fact...if you just change the air boot on the airbox thats where the major problem is because it's so damn restrictive!! I think they said they put an LTz400 airboot on there with the DASA system and BAM its awake!!

I would give you the information for DASA but I don't have it myself...I'm waiting on my guys to send it over to me!

spincr4hire
11-28-2007, 06:06 PM
get the Precision stabilizer, it makes a huge difference. I'm getting the intake soon also, along with a EFI controller.

QUADROOKIE
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey Spincr---let me think about the plastics. I have black and have thought about going green.

spincr4hire
12-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
Hey Spincr---let me think about the plastics. I have black and have thought about going green.

problem would be the shipping, I know its pretty high.

QUADROOKIE
12-03-2007, 07:54 AM
I may have an answer for that. let me see what I can do.