PDA

View Full Version : Atco closing

Jersey450R
11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Is this rumor true? will Atco be open for the 08' season or is it closing for good?

naw0029
11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I did not want to say anthing but i heard from a creditable source that they are calling it quits. Something about the drag strip wanting the space back since i beleve the mx tracks lease is up.

440challenger
11-15-2007, 06:59 AM
WOW,just what NJ needs, less public rididng spots.
That would be a damn shame

Crazy lil punk
11-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by 440challenger
WOW,just what NJ needs, less public rididng spots.
That would be a damn shame

x2....

deathman53
11-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I love that track, getting there after work can be abit tough. Next time I get a chance I will call the guy who runs the place and see how true this rumor is. I know he has had prolems with insurance and thats why you need a AMA card to ride there, something about the insurance.

Jersey450R
11-16-2007, 12:19 PM
ok so others have heard this, my god...guess it may be time to hang it up.

Crazy lil punk
11-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Jersey450R
ok so others have heard this, my god...guess it may be time to hang it up.

NO NO NO NO NO, remember there is still that new "Private track", Plus I will finally have a quad to race this comeing season, almost done this thing..

GraphicDisorder
11-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
NO NO NO NO NO, remember there is still that new "Private track", Plus I will finally have a quad to race this comeing season, almost done this thing..

"Private Track"?

Crazy lil punk
11-17-2007, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by GraphicDisorder
"Private Track"?

http://www.northeastmxclub.com/

GraphicDisorder
11-17-2007, 09:16 AM
http://www.northeastmxclub.com/

I must be missing the prices to ride or become a member? Im interested, I shot them a email, but do you know?

Crazy lil punk
11-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I must be missing the prices to ride or become a member? Im interested, I shot them a email, but do you know?

They arn't accpeting memebers till March, and you must Be "approved" not sure what that means, I definatly want in though

Jersey450R
11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
i already belong there. its $1200 a year.

deathman53
11-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Are you seroius????

GraphicDisorder
11-17-2007, 02:44 PM

Hope your joking, if not they can keep it for that price. It looked good, but not that good.

Crazy lil punk
11-17-2007, 02:56 PM

Which one of your organs did you sell?

deathman53
11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
I thought almost $400 when raucsh creek had season passes was high and the almost same price that tower city had was high, but almost 3 times that amount!!! It better one awesome place to ride for that price and have alot to offer for that price. I won't go to Rausch creek with the ridiculas $65/day they want, it sounds like that place makes rausch creek look cheap.

GraphicDisorder
11-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
I thought almost $400 when raucsh creek had season passes was high and the almost same price that tower city had was high, but almost 3 times that amount!!! It better one awesome place to ride for that price and have alot to offer for that price. I won't go to Rausch creek with the ridiculas $65/day they want, it sounds like that place makes rausch creek look cheap.

I can ride alot of times at 65 bucks each before it costing 1200 wow. Thats a stupid high price, I hope he was joking or I know alot of guys wont even consider it.

Crazy lil punk
11-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I can ride alot of times at 65 bucks each before it costing 1200 wow. Thats a stupid high price, I hope he was joking or I know alot of guys wont even consider it.

The high price is because you can ride 7 days a week, as long as you have another member with you, but thats still stupid high, how could a family go there?

Hammer trx450r
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
We pay 40 two times a week at atco makes 320 a month.

this place is open all the time, has a bulldozer at your dispence, clubhouse, sprinklers etc.

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
We pay 40 two times a week at atco makes 320 a month.

this place is open all the time, has a bulldozer at your dispence, clubhouse, sprinklers etc.

Which is also 2400 bucks a year for 2 memberships at the other place.

Your saving 1400 a year, but your also now having to always ride with someone at this other track.

If you can justify it, more power to you. I can not. 2400 bucks a year for me to ride hard and my gf to putt around on her bike isn't worth 2400 IMO. Ive told a few others about this place and so far the same reaction has been true.

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Well thats fine because its not the place for you and your GF to putt around anyway.

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Well thats fine because its not the place for you and your GF to putt around anyway.

I see you can't read, I said for me to ride hard and for my gf to putt around.

Your not the brightest start in the sky are you.

Crazy lil punk
11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
this is such a bummer, atco closes, chatts closes, This private track requires you to sell your left nut to get in, this blows..Blue diamond is the only track left

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
this is such a bummer, atco closes, chatts closes, This private track requires you to sell your left nut to get in, this blows..Blue diamond is the only track left

I thought Chats is going to be opening later at a new location I heard?

How is blue diamound, ive not been to it yet.

Crazy lil punk
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought Chats is going to be opening later at a new location I heard?

How is blue diamound, ive not been to it yet.

Chatts is "SUPPOSE" to get a new location, but with those damn tree-huggers you never know

Blue diamond was sick, but then they tore apart the track for minning purposes, havent ridden the track since they re did it, but I plan on heading down once I get a set of a-arms for my yfz, I havent been able to ride for so long because of the front shocks blowing out on me

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Chatts is "SUPPOSE" to get a new location, but with those damn tree-huggers you never know

Blue diamond was sick, but then they tore apart the track for minning purposes, havent ridden the track since they re did it, but I plan on heading down once I get a set of a-arms for my yfz, I havent been able to ride for so long because of the front shocks blowing out on me

Werd ill have to check out Blue Diamond also.

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I see you can't read, I said for me to ride hard and for my gf to putt around.

Your not the brightest start in the sky are you.

Sorry its more of a pro type track, you and your stock 400ex and your gf WILL putt around.:p

Sorry dude i had to, hehe

This is not the place for you though, its more for someone who races MX and needs seat time to keep up stamina. Its not like chats with trails for you to ride.

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 02:35 PM
They arn't accpeting memebers till March, and you must Be "approved" not sure what that means, I definatly want in though

Approved means, no guys with their g/f's with them:p

Sorry i had to again:devil:

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Sorry its more of a pro type track, you and your stock 400ex and your gf WILL putt around.:p

Sorry dude i had to, hehe

This is not the place for you though, its more for someone who races MX and needs seat time to keep up stamina. Its not like chats with trails for you to ride.

You dont know me, you dont know how I ride, and you sure dont know a damn thing about where I ride. And you sure the hell aren't a Pro so you can call it a pro type track if it makes you feel better, but I checked out the pictures on that site and it sure didn't look that impressive either. It was a nice and all but for it to be a pro type track your gonna need some pros there... lol.

BTW Your acting like more of a girl than most girls. Keep it up, im not the only one here that thinks this new track is expensive. The more you talk **** like your doing the more guys like me will steer others away from that track, thus costing them money, and trust me the owners looked to be real exicted about signing up a whole 2 members in one of there posts on there forum... so im sure they would have loved to have my business and others here. No worries though I have lots of places to ride.

BTW I have only been on the trails at chats once, and I was stuck waiting on some tool on a 450r till the trail widen up.

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Relax there buddy, was just kidden.

quote"It was a nice and all but for it to be a pro type track your gonna need some pros there... lol. "

Pat Brown goes there and holds classes there. I was just there with Donny Lynsinger a couple weeks ago, do they count as pros?

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 03:11 PM
Relax there buddy, was just kidden. Pat Brown goes there and holds classes there. I was just there with Donny Lynsinger a couple weeks ago, do they count as pros?

Oh im not worked up, but your attitude is enough alone that some people wouldn't want to go there. Besides there are other "pro" tracks around. Englishtown being just one to name.

Bottom line your not a pro, so stop acting like your special... It sounds like your name dropping to make yourself feel better.

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh im not worked up, but your attitude is enough alone that some people wouldn't want to go there. Besides there are other "pro" tracks around. Englishtown being just one to name.

Bottom line your not a pro, so stop acting like your special... It sounds like your name dropping to make yourself feel better.

You figured me out, I am really slow.;)

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Look i didnt pay 1200 so it wasnt that bad for me. To a weekend warrior that is alot of money, but if your paying 40 2 to 3 times a week its a deal.

Nothing ruins a track more than guys rolling the jumps or worse yet someone not going fast enough and gasing it hard at the face leaving us with ruts, not saying you and your gf are one of thos people. But you can see where I dont want it to be another chats. Your right i dont know you and you obviously don't know me. If i didnt just have knee surgery i would of invited you to go with to try it out.

GraphicDisorder
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Look i didnt pay 1200 so it wasnt that bad for me. To a weekend warrior that is alot of money, but if your paying 40 2 to 3 times a week its a deal.

Nothing ruins a track more than guys rolling the jumps or worse yet someone not going fast enough and gasing it hard at the face leaving us with ruts, not saying you and your gf are one of thos people. But you can see where I dont want it to be another chats. Your right i dont know you and you obviously don't know me. If i didnt just have knee surgery i would of invited you to go with to try it out.

My gf wouldn't want to ride on the big boy track, I thought I read someone say there was a smaller track, which would im sure better suit her. Other wise she wouldn't bother riding. So once again she doens't apply to this situation or this discussion really at all.

She isn't the point, the point is the price is high, doesn't matter what is offered. So far your the ONLY one saying different here. Id be fine with paying a membership fee, as I am self employed and I can find time to ride probably daily if needed, but honestly 1200 is high for what I see in those pictures.

I dont think they are going to see a high response here at that price.

Hammer trx450r
11-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Look they have plenty of members at that price. The place is not the best track either. But some people practice alot so its cost effective, like the topic starter Jersey 450r. The price is set to attract serious riders and weed out the not so serious.

Crazy lil punk
11-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Look they have plenty of members at that price. The place is not the best track either. But some people practice alot so its cost effective, like the topic starter Jersey 450r. The price is set to attract serious riders and weed out the not so serious.

weeding out not just the not so serious but those who just cant put up that kinda cash. but I wont *****, If I am riding I am happy enough..get some pics though dude, I want to see it

naw0029
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
ummmmm, back to the part about blue diamond, its a work in progress. I talked to one of the owners and was told that by next spring look for a solid mx track for the quad guys again. He sounded like they were realy going to try to get alot more quad guys back and make the ATV track something that is ATV friendly. I ride there as much as possable and they have been changing the track every weekend just to mix it up with the limited space they have at the time but in the spring it should be back to how it was.

Hammer trx450r
11-19-2007, 04:52 AM
Blue is a great place to ride, owners that care, and cheap

Delaware152
11-19-2007, 05:36 AM
Instead of you guys wasting your time at Blue Diamond you should go about an hour and fifteen minutes farther south to Seaford. In the winter there are a lot of Jersey guys down there...I may have met some of you with Lysinger but don't know you on here. It is worth the ride down and it's cheaper than Blue Diamond.

Jersey450R
11-19-2007, 06:12 AM
go get em' hammer!
anyone else hear about atco?

Hammer trx450r
11-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Ahh im not gettn anyone. Im on crutches so it dont mean crap to me now anyway.

Over-land 450r
11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Atco is not closing. i talked to the owner, kev, b.c. we talk all the time. not to name drop, and he said they are looking for new land but havent found any. they arnet closing so people who go to the"strip" dont know what there talking about. dont worry about
that.

I think If you can do Good in A class and have respect by pros and other A class riders and every other real rider/racer, that means you can act a little special. not cocky but confident enough to say what you want to kids that ride up and down streets and through the woods and then talk about Mx tracks.

I saw that you Droped E-town as a pro track. did you ever ride there? or just heard of it?

Hammer and i are friends with Donny. Donny is a pro. he rides at the Private track.
he isnt name dropping to feel special, he did it b.c. he can.

I also know the owner of the Private track. i race with his son.

Pay the $300 a year at chatts and look at what you get. fat people with Radar guns in the parking lot telling you to slow down and girlfriends geting in your way. Not at the Pravite track. the price is intended to keep that crap away.

I think it is consider a pro track Because.Pat Brown, Chris tate and TRavis spader ride and practice there all the time.

PLEASE, this is a race practice track, Not chattsworth. Dont bring your girlfriends.

Graphic what does you geting stuck behind a 450r have to do with how fast you are?

Hammer trx450r
11-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Over-land 450r
Atco is not closing. i talked to the owner, kev, b.c. we talk all the time. not to name drop, and he said they are looking for new land but havent found any. they arnet closing so people who go to the"strip" dont know what there talking about. dont worry about
that.

I think If you can do Good in A class and have respect by pros and other A class riders and every other real rider/racer, that means you can act a little special. not cocky but confident enough to say what you want to kids that ride up and down streets and through the woods and then talk about Mx tracks.

I saw that you Droped E-town as a pro track. did you ever ride there? or just heard of it?

Hammer and i are friends with Donny. Donny is a pro. he rides at the Private track.

Pay the $300 a year at chatts and look at what you get. fat people with Radar guns in the parking lot telling you to slow down and girlfriends geting in your way. Not at the Pravite track. the price is intended to keep that crap away.

I think it is consider a pro track Because.Pat Brown, Chris tate and TRavis spader ride and practice there all the time.

PLEASE, this is a race practice track, Not chattsworth. Dont bring your girlfriends.

Graphic what does you geting stuck behind a 450r have to do with how fast you are?

Holy crap Rob!!!!!!!!! Did u get hooked on phonics or something?

GraphicDisorder
11-19-2007, 03:39 PM
that.

No worries alot of tracks start out just like that, and they soon find out they have to let more people ride and put up different levels tracks to be able to afford to keep it going.

If I have to explain to you why I had to wait on some tool on a 450r your probably also not the brightest star in the sky either. Trust me not all guys are fast that are ridding a 450..... some are down right pathetic... its kinda funny actually.

But anyway ive now spoke with one of the owners at this "new" track and he was pretty nice to speek with, hes obviously doesn't think hes better than everyone else like the two of you on here clearly do.

Im going to let him know that I wont be checking out the track like me and him had discussed just based on the fact that you two tools are to busy making him and his track look bad on this site.

No problems, carry on, your better than everyone, tell yourself that every day and you will feel better I bet.

naw0029
11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
whats the deal with seaford-midleford. i have been to the micro sprint track before with our micro and seen the mx track but i always thought that it was only open on select days. please post more info. thanks

Hammer trx450r
11-19-2007, 04:08 PM
No worries alot of tracks start out just like that, and they soon find out they have to let more people ride and put up different levels tracks to be able to afford to keep it going.

If I have to explain to you why I had to wait on some tool on a 450r your probably also not the brightest star in the sky either. Trust me not all guys are fast that are ridding a 450..... some are down right pathetic... its kinda funny actually.

But anyway ive now spoke with one of the owners at this "new" track and he was pretty nice to speek with, hes obviously doesn't think hes better than everyone else like the two of you on here clearly do.

Im going to let him know that I wont be checking out the track like me and him had discussed just based on the fact that you two tools are to busy making him and his track look bad on this site.

No problems, carry on, your better than everyone, tell yourself that every day and you will feel better I bet.

So now its not too expensive? Dude either show up and pay and maybe learn something or stfu. I was defending the tracks fees that you were bashing, and somehow your talking about rookies on 450r's. :huh

Crazy lil punk
11-19-2007, 04:13 PM
guys, whats the big deal? We all ride, thats whats important right? who cares who rides what and where? lets get back to the topic, hopefully atco is not closing, the end.

GraphicDisorder
11-19-2007, 05:09 PM
So now its not too expensive? Dude either show up and pay and maybe learn something or stfu. I was defending the tracks fees that you were bashing, and somehow your talking about rookies on 450r's. :huh

Its never been that much about money, ive spent money on stupider things, but the attitudes and price will not attract members like you think. The price was only part of it.

Over-land 450r
11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
hey bro dont btich to us. we dont care your not goin. neither does john. your doing us a favor so go cry elsewhere. Maybe grow some balls and come to the "pro" track next year since you cant handle it. pce.

GraphicDisorder
11-19-2007, 06:55 PM
hey bro dont btich to us. we dont care your not goin. neither does john. your doing us a favor so go cry elsewhere. Maybe grow some balls and come to the "pro" track next year since you cant handle it. pce.

Spoken like a guy truely full of himself, because he lacks the vocab to hold a adult coversation, shocker.

Over-land 450r
11-19-2007, 06:59 PM
NORTH EAST MX TRACK,
Come check it out. sweet jumps, Nasty burms, and sikk whoops.
all levels excepted. great atmosphere for all ages. meet the top pros, hang with them, and even put in a moto or 2 with them. dont froget about the clubhouse, GReat place to sit back and relax a bit. Great for the girls to cool off.

Come check it out.

Just dont ***** if you cant handle it.

Jersey450R
11-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Holy crap Rob!!!!!!!!! Did u get hooked on phonics or something?

hahaha, that was the funniest thing i've heard in a long time, i'm going to be laughing tomorrow when i look at it again. nothing against rob but damm that was funny as chit!

Delaware152
11-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by naw0029
whats the deal with seaford-midleford. i have been to the micro sprint track before with our micro and seen the mx track but i always thought that it was only open on select days. please post more info. thanks

Open every Sunday unless there is a race or bad weather. This time of the year is when people travel down here to ride. The weather is better than up north. There website is delmarvamotorsportspark.com for more information.

440challenger
11-20-2007, 06:40 AM
What happend to this thread it turned into a bench racing battle. :eek2: :cuss: :muscle: :p

Jersey450R
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 440challenger
What happend to this thread it turned into a bench racing battle. :eek2: :cuss: :muscle: :p

have any info about atco?

Hammer trx450r
11-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Dave i heard same thing Robby heard. Hey Dave geuss who got off crutches today:blah:

Jersey450R
11-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Dave i heard same thing Robby heard. Hey Dave geuss who got off crutches today:blah:

:macho

Over-land 450r
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
THEY ARE NOT CLOSING!!!! everybody can look forward to new and exciting changes. yay.

jrspawn
12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
If Anyone is wanting to head to Blue Diamond anytime, just let me know and ill be there. Actually went there yesterday with the Rhino to blow the cobb webs off it:devil: There is a Totally new track layout that is looking to be a very nice Long track. I had one of the best days at the track out there yesterday. Ride all you want whenever you want at any pace and just have a good time out there!

Seaford/middleford/delmarva motorsports park is also another great track as most of you know. It always groomed good and nice sandy/loamy dirt there. And there is always a Ton of crazy fast guys there. Its about a little over an hour south of Blue diamond.

I think alot of the guys arguing over tracks really need to step back and appreciate ANY track/place to ride. Before you know it we will have no place to ride if everyone doesnt pitch in and support those who support the sport!

Thank you
Justin

katch26
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jrspawn
If Anyone is wanting to head to Blue Diamond anytime, just let me know and ill be there. Actually went there yesterday with the Rhino to blow the cobb webs off it:devil: There is a Totally new track layout that is looking to be a very nice Long track. I had one of the best days at the track out there yesterday. Ride all you want whenever you want at any pace and just have a good time out there!

Seaford/middleford/delmarva motorsports park is also another great track as most of you know. It always groomed good and nice sandy/loamy dirt there. And there is always a Ton of crazy fast guys there. Its about a little over an hour south of Blue diamond.

I think alot of the guys arguing over tracks really need to step back and appreciate ANY track/place to ride. Before you know it we will have no place to ride if everyone doesnt pitch in and support those who support the sport!

Thank you
Justin

where in seaford os that track?, My grandmother lives there and has never heard of it?.....secondly isnt there supposed to be a Sonic there too?

Delaware152
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
People in that area may also know it as Middleford. It is located on Coverdale crossroads. There website is delmarvamotorsportspark.com. If you have any other questions send me a PM.

Jersey450R
12-10-2007, 11:44 AM
THEY ARE NOT CLOSING!!!! everybody can look forward to new and exciting changes. yay.

90 % chance they arent going to be open guys. gary's dikin over kevin and kevin just had a baby so...
looks like theres not going to be atco anymore. sux.

Hammer trx450r
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
90 % chance they arent going to be open guys. gary's dikin over kevin and kevin just had a baby so...
looks like theres not going to be atco anymore. sux.

Where u hear this Dave?

Jersey450R
12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Where u hear this Dave?

who do you think, lol. unless amiracle comes along with either two new people to run the place or some major investors, the place is done. Gary wants out, kevin has a baby now. kevin wont do it by himself. besides, they make no money. it all goes back into the track and mostly the machines when they break.
this is really dis heartning news considering i had all intentions to put a season together in 08'. this was my time. i bought the enclosed just for this basically. what a dissappointment. oh, and Donny's quad was stolen last night :eek2:

mxdad
12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
It is true, Atco is done.

This was posted on another site by Vice President & MX Points Keeper of District 6.

Below are the classes and further down are the ATV Ultimate dates.

Open A
Open B
Open C
Pro Am (for A riders only)
25+
Collegeboy (16-24)
Women (16+) **special for series races only

91-200 2 str/91-300 4 str Production (13-15)
Girls (up to 90 2 str/125 4 str) (8-15) ** special for series races only
Sr. Mini (up to 90 2 str/ 125 4 str) any quad (8-15)
Jr. Mini (up to 70cc - any quad) (6-11)
90 Prod CVT (up to 90 2 str/125 4 str CVT) belt driven trans (8-15)
70 Prod CVT (up to 70 CVT) belt driven trans 6 - 11 yrs
50 Prod CVT - belt driven trans 6 - 8 yrs
50 Stock Limited (4-7)

The dates are listed below and there will be 2 throw aways to make 11 total races to count.

3/16 Sleepy (main track) ATV only
4/6 Evansville (main track) ATV Only
4/20 Doublin ATV only
5/11 Raceway ATV only
5/31 Hurricane ATV only
7/5&7/6 DMX (2 day 3 moto format) (main track) ATV only
7/20 Raceway ATV only
7/27 Sleepy
8/10 Miles
8/31 DMX
9/7 Hurricane ATV only
9/14 Evansville (main track) ATV only
9/28 Miles Mt.

I am sorry to say that Atco has closed it's MX track so will not be a part of the ATV series for 2008. They will be missed.

2008 District 6 Motocross Card Application is posted on www.d-6quadsrule.com

Hammer trx450r
12-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah its true, bum deal

Jersey450R
12-12-2007, 01:01 PM
its funny, i just clicked on atco's website and its just blank, lol!

Hammer trx450r
12-12-2007, 01:02 PM
its funny, i just clicked on atco's website and its just blank, lol!

Atco is just one place, still plenty out there for your 08 season

kfxwizzard400
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
thank god i live in pa

GraphicDisorder
12-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by kfxwizzard400
thank god i live in pa

I dont live far from warrington, where to you ride?

deathman53
12-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Guys, get your facts straight. Atco isn't closing, yes, only Kevin will be running it, Gary is no longer involed, and Kevin is having problems with district 6 for racing. He swears to me that in 08, I think march, it will be re-opening at with some big changes. He may not have anything to do with district 6, but it still will be open for practice.

Jersey450R
12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Guys, get your facts straight. Atco isn't closing, yes, only Kevin will be running it, Gary is no longer involed, and Kevin is having problems with district 6 for racing. He swears to me that in 08, I think march, it will be re-opening at with some big changes. He may not have anything to do with district 6, but it still will be open for practice.

i just heard the same thing deathman. theres going to be a meeting to discuss monetary situations. i just post stuff up as i hear it you know..even if the track isnt district 6 anymore, at least we will still have a nice place to ride . think of all the minis that go there with their families, thats who i feel for the most. i look at them little kids having the time of their lives and it puts a smile on my face. :)

mxdad
12-20-2007, 04:15 AM
Please don't get upset when people pass on their info like you are the only one that knows what is going on. Atco's problems are not with District 6. They have their own issues to work out and D6 was sad to lose them for 2008.

Here is more info posted on the AMA District 6 message board...

Posted by Rich (Motorhead) on 12/18/2007, 9:38 am, in reply to "Does anyone know what is going on with ATCO???"
65.105.124.X

As of right now, its closed. Working on getting it reopened. Will post any new info as its happening.

Check out the message board on the AMA District 6 site for updates...

http://www.amadistrict6.com/

Hammer trx450r
12-20-2007, 04:57 AM
I agree wit u mxdad. Our facts are coming straight from Kevin himself, maybe they change from day to day and you got the same info we did you just jumped on here first, so dont come on here and act like we are spreading bad info:macho

mxdad
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Here's the latest from the D6 message board...

Posted by Tom (Grahamracing) on 1/5/2008, 2:49 pm, in reply to "Re: What is the verdict on Atco? Anyone? (Let's not make this an Internet fight though)"

I talked to Patti from D6 last night. She told me Kevin was trying to work something out. From what I was told, back in Nov when D6 was geting the 2008 race events in order Atco was unsure what they were doing. Gary was not going to be there after 2007 season. D6 went and made there season and Atco is not on there for 2008. If Kevin is able to get the track back open and running again it will be back in the 2009 D6 series.

Jersey450R
01-29-2008, 07:41 AM
i'm hearing good things guys. but we all know things change in a matter of minutes.

mxdad
01-30-2008, 02:52 AM
Found this on D6 board...
Posted by 497 (algmike) on 1/24/2008, 5:35 pm
68.38.48.X

maybe i'm the last to know. but i called the Atco number today and they are opening.
listen to the message
856-768-6000

(Good luck Kevin)

jerkyboy
02-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Heard the same thing. Supposed to open in March.

Jersey450R
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
well, we know they will be open for sure now. the phone recording says opening roughly march 1st which is a saturday...
does anyone know what the official practice days/nights are going to be? trying to work things out with work so i can get out on practice times.

jerkyboy
02-20-2008, 07:45 PM
I read on the D-6 forum they will be opening in late March.
Practice will be fridays only till summer. Then it will be Tuesdays
and Fridays. They say there going to run about 14 races.

Hammer trx450r
02-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I heard that atco itself put the message back on to spike interest. I dont think anything is set in stone. but it looks promising

Tubsy
02-23-2008, 07:08 PM
i wanna get out there on my R, all i have been doing were pits lol

Hammer trx450r
02-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Atco will be open after march 15th

dirtman2
02-26-2008, 09:01 PM
like def it will be open after march 15 your saying

Hammer trx450r
02-27-2008, 04:50 AM
yes from Kevin himself.

Over-land 450r
03-04-2008, 04:07 PM
atco will start practicing around march 15. races will start around april 15th. Practices friday nites until memorial day then they start on tuesdays until labor day. i saw the track sunday. its lookin good.

Jersey450R
03-06-2008, 11:21 AM
1st practice is the 21st.

Hammer trx450r
03-06-2008, 12:11 PM
who do you think, lol. unless amiracle comes along with either two new people to run the place or some major investors, the place is done. Gary wants out, kevin has a baby now. kevin wont do it by himself. besides, they make no money. it all goes back into the track and mostly the machines when they break.
this is really dis heartning news considering i had all intentions to put a season together in 08'. this was my time. i bought the enclosed just for this basically. what a dissappointment. oh, and Donny's quad was stolen last night :eek2:

Better break that trailer out!!!;)

Jersey450R
03-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Better break that trailer out!!!;)

if i can get it registered in time. i'm havin some trouble with my light hookup on the lightning.

Hammer trx450r
03-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Gee lighting problem on a trailer? never heard that one before. :devil:

chase the wires make sure they didnt rub anywhere

jrspawn
03-12-2008, 01:46 PM
How much practice do you guys normally get out there in a night? And how is there practice laid out? Im thinking of getting back on a quad some this year and thinking of heading up there for some practice.

Thank you
Justin

Jersey450R
03-12-2008, 05:52 PM
How much practice do you guys normally get out there in a night? And how is there practice laid out? Im thinking of getting back on a quad some this year and thinking of heading up there for some practice.

Thank you
Justin

if there's alot of people they split up bikes and quads. usually tuesdays are great! you have the track to yourself. alot of pro's come there to practice also. i think they are making the track a little more novice, rather than straight out supercross. all the holes are filled in so no one goes swimming (hammer, lol) and i dont know why, but we still need district 6 cards...even though they arent D-6 this year.

Hammer trx450r
03-13-2008, 12:06 PM
When your there as much as i am your bound to be in the water sooner or later. Broken axle on landing means right turn Clide, not much you can do but roll off the back and let her go swimming

Im sure Justin could back me on that, he snapped his while i was behind him down Deleware track.

jrspawn
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
lol, yeah broken axles SUCK! Luckily when mine happened i was coming down out of the air like a bomb, lol. The whole rear end just stuck in the ground and stopped me right away.

All you guys going to be at atco next friday? I might make it up there and go out for some fun.

Thank you
Justin

Hammer trx450r
03-13-2008, 01:03 PM
I'll be there, just getting over knee surgery so ill be out there for fun too.

yellowzo3
03-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Where do you get D6 cards at?

jrspawn
03-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Do you need a D6 card just to practice there?

thank you
justin

deathman53
03-15-2008, 01:12 PM
by a d6 card, you mean a AMA card?

Hammer trx450r
03-15-2008, 01:21 PM
by a d6 card, you mean a AMA card?

I think thats what he is saying. you only need an AMA card

yellowzo3
03-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh alright thanks lol... I thought it was something different I haven't heard of before. I'm pretty sure you can get an AMA card online now right? Simple enough lol...Thanks again!

Jersey450R
03-15-2008, 09:58 PM
no, you need both. the d-6 cards are 20 bux.

Crazy lil punk
03-16-2008, 03:07 PM
lol, yeah broken axles SUCK! Luckily when mine happened i was coming down out of the air like a bomb, lol. The whole rear end just stuck in the ground and stopped me right away.

All you guys going to be at atco next friday? I might make it up there and go out for some fun.

Thank you
Justin

I remeber that! that double step down was awesome at blue.

Hammer trx450r
03-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I dont think they are gonna make friday night, to much work to be done.

I dont think you need the dis-6 card for practice either

Jersey450R
03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I dont think they are gonna make friday night, to much work to be done.

I dont think you need the dis-6 card for practice either

i know, it sux. i took off work and everything. yea your right, the d6 cards are for race days only.

quadracer85st
03-18-2008, 08:26 PM
did you guys here anything on the mx track at the new motosport park in millville? i know that there is a track on the layout plans but they havent even started
excavating where the track is supposed to be

Jersey450R
03-26-2008, 08:13 PM
open friday! 28th.