PDA

View Full Version : need some help with my utility bike

bansheemorphine
11-14-2007, 08:58 AM
i have a 2002 kawasaki 650 prairy it has about 10048 kms on it and is on it's 3rd motor when i start the bike it smokes a little but after it warms up it stops, but the other night it was snowing so i went out for a ride i put a good 50km on and the bike was running great.

Then as i was taking my buddy home the thing just kinda bogged out and slowy died and then wouldn't start. I brought it home and found out i wasn't getting any gas, got that problem solved and now it will start if i have the choke on and don't touch the throttle but if i shut the choke off or hit the throttle it will die.

When i hit the throttle it will just kindof spit and studder and then bogg out and die like it did the night it was snowing. if i shut the choke off it sounds like it will run on one cylinder for a second then just die it also does that sometime when i start it it will start on one cyclinder and then when the second kicks in it will idle almost right untill i take the choke off.

Has anyone had this problem before? i thought it might be plugs so i just put new plugs in and thats not it. I have no idea where to start i hope it not wiring because this thing has a mess of wires in it.

AJG400
11-14-2007, 09:13 AM
i would try and clean the carb

bansheemorphine
11-14-2007, 09:14 AM
that was going to be my next geuss i'll give that a shot tonight

300exOH
11-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Sounds like the same problem I had with a 250ex. It had a clogged pilot jet. Try taking the carb apart and cleaning it really well and blow compressed air through the jets. If you don't have a compressor you can buy cans of compressed air at any electronics shop.

bansheemorphine
11-15-2007, 01:40 PM
went out to the garage today to clean the carbs and before i took them off i tryed to start it, it started up fine and ran like normal went and drove it around and it's running great, i put some gasline antifreeze/ water remover in the tank yesterday so that might have been my problem