PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser for a friend's dying brother

250R-Dee
11-14-2007, 05:50 AM
My friend's younger brother has pretty much lost his battle with Colon Cancer and I'd like to do as much as possible to help with the burial cost, hospital bill and trust fund for his 2 year old daughter.

Robert Tyler's last wishes are to be buried in a plot by his father, who also succumbed to Colon Cancer, and to not leave his family with a huge financial burden. Hospital bills are $100k and the burial will be $10k. I am planning to donate $1k right now and $2k~5k later for his daughter's trust fund.

A close family friend in Texas has setup a bank account for the fundraiser and his older brother Michael Tyler just created a paypal account that is attached to the Regents Bank account.

This is not a scam! I have known Michael Tyler for 10 years and we served in the USMC together. Mike is somewhat flabbergasted right now so I want to do as much as possible to help . I guess I know how Mike feels because I lost my father and grandfather to Larynx cancer.

Robert's story on the local news. (http://www.ketknbc.com/topvideo/11184276.html?skipthumb=Y)

Donations can be paypaled to: robert_tyler_fund@fastmail.fm

Semper Fidelis,
Dee

Pappy
11-14-2007, 05:52 AM
sorry to hear about this dee....best wishes to all involved, and we will pray for them.

250R-Dee
12-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Thanks Pappy!

I guess Robert Tyler wanted to have one last Christmas with his family. Robert passed away on the morning of his brothers birthday Dec 26th. Robert is no longer suffering with each breath but we will definitely miss him.

We will appreciate any support, prayers and/or donations, that you guys can provide.

Dee

SGA
12-27-2007, 07:29 AM
Prayer said.