PDA

View Full Version : bar pad and eletrical lights

Drewltr450
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
i just got some new protaper bars and there oversized and ive got the bar pad on, the stock plastic piece the one with the fi light on it and the neutral and gas how do i get rid of it but keep the lights or do i have to get rid of the lights. doesnt really matter to me i just want to know before i spend the time to take my plastics off to see if i can unplug it

Merl991
11-14-2007, 08:35 PM
you can find some info here...linky (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270623&highlight=lights) look on the 2nd page. but i put mine on gas tank plastic infront of gas cap

Drewltr450
11-14-2007, 09:06 PM
did u just drill hole and how did u get the lights out of the original plastic piece

Merl991
11-14-2007, 09:15 PM
to get them out of the original plastic... take a small screwdriver and pry the red, yellow, and green caps off. once they are gone the rubber light asm will just slide out. the original holes are oblonged so, you have to drill a hole and then take a file or dremel to shape it the rest of the way. i made a cardboard template from the original holes to help.

ny300exrider
11-15-2007, 05:14 AM
hey drew, if you want some help i can come over and help you with it...i had to do this on my old 450. its real easy. like merl said, just pop the colored caps off with a screwdriver...the light/rubber with slide right out of the hole from the bottom. then find a spot you like to mount the lights. you can drill a hole somewhere in the plastic or ziptie them up in the cables.

tanner 222
11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
all i did with mine was found where it plugged in right by where the front light plugs in and just pulled that out and took all the lights and plastic off. its super easy really.

Bkillerp
11-16-2007, 10:27 AM
I drilled mine in a triangle shape below the steering stem on the tank cover and mounted them there. I like it, but it can be kind of hard to see the lights with the bar pad in the way.