PDA

View Full Version : Little Update On Me (Violent Pics!)

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm not sure if many of you know about the headon truck collision I had with my quad on September 2nd but I will explain again if you haven't heard what happened. It was just an ordinary day of practicing for races in the future at a friends farm. We do everything acustom to as if it was an actual race, dead start, 1 hour race, everything. I ended up getting the holeshot out of my little brother and my cousin. I was going as fast as my abilities let me and came around a blind spot bend sliding 4th gear pinned and to what I could see was a pickup truck. He was moving and so was I so i had maybe a split second to think. I am sure everyone would slam there brakes correct? That's exactly what I did but I do not remember to much of it, I mean I do remember seeing the truck but then I woke up to find out my ankle was broke again. ( I broke it 2 years ago so I knew the feeling) I also had a severe concussion and my wrist was broke. Yes I was wearing a helmet!!! I would never dream about riding without one or without all of my protective gear (boots, goggles, chest protector, ect) Well while I was rushed to my house so the doctors in the ER didn't cut my riding gear off my cousin drove me to my house which was 45 mins away from where I lived and once I got to my house off I changed my clothes and rushed to the main hopsital in Pittsburgh right away. I had many doctors look at me in the ER and they just put me in a ER patient room for the time being because all the rooms were filled somehow. So there I was on my back completely, no food, no water until I could make sure my back was ok. It took around 8 hours for them to give me a catscan and when they put me on to the bed to get my X-ray of my head/back the ***** grabbed my ankle! I was so pissed of then. I was in the ER room for around 8 hours and finally I could see a doctor. He just numbed my wrist up with a big needle and popped that sucker back in place and casted it, which he did a poorly job since it was 3 AM. I finally got my room and what do you know it was terrible. I was stuck in a room with a mental retard that could not speak or hear. The room I was in was the hottest in the hospital on the 10th floor, The kid next to me kept pooping himself. It was a living nightmare! Why couldn't I get atleast a kid with a football injury or something? The tuesday after it happened they gave me the ok to leave, my ankle was too swollen so I had to go back a week later for them to cast it. When I did I told them to cut off my wrist cast because he made it too tight and when they put my ankle cast on everything went ok as planned. The wrist cast they put on this time was tighter than before! and left a big crease in the palm of my hand that was really painful. They wanted to see me in another week to check my ankle to make sure it's ok. So when I went back in a week they cut it off and my ankle actually had a water blistor and he said that he would get a plastic surgeon to take a look at it next week. Why wouldn't you get the surgeon that same day if it looked like something was wrong. No, he waits until its really f*cking infected before they see it. It looked like beef jerky when I finally got to see a plastic surgeon back in the hopsital 4 weeks after my crash happened. The plastic surgeon said I would have to get surgery today because my ankle was infected tremendously. So I went into surgery that day and they took whatever was infected out, it ended up being my skin, and the muscle tissue down to to the bone. So now I had a big hole in my leg so they gave me this machine to run on it to bring fresh tissue back up to make into muscle. I ended up being in the hospital for another 5 days which seemed like a year and then they let me go when I got my own machine for my ankle. They wanted a nurse to come change the dressing on my ankle every 3 days, what a dressing is it a sponge that they stuck in the hole of my ankle if many of you were wondering. After having the machine on for 2-3 weeks and a nurse coming over my house every 3 days it was time to go and see if I needed a skin graph or not. Turns out they needed to :( so they took a thin chunk of skin off of my left thigh and stapled it on my ankle. This was 6 weeks into the healing process and still my ankle wasn't healed completely. So all we had to do now was change the dressing of like ointment on my ankle everyday and which i am continuing to do. The staples are not in my ankle anymore and I am finally up and walking again. The total recover time was 6 weeks for my wrist and 8 weeks for my ankle which still isn't perfect. Sorry for my write up I just wanted to let my fellow riders know what happened to me. I am still going to ride even after all of this because its what I love to do! My doctor even said I was crazy but I am not listening to anyone. Riding is my favorite thing to do, its my life and I couldn't give it up for the world. Here are the pics from when the crash happened and so on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/090307_10482.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/090207_21311.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/090207_21301.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/092107_11432.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/ankle2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/DSC04766.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/LeGaCyGiAnT124/1009071617.jpg

ShiftFMX
11-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Thats Gonna Be one sweet scar!

pro-rider46
11-13-2007, 09:02 PM
wow you sure did a number on yourself, and i know how you feel about the hospital tards, our hospital here blows, so when you get in a bad accident like yourself, your goin to pittsburgh or connamagh, i know pittsburghs not extremely good, but here in Indiana, its totally sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

honduh440
11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
man, crappy hostpials really do suck. i broke my leg in 2 spots about 2 inches apart "how that physically happens i dont know" and i was out in the country so the closest hospital was a po dunk place in a small town .. went into a full blown surgery and after healing for 4 weeks they went into do another x ray and decided that they messed up and had to start over :grr:

Bradracer18
11-13-2007, 10:44 PM
good work....lol....I just spit pizza rolls all over my computer. haha!

firefighterjosh
11-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Where you racing on the road?:confused: Glad your getting better.

Ya its hard to trust doctors. My friend wreck his quad down a huge hill and hurt his kneck badly. They took x rays of it and said it was fine......about 3am that night my friend's mom got a call from the hospital saying there was a mistake and to check on her son because he broke his kneck! He was lucky he didn't mess him self up badly by walking around without a halo! He ended up having to where a halo drilled into his skull.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Nope, I hate riding on the road, It burns the tread a lot.

nh591
11-14-2007, 06:11 AM
how'd you hit a truck then??

54warrior
11-14-2007, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by nh591

that's what I was wondering???

Ghost-Rider
11-14-2007, 12:49 PM

I think he was on wide trails and a truck was on the trails.

Mean250r
11-14-2007, 01:18 PM

:confused: :confused: :chinese:

honda8&3
11-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Thats Gonna Be one sweet scar!

LOL ya glad to see you're getting better dude. Hows the 400ex?

416exfreak
11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

He said he was at a track at someones house, so im gonna guess that someone in a truck had pulled out onto the track and he hit them.

I wanna see pics of the fo hundy.:devil:

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-14-2007, 03:28 PM
ouch

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-14-2007, 03:30 PM
ouch 2

It is a XC track, all woods riding and one trail is just big enough for a truck to fit in along with them hitting tree branches and what not but yea he came on it.

11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I am confused where did this truck hit you because the front end is not smashed from what I see its just your nerfs and bars?

Mxjunkie
11-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by RoadRidin450r
I am confused where did this truck hit you because the front end is not smashed from what I see its just your nerfs and bars?

If he was trying to stop and slammed the brakes he was probaly sideways, hence his broken ankle probaly :p

LeGaCyGiAnT124
11-14-2007, 04:17 PM
stem is trashed also, handlebars completely done, I need new nerf bars, steering stabilizer is bent, subframe got bend, hood cracked, that sounds about all. I got really lucky nothing else is wrong!

11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I hope you get better man ...wear you're ridin boots bro;)

440challenger
11-14-2007, 05:13 PM
DANG! hope you get better man. I hate hospitals...they did you wrong there!!! Lookin at those pics bring back a ton of memories. Just re think where you ride. you never know if someone is coming down a trail, theres a tree down or sum ********* put a rope/etc across the trail.

honda8&3
11-14-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by coreymx58
I hope you get better man ...wear you're ridin boots bro;)

He was wearing riding boots that is the sad part.:(

LTandRaptorider
11-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Damn, some nice pics!:eek: Hope ya heal up ok.

I have been to UPMC Shadyside and Conemaugh hospitals. Had good luck at both, and the food was great at Conemaugh! :D

Toadz400
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I would look into making the hospital pay for their mistakes. Seems they aren't doing their jobs properly or are in too much of a hurry to really care. I was told my shoulder was fine by several doctors and finally after getting an MRI they saw my arm was fractured and when I went in for surgery there was absolutely nothing holding my arm in the socket. Good thing I like to see multiple doctors when I don't like the opinion of the first. Also, my grandma is dead because of doctors. Tore her ACL and had surgery and acquired staff infection. Spread to her heart and there was no way she was making it out of that. I always knew there was a reason why I despised doctors and hospitals.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Here is a picture of what that hole looks like now. It is still pitted in and is numb where they put the skin from my thigh. It has been around 7 months now and I am pretty much ready to ride. I figured some of you were wondering what it looks like now anyway :D

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
This a picture of my thigh

Ralph
04-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
Here is a picture of what that hole looks like now. It is still pitted in and is numb where they put the skin from my thigh. It has been around 7 months now and I am pretty much ready to ride. I figured some of you were wondering what it looks like now anyway :D

Im shocked to see how well that healed up. They really did a good job on that. How does the skin graft area feel?

I got a big scar on my left arm. I had one of my bones rip out of my arm when i broke it and it got infected. That hospital was crap. I had several surgeries and had to take antibiotics through a catheter for a couple weeks. It still feels really weird to the touch several years later...

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-14-2008, 08:35 PM
It does not feel weird at all at the thigh they took the skin off of but on my ankle it is numb where the hole was. Pretty crazy and **** and I am thinking about racing :o

the Z Man
04-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Looks like you bent the front rim too, Them baja's are tough..

LeGaCyGiAnT124
04-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Yea the baja is bent. It is the whole rim in the shape of a U. I can't imagine what the guy in truck had to have seen. He probably was so scared. I wouldn't know how to react at the time either. It was no ones fault just an accident.

NPelletier
04-15-2008, 04:49 AM
your ankle is looking great, now get better man:D

bluebaron
04-15-2008, 11:04 AM
You didn't go to the hospital right away because you didn't want them to ruin your gear?

Mxjunkie
04-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
You didn't go to the hospital right away because you didn't want them to ruin your gear?

They cut everything off of you, gear is expensive :blah: