PDA

View Full Version : Help Please, broken bolts

rickjames
11-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey guys,
I had a inccident on my track over the weekend. I jumped one of the doubles on my track and when I hit the ground my right side nerf busted both peg bolts (AC Nerfs) and cracked the weld at the front and busted that bolt as well. I used the easy out to get the two bolts in the front of the peg and under the engine out, but the one in the back wasn't cooperating. I broke the easy out inside the bolt and now I have no means to get the botl out. If you look at your quad the back peg bolts go into the frame of the bike. There is no access to the back of the bolt on the quad.

Question:

What should I do? Anyone have this situation before, please give me some advice. Thanks

Travis

11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Try a punch and a hammer.

pro-rider46
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
you can drill it out alil, and get a tap and die set and tap it, and get a new bolt. do you have any pics?

step869
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
left hand thred drill bits man

low speed and lots of cutting oil

good luck

ss440ex
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
try welding a nut to it....or removing it with a high speed rotary file.

Good luck....

bloodmoney23
11-14-2007, 07:22 PM
did the same thing with an easy out on my buddies dirt bike yesterday. Thing broke just drilling it in and i know its a pain cause its almost impossible to drill into an easy out. Like guy said if you can get a hole punch or such and knock the easy out out of there your in good shape. Get yourself the left side drill bits or tap and die set and youll get that bolt right out. main thing is getting the easy out right now. Good luck it took us about 20 min to get it out but it will come out.