PDA

View Full Version : Best news I've gotten in a long time!

Toadz400
11-13-2007, 04:54 PM
I can ride again!!!

After a long 3 1/2 months I saw my surgeon again and he gave me the thumbs up to ride snowmobile and quads again! The downside: No aggressive riding or jumping. The upside to the downside: I can do that in 2 1/2 months.

I'm just happy to be able to ride again! My gf said I sounded like a teenage girl at a Backstreet Boys concert after we walked out. (Yes, I'm that excited.)

I'll hopefully have time to be able to take the YFZ out for a ride Thanksgiving weekend as long as I'm not working too late. Poor thing has been ridden since before my surgery!! It's been the longest 3 1/2 months of my life.

BlaineKaiser450
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
sweet, i hope everything goes well until ur fully healed

-Blaine

Toadz400
11-13-2007, 05:13 PM
Yea I'm definitely going to take it easy but it'll be a huge relief to be able to just ride again.

Supposedly it takes a good 6 months for all the soft tissue to heal correctly and only about a month or two for the bigger muscles/tissue to heal. I didn't think 6 months was that long but I'm only halfway through and it feels like years.

416exfreak
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
When I shattered my femur two years ago, it was soooo hard to watch my dad take my 400 and go ride it.

When I got to where I could halfway hobble around I would go outside and crank it just to hear it idle.:p

Now, everytime I ride, I do it to the fullest. This sport is just to much for me to give up.:)

BTW- I couldnt ride about a year. and for 6 months after that it had to be easy riding, no jumping or anything fast.

NPelletier
11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
i thought you were pregnant:p

Ghost-Rider
11-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't go overboard whatever you do.

Toadz400
11-13-2007, 06:00 PM
No pregnancy here, at least I sure hope not! The past 4 months have been the worst of my life. I've had nothing but trouble/bad luck with everything. Got injured, Target won't pay my short term disability, lost my job, Qwest won't stop screwing me over (never, ever go with Qwest), landlord is screwing me over, Century College screwed/is screwing me over, etc. I could go on and on with everything that's gone wrong. But I've been trying to make the best of it (not working so well but damn it I'll try!!).

I couldn't imagine not riding for an entire year. I thought I was going to die when he told me 6 months and maybe I'll be able to ride. I've been recovering so well that I'm able to ride sooner, thank God.

When I go out for a ride I'm definitely not going to push myself. I've gotten pretty good at figuring out my limits - if it starts to hurt, I stop immediately. Then I work just a little bit below that level and build up my endurance until I reach a new limit. I figure if it starts to hurt when I'm riding I'll either slow down and do some stretches or put it off for awhile until my strength is built up more.