PDA

View Full Version : axle help?

redexrider4290
11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
i want to start racing and i need to get a new axle i currently have a durablue(stock with) and i am looking for like a +4 and i am on a strict budget.
i was looking at the g-force but i have herd some mixed resposes on here about it?

pretty much i am looking for the cheapest axle i can find that isn't gona cost me more in the long run (bend,break,ruin any other parts)

dustin_j
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I had a G-force on my raptor and it held up fine. However, I never had any big wrecks on it and no huge jumps. If you're worried then ride as is and save up for a better axle, roughly $100 more. You don't need a sweet setup to start racing, you'll end up being that much faster when you do get the good setup.

Big - D Racing
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I run durablue but all my friends are running g-force on 3 450'r, one yfz, and a raptor 700. It has held up on all 5 bikes, so to me it is a good buy.

bwamos
11-14-2007, 05:50 AM
MX or XC?

XC, TT, SM a g-force would be just fine, IMHO.
MX you may want to get a Lonestar. Many run the G-force but the lonestar is said to be a bit stronger, and most love the warranty/custom service of lonestar. You will at some point bend or break an axle in MX. It's almost garaunteed, no matter who's axle it is.

redexrider4290
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
thanks i want to start like mx in the c-class, i mean i jump but it aint like i'm really air'in it out but i don't want to buy junk

the g-force sounds alright i just herd like the chrome chips and the axle nut comes loose , but then again my axle nut came loose on my durablue

thanks for the help i think i am gona go with the g-force when i save the money up