PDA

View Full Version : Honda H-trak radials!! Ohstu?

Fordtrax
11-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Im needin New front tires and am wanting to replace with Originals but ive noticed most of you guys Rss are sportin some crazy lookin tires!

What is wrong with the original Htrack radials made by ohstu? or something like that ?

mineralgrey01gt
11-12-2007, 08:18 PM
i run holeshot mx front tires on mine. They are really nice and hook up for the turns very well.

Fordtrax
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
yeah but do they outperform the radial H-tracks or are they just cheaper?
Because i know that 8 or 9 years ago the H-tracks were 75 80 bux a piece and i guess that would be a deteerent in buying them?
My bikes pretty original so thats why is rather spend the money and buy original but im wondering fron the guys whos race 250rs what they think?

These were also the originals on 400ex too!

Hondas rule IMO!!!tooo

mineralgrey01gt
11-12-2007, 08:39 PM
oh do i have no clue about which is better. I still see a few people run those tires so they must be pretty good, and I agree about keeping it original

Rich250RRacer
11-12-2007, 09:40 PM
The factory radials are a good tire for sand and average trail riding. They do have a thin soft sidewall which makes them prone to puncture if you ride in rough, rocky terrain. I did run them in XC racing for a year, and they do hook up good, but I just had too many flats to keep using them. I'm sure you can find them for less than $80 per tire, but I don't know how long you'll be able to get them. I think Honda pulled the plug on Ohtsu (they were a Honda owned company), most of the new '08 Honda quads are coming with Dunlops.

Fordtrax
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Well i think i better hurry up and start looking for a front set as well as rear!

Flynbryan19
11-13-2007, 08:06 AM
They are a good performing tire, but have basically no flat protection. There are several aftermarket tires out that not only have better flat protection, but also out handle the stockers. They're good tires, but theres certainly better out there and cheaper. ;)