PDA

View Full Version : This is Us

ShiftFMX
11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Check it out, Describes alot of the people in the industry :devil:

www.flatbillers.com

416exfreak
11-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Yea...alot of the posers at my school too...

I hate it when people wear Fox clothing, and they dont even know how to ride. It just makes my blood boil. I refuse to wear Fox, mostly because thier gear is so junky, but alos because they sold out.:o

BlaineKaiser450
11-13-2007, 04:27 PM
yea there are soooo many posers at my school with both Mx and skating. They get like a klx110 or something and think that they are all good and all that. My friend and i are the only people at my school that ride and arnt "posers". Because we dont try to tell the world about how "good we are". JMO

NPelletier
11-13-2007, 04:34 PM
GOTCH BROS:devil:

honda8&3
11-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
yea there are soooo many posers at my school with both Mx and skating. They get like a klx110 or something and think that they are all good and all that. My friend and i are the only people at my school that ride and arnt "posers". Because we dont try to tell the world about how "good we are". JMO

x2 Same here

416exfreak
11-13-2007, 04:45 PM
The skater fad is all but gone at my school now. Its on to mud bogging and chevy trucks:huh

Along with the scene chicks and emo kids...

I think the only normal kid at my school.:ermm:

Flyin-Low
11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Man.. Kids walk around my school not only wearing Fox clothes, but actual jerseys and such :ermm:

Whenever I see a kid in a moto-x jersey walking around the school, I ask them what they ride and I usually get "nothing right now, but next summer my parents said they'd get me a dirtbike.." and stuff like that.

I only wear fox clothes because I like the look of them ahah, but I wear quite a bit of D4, Thor, H-Bomb Films, ect.

-Martin

ZeroLogic
11-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I rock teh Fox polo shirts I got a thor polo shirt and some others. I wear Hollister and AE too. Gotta stay pimp.:chinese:

BlaineKaiser450
11-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Man.. Kids walk around my school not only wearing Fox clothes, but actual jerseys and such :ermm:
same here but its not as common as it used to be

trx400EXtreme
11-13-2007, 05:05 PM
yea i cant stand posers. there is so many kids in my school that wear fox. ill say that i wear fox, but at least i have a reason, i have some fox gear. but like said above, i also wear other stuff too.

SRH
11-13-2007, 05:18 PM
haha when you guys get older hopefully youll see that all this style and image stuff is meaningless all this being cool and stuff just plays off peoples insecurities, but clothing companies and stuff like it, they create the newest fads and people come running with there money, then when they milk as much cash out of you as they can with that one they come up with a new one

Ruby Soho
11-13-2007, 05:19 PM
my school is filled with skateboard and a little bit of mx posers.

i dont really care though, let them think they're cool. i wear what i do or am into, its only clothes.

NPelletier
11-13-2007, 05:24 PM
i cant believe how many people wear fox and dont know anything about the industry...fox and alpine have gone over the dark side, all you see now is those two logos on everyone, goths, preps, skaters, punks, them all, but i know who rides in my town and they dont....it makes me mad, i just bought a new ONE industries hat and was walking around shcool with it, and like 10 kids, some even wearing riding appearal asked what i was....im like what, theyre like, that thing on your hat, im like wow...:ermm:

I agree with everythingmentioned on here......SUP BROS

416exfreak
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Lol...I used to be into BMX pretty heavy, and I had an ANIMAL hat. Everyone asked me wtf it was, which company...im like "does it matter"?

I hate it when people think if they wear the clothes, then thats what they are.

BTW- My bike is for sale. Pm me for details if your interested

elementryder
11-13-2007, 06:23 PM
dude my school is so stupid theres a crap load of emo/goth,prep,wiggers,gehtto and then theres like 2or3 kids that race in my school but there alll preppy and im like the only one thats not and i wear all different kinds of racing shrts and stuff and people always whats that and imm like you wouldent understand becaus eunless you race or ride its not right to wear the stuff there for if someones asking they dont need to know lol

400ex_rider13
11-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low

Whenever I see a kid in a moto-x jersey walking around the school, I ask them what they ride and I usually get "nothing right now, but next summer my parents said they'd get me a dirtbike.." and stuff like that.

I only wear fox clothes because I like the look of them ahah, but I wear quite a bit of D4, Thor, H-Bomb Films, ect.

-Martin

Tell me about it. It must be an Ontario thing?!?!
I wear a bunch of Thor, AE, D4 and Under Armor. I try to stay away from Fox.

Creech52
11-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Alright kiddies sit around for story time...haha. Ok so my first day at the vo-tech I wore a fox shirt...I have been riding quads since I was 8 and had fox gear. So when I went school shopping and seen fox clothes I was like cool. Well that year I wore alot of fox shirts and hoodies. The next year I was kind of over the Fox fad, but low and behold everyone and their brother started wearing fox. Well kinda urked me but I continued to wear fox casual clothes even though I wasnt much of a fan of their riding gear. My senior year I started fading out the fox and now I truly despise it, even though my aunt always bought me fox clothes because she thought I was so into it. I finally told her I wasnt into it anymore because of how popular it got. I still rock my fox hoodies, hats, and shirts. Basically now I just wear what I want. Im out of high school and havent really gone clothes shopping in the longest. I just buy **** every once in awhile when its on clearence (motosport!!) but I no longer wear clothes trying to impress anyone, its so retarded. Now I have D4 clothes some Alloy MX stuff, and just old clothes Ive had for awhile. I spend most of my time at work or at home so I dont have much as far as "nice" clothes go.
On this flat biller stuff, seen it but never was into it, I could never wear a hat without a curved bill, it doesnt look right or fit right, but I guess some people chose form over function.
Ok /endrant>

416exfreak
11-13-2007, 07:03 PM
I love my new era hat....

Keep it backwards. Straight ballin:devil: (im not serious):p

TRUE
11-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Take a ride in your nearest major city....notice the Fox Racing emblem on the back windshields of most vehicles? Sup Bro

Creech52
11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
haha yes, Ive noticed a few giant sized fox head emblems on a few vehicles around here. A couple I know of are some girls that just "dig" the dirt bike riders and crotch rocket dudes, the others are mostly on s-10s and blazers. I have fox stickers on the mirrors of my cavalier (damn hunk....anyone looking to buy a car???seriously!)

ZeroLogic
11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I'll have to take a picture of my truck rear window and my passanger seat/floor. :chinese:

Creech52
11-13-2007, 07:42 PM
come on now Zero...dont you know Fox is so passay' (sp?) ha I kid I kid....

ZeroLogic
11-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Surprisingly out of all of the Fox shirts and gear I've brought, none of them had stickers.:ermm: We're talking about 400 bucks of products too.:chinese:

Mean250r
11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
AE, Hollister, and Abercrobie is where its at. Always gotta rock the fresh pair of dunks as well. Thass wassup

Creech52
11-13-2007, 08:02 PM
^^^^thats whats gay...sorry but I will never shop at AE or abercrombie, course thats just me. Give me a MX catalouge or something, no trendy gay clothes for me. I bet you go there to get your aviator sunglasses and shell hemp necklaces too eh? j/k!

suzukigirl
11-13-2007, 11:58 PM
it pisses me off when poeple where brands that they have no clue as to the meaning behind them...like some of the girls at my school wore fox shirts...and i was like nice shirt...do you ride....they looked at me with this blank expression...so i said...you're wearing a fox shirt...and they're like oh..i just like the way it looks..stupid posers...they didn't even know what the brand was...even though it says on the label :p

firefighterjosh
11-14-2007, 01:29 AM
I had somone ask me if Thor Racing was a Spiritual Belief:confused:

416exfreak
11-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I had somone ask me if Thor Racing was a Spiritual Belief:confused:

Thor was the Norse god of thunder....

http://www.mythicalrealm.com/legends/thor.html

firefighterjosh
11-14-2007, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Thor was the Norse god of thunder....

http://www.mythicalrealm.com/legends/thor.html

I know that lol, but when it says "Thor Racing" and has a quad kicking it sideways on my shirt, I don't think that is a god of the legends

11-14-2007, 01:37 PM
i can't stand posers. we have kids that where these cheap walmart dirtbike jerseys and think they are the sh*%. I just laugh.

416exfreak
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
My walmart must be ghetto...

It doesnt sell jerseys. :confused:

Anyways...it seems like everyone feels the need to wear clother so they can call thierself something.

As for me, i'll keep rocking the Zeppelin shirts and blue jeans;)

11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Creech52
^^^^thats whats gay...sorry but I will never shop at AE or abercrombie, course thats just me. Give me a MX catalouge or something, no trendy gay clothes for me. I bet you go there to get your aviator sunglasses and shell hemp necklaces too eh? j/k!

lol fox and mx clothes are 100% more trendy than ae and ****.

ShiftFMX
11-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I think i'll stick with my AE, Aeropostale, and hollister, cause their clothes are WAY more comfortable than Fox, IMO better looking, and more to choose from

ZeroLogic
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
I think i'll stick with my AE, Aeropostale, and hollister, cause their clothes are WAY more comfortable than Fox, IMO better looking, and more to choose from

Deffently, plus it makes me feel cleaner and less of a dirt bag.:p

hungus07trx400
11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't understand how someone could be legitimately *pissed off that someone is wearing clothes that represent something they know nothing about. I mean seriously, why would that bother you? Really, take a few seconds and think about it. Why does this make me angry? Do you feel like they're cheapening what you actually do? It's just clothes! That's it! With all the problems going on in this world, this seems like a rather silly one. If I let something as dumb as this make me actually ANGRY, I would be totally embarassed with myself.

CRich[814]
11-15-2007, 07:19 PM
i don't think i can get a fitted over my dome. my hair right now is longer than my dads was when he graduated in '77. either way, that website totally forgot about dickies shorts, dvs shoes, and spray painting your plastic black and putting a metal militia sticker on it.

ZeroLogic
11-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Dickies are the ****s.

beaker1214
11-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Yea...alot of the posers at my school too...

I hate it when people wear Fox clothing, and they dont even know how to ride. It just makes my blood boil. I refuse to wear Fox, mostly because thier gear is so junky, but alos because they sold out.:o

X2 I wont wear fox stuff mainly for that reason.

trx400EXtreme
11-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
Take a ride in your nearest major city....notice the Fox Racing emblem on the back windshields of most vehicles? Sup Bro lol yea thats no lie!!! thats why im gonna get shift.;) :p

3exrider23
11-15-2007, 08:06 PM
ill stick with a nice pair of levis. plain white tee shirt. and occasionally fox shirt or polo. theres liek 3 kids in my whole shcool who actually ride and im one of them. i dont care who knows i ride. its whatever to me. you dress how you want. i dress how i want. doesnt really bother me. just dont bother me about my style and ill keep all my comments to myself too.

Creech52
11-16-2007, 07:48 AM
It doesnt really make me angry that people that dont ride wear fox, its just the simple point that back when I wore fox it was because they wear a gear company that had clothes I could wear when Im not riding, and then everyone started wearing it and it became a clothing company that had some gear for riding. Kind of like if AE made riding pants and jerseys now....they would still be known for their clothing more then their gear, its kind of like Fox sold out. I remember their T shirt selection was like 3 different styles of fox heads and you could get like 4 basic colors. Now theres a whole catalog devoted to just casual clothes. Ohwell Im over the whole fox gear thing so I dont need to support them by wearing their casual clothes too. I didnt like the fact my dirtpaw gloves fell apart after like 3 months.

hungus07trx400
11-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I would "sell out" too, it's a company trying to make money, not some seattle based coffee house band trying to avoid overexposure to stay true to their roots. I own a garbage company, and I try to get as many customers as possible, print out t-shirts, have keychains, do touch-a-trucks for the kids, and so on and so forth. Most companies don't go into business to make a statement, they do it to make money any way that they can, vast exposure being high on the list.

ShiftFMX
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Who needs fox stickers on the back window when you can have SHIFT stickers on you hoood!

This is my truck...Three trucks ago...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/ShiftFMX/DSC04318.jpg

11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
hahaha my school is full of kids trying to act like they ride when only me and 1 other kid race and take it serious.
they piss me off, last year some redneck said his 1992 rm80 could beat my yfz450
this year some kid that wears fox and a-star shirts everyday told me his kfx450 has 200hp and his shock is held together with jb weld.
or the kid with a kx80 and a klx110 with monster energy graphics and thor/monster gear that he wears everyday telling me that he got his dirtbikes for free from his factory monster ride
or when i hear them talking about their blaster 250's haha
or their knockoff pitbikes that can pass cars going downhill
or the black kid whos banshee that tops out at 130mph on the interstate

and all these redneck with their chevy vs dodge vs ford battles when half of them drive saturns
and they all tell me i dont need my 22's or dvd player in my silverado because its a truck and should be used for mudding hahahaha

Wills 77

416exfreak
11-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by D6MX450R
hahaha my school is full of kids trying to act like they ride when only me and 1 other kid race and take it serious.
they piss me off, last year some redneck said his 1992 rm80 could beat my yfz450
this year some kid that wears fox and a-star shirts everyday told me his kfx450 has 200hp and his shock is held together with jb weld.
or the kid with a kx80 and a klx110 with monster energy graphics and thor/monster gear that he wears everyday telling me that he got his dirtbikes for free from his factory monster ride
or when i hear them talking about their blaster 250's haha
or their knockoff pitbikes that can pass cars going downhill
or the black kid whos banshee that tops out at 130mph on the interstate

and all these redneck with their chevy vs dodge vs ford battles when half of them drive saturns
and they all tell me i dont need my 22's or dvd player in my silverado because its a truck and should be used for mudding hahahaha

Wills 77

That Basically sums up my school.

Except my ride is sittin' on two-sixxes. (two of them):devil:

rollie
11-16-2007, 09:35 PM
When Fox changed there name from FOX Racing to FOX Riders Co, i stoped wearing it, because EVERYONE wears it now,allthough i do wear a Fox sweat**** everday but thats because i like how it fits, haha im usually dressed up in the D-4 or Akraix

KXRida
11-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by TRUE
Take a ride in your nearest major city....notice the Fox Racing emblem on the back windshields of most vehicles? Sup Bro

haha that drives me freaking insane! haha On my window, I have the ernesto fonseca mini plate and my old mini plate and a few misc stickers.

Yah I don't wear fox at all anymore. I remember the same thing happening with West coast choppers. Hell I ordered two shirts from them from their shop and no one knew who the hell they were. Low and behold, they got on tv and the next school year there were 50 WCC shirts floating around. I've been wearing a lot of no fear stuff mostly but I wear thor, some suzuki stuff, lots of alpinestars and pretty much anything bike related. I love it when people wear and alpinestars shirt and don't even have riding boots. What's nice is the place that used to sell mx type shirts at the mall closed, so no one knows where to get that stuff haha. I always ordered my stuff online anyway. As for the lifted trucks and all, that makes my skin crawl too. I do have a lifted ranger, but I hate the kids that go throw lifts on them and pavement pound the hell out of them.

FYI, if someone confronts you about being a poser in school for wearing mx stuff, offer to take them riding (if they have a quad/bike) and roost the hell out of them. 95% of the time the people that confront you suck at riding. There always is that one excpetion though haha. My buddy (well he's now my buddy) was saying **** about me so I was like, lets go ride. Well he ended up being a 250A rider haha. I got my *** handed to me.

440racer66
11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
sup bro

416exfreak
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
haha that drives me freaking insane! haha On my window, I have the ernesto fonseca mini plate and my old mini plate and a few misc stickers.

Yah I don't wear fox at all anymore. I remember the same thing happening with West coast choppers. Hell I ordered two shirts from them from their shop and no one knew who the hell they were. Low and behold, they got on tv and the next school year there were 50 WCC shirts floating around. I've been wearing a lot of no fear stuff mostly but I wear thor, some suzuki stuff, lots of alpinestars and pretty much anything bike related. I love it when people wear and alpinestars shirt and don't even have riding boots. What's nice is the place that used to sell mx type shirts at the mall closed, so no one knows where to get that stuff haha. I always ordered my stuff online anyway. As for the lifted trucks and all, that makes my skin crawl too. I do have a lifted ranger, but I hate the kids that go throw lifts on them and pavement pound the hell out of them.

FYI, if someone confronts you about being a poser in school for wearing mx stuff, offer to take them riding (if they have a quad/bike) and roost the hell out of them. 95% of the time the people that confront you suck at riding. There always is that one excpetion though haha. My buddy (well he's now my buddy) was saying **** about me so I was like, lets go ride. Well he ended up being a 250A rider haha. I got my *** handed to me.

ouch...at least you got a new friend out of the deal.

bigbadbubba
11-17-2007, 09:08 PM
i refuse to where fox anything now, that kids every where ware them.

some emo girl in my English class that ive known my whole life even has a shirt that says fox riders on it. with the fox symbol....

i usually just g it out with my thor or billabong stuff, and my token famous shirts here and there.

416exfreak
11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
I keep it real with the Jeans and assorted Band shirts.

And no ***** emo stuff for me. I prefer to wear somethign along the lines of Maiden, DIO, Led Zepp, or any good metal band.

And the addidas Running shoes, always rock the running shoes. I am a cross country runner afterall.:devil:

bigbadbubba
11-17-2007, 09:14 PM
DIO ! :devil:

416exfreak
11-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
DIO ! :devil:

Fo sho, Fo sho.:blah:

Cant forget Led Zepp though.

bigbadbubba
11-17-2007, 09:58 PM
i can... :D never really liked him

dio on the other hand.... rainbow in the dark.... and holy driver are freakin bad ***.

416exfreak
11-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbubba
i can... :D never really liked him

dio on the other hand.... rainbow in the dark.... and holy driver are freakin bad ***.

You deff. just lost 10 cool points.:eek2:

And you need to check out "stand up and shout" by DIO. Its better than the previous songs.