PDA

View Full Version : New Outlaw 90 MDX

tireman43
11-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Here is a pic of the new Outlaw 90 MDX. The quad was just bought on Friday. This was bought by a friend of mine and attached is a pic of his 8yr old son. This was the first time he had been on it on the track.

This quad comes equipped with fox shocks(adjustable), alum rims, maxxis tires and alum nerf bars. There may be a few other things that I'm forgetting but it does come from the factory like this. They plan to run in the stock CVT class and it looks like it will work out great. Enjoy the pics.

myersracing41
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Sweet picture.

jetta75
11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I sent my girlfriend to get our son a regular 07 outlaw 90 for his birthday next week, but she got an 08 MDX since that was the only outlaw they had. I think I may have seen one at the dealer before, but not sure. I still haven't seen ours yet. With work I cant pick up till this weekend. I couldn't find any info on what is included in the package or any pictures of it. They wanted $3100. She got it for less than the price of a reg 08 outlaw and the 08's have the 2 year warranty going on.

myersracing41
11-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Is the front end wider than stock or is it just a shock settup? It looks pretty wide in that picture.

gmen
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Jason,swing by the polaris dealer by the Citizens Bank on HWY 20 in Cumming.They are some nice folks there .They may have one on the floor.
BTW,where you been,?Have not seen you since you went to DT,Greg

tireman43
11-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes front is 2-3" wider and the rear is about 1 1/2" wider. This is from what we measured not what dealer claims.

jjd223
11-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Anybody know what makes it wider in the rear? is it the axle or the wheel offset?

myersracing41
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by gmen
Jason,swing by the polaris dealer by the Citizens Bank on HWY 20 in Cumming.They are some nice folks there .They may have one on the floor.
BTW,where you been,?Have not seen you since you went to DT,Greg

Just been buisy at work.
We actually decided last minute last Friday night to head back Saturday morning. That place is a blast. 2 weekends in a row and I'm ready to go back again.:D

jetta75
11-19-2007, 12:52 PM
It is 40 in front and 38.5 in rear. I think rear is same width as stock outlaw. This is a LE not a MDX or MX I've seen them called.
Shocks have 3-4 in of threads. They are 3/4 way down and very stiff w/me 165 sitting on it. Also looks like upper shock could be mounted out another inch. Look like shocks, front width, nerfs, wheels, and plastic/graphix are only differences. Seems down on power, but the only thing I have to compair is his sunL110 witch is alot lighter and has a width of 27.5. Haven't had them out together yet. He and I are going to do some drag racing probably tonight.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Bill055.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Bill056.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Bill054.jpg

dericsdad
12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Looks cool! But are they really fox shocks or just look alike clones? If it costs the same or less than the standard model, than it is a good deal for the aluminum rims and bolt on nerfs. Should be okey for a trail bike or first race bike to race stock class. But in stock trim will it run fast enough to keep up with the stock 2-strokes?

jetta75
12-12-2007, 11:39 AM
They are not the stock shocks. They have fox stickers under the tops of the springs. The stocks aren't threaded. Other than that they aren't adjustable. Retail is $400 more. It seems quick, but the weather hasen't been nice enough to go were any other 90's are. I know it is bigger than my sisters polaris 90 2 stroke, but haven't had the 2 together. Hopefully it will be warm enough here soon.

tireman43
12-12-2007, 05:08 PM
The spring rate is adjustable and they are supposed to be real fox shocks. We had to tweek with the ones on my friends bike to rider specs. Once that was done it ran great. It is about a bike length slower than the Pred 90 in a dead run but it is every bit as fast on the track. He was actually pulling on a modded Arctic Cat 90 the day the pic was taken. The suspension on these quads make more difference then engine mods when raced. The kid that rides the one in the pics also has a modded Pred 90 and has been riding the Outlaw more lately.

We have our first indoor races this weekend so I can report back as to how well it runs in a racing environment.

Kevin

tireman43
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Update....It ran great and he won both Saturday and Sunday. The only trouble was he was the oldest kid(8 yrs) there this weekend and his 4 yr old brother finished 2nd both days on a Pred 90 with the throttle stop only half way out. The Pred 90 and my sons DRR 50 were side by side with it out of the hole. The suspension is fantastic however and I think that is what will help it in the CVT class. The Pred. 90's stock, and others like it, land like a rock and this thing was landing like a feather. If it does not start great it will catch up on the jumps. Hope this helps a little.

If anyone is wondering my son(5 yrs) on the 50 finished 3rd both days.

znudar
12-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Tireman, The flying outlaw just turned 8, not 9.

tireman43
12-23-2007, 01:43 PM
My bad. :D I got that edited. I see you found your way around o.k.

znudar
12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Yep, thanks. Pat hasn't been on yet much, but I found it for him so I am sure you will be seeing him around.

it3iceman
12-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Do you know if they come stock with any restricters?

tireman43
12-26-2007, 09:18 AM
We have not found any. I was hoping someone else would know better. It seems like something is restricting it though.

it3iceman
12-26-2007, 12:53 PM
I agree, it does feel stuffed up. Im going to call the dealer and see what they say.

haynes1111
01-01-2008, 06:59 AM
There is suppose to be some type of limiter underneath the front end plastic. Its suppose to be a little white piece of plastic. "remove the screws and remove the piece of metal and put back together." Did not try it yet. Heard this info from 2 different sources at a ATV store where I purchased the Outlaw.

hillbilly426
01-03-2008, 11:34 PM
i bought one for my kid and it don't run when it around 30 degrees .I think the outlaw 90 cc is a pile of junk. dealer won't help or polairs won't help with this hard to start pile of junk.I should have bought my kid a honda

haynes1111
01-04-2008, 05:18 AM
I have 2 of them. Both started yesterday with the use of the choke. It was 14 degrees.

it3iceman
01-04-2008, 08:21 AM
My friends son has one and it ran really bad. It was slow and kept dying out. He took it back to the dealer to look at, and they found it had a defective throttle. They replaced it and it runs a lot better now.

hillbilly426
01-04-2008, 09:26 AM
my kids would not start today i called the dealer and they said they can't find nothing wrong with when they take it in there warm garge

tireman43
01-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by hillbilly426
my kids would not start today i called the dealer and they said they can't find nothing wrong with when they take it in there warm garge

Do you have any other dealers close? If so I would call them. Also let the dealer you bought it from know about what it3icemans problem was with the throttle. If the dealer is worth a crap they will go above and beyond to help you. They should want you to tell others to buy from them not how bad they were to deal with. If push comes to shove call Polaris themselves and complain, I know they don't want bad stuff about their product circulating on the web. Good luck.

Kevin

jetta75
01-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by haynes1111
There is suppose to be some type of limiter underneath the front end plastic. Its suppose to be a little white piece of plastic. "remove the screws and remove the piece of metal and put back together." Did not try it yet. Heard this info from 2 different sources at a ATV store where I purchased the Outlaw.

Pulled the front plastic off while installing some fat bars/powermadds. I did not see anything like that under there, but didn't look real hard since it was late. I'll take a couple pictures without the plastic.

tireman43
01-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by jetta75
Pulled the front plastic off while installing some fat bars/powermadds. I did not see anything like that under there, but didn't look real hard since it was late. I'll take a couple pictures without the plastic.

The pics would be very helpful. We are wondering about this also.

haynes1111
01-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by jetta75

Its there. I seen it yesterday. Did not try it because my kids don't have enough seat time yet. I'll try it next summer.

hillbilly426
01-04-2008, 09:28 PM
i did call polairs .they said they would contact the dealer and get this resolved .it's going back saturday .i told the dealer i want it fixed or a new one or my money back .

thanks Kevin.your a good guy

tireman43
01-04-2008, 10:06 PM
No problem, just hope you get it resolved. Keep us informed. I'm curious to hear the out come.

jetta75
01-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Here are the pics without the hood.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Picture163.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Picture164.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Picture166.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Picture165.jpg
One with the new bars/guards.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/Badams75/Picture171.jpg

haynes1111
01-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Check out the 2nd pics. There is the white box, approx 1 inch x 3 inch that is suppose to be the limiter I was talking about eariler....

tireman43
01-07-2008, 03:57 PM
The white box is a resistor. It is for your electrical system(lights, etc). Has nothing to do with rev limiting. The box that would have a rev limiter jumper on it would be the black box on the left side(pic #4) about the same size. It is your CDI box. Unfortunately there is not a jumper installed in that. If there were your machine would top out at 5-8 mph. Had 2 Predator that we had to do this to. I was hoping there was a wire or something that could be removed to help.:confused:

Nice pics jetta.

haynes1111
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks tireman.

jetta75
01-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Yes that is actually 2 ceramic emitter resistors. I thought that is what you were talking about. It seemed like the only thing it could have been. Tireman is right about the rest.

tireman43
01-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I wish there was something to help performance just a little. It could use it. They are great little quads though. I guess I'm just to used to the 2-strokes. If I find the magic button I'll let you guys know.
We have another race this weekend and it sounds like more minis will be there. Should be a good test.

schortzracing
01-30-2008, 05:37 PM
TIREMAN43 HAVE YOU FOUND THE MAGIC BUTTON YET?
MY SON IS FIVE, VERY AGGRESSIVE LIKES TO JUMP ECT.
BIG FAN OF THE BOMB SQUAD.
WE'RE LOOKING AT BUYING EITHER THE NEW 08 OUTLAW LT OR A DRX 2 90. KNOWING YOU HAVE BOTH, I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOUR OPINION WOULD BE.
1. WE WILL RACE 3 TO 4 TIMES A YEAR HOPEFULY MORE IF I CAN FIND SOME WHERE.
2. AS I SAID 5 YEARS OLD, 40LBS
3. WE RIDE EVERYDAY, SOMETIMES AT NIGHT RAIN OR SHINE SNOW SLEET COME WHAT MAY.
4. WE LOVE THE DUNES PREFERABLY ORG DUNES BUT SAND MOUNTAIN NV HELPS QUENCH OUR THIRST.
5. HAS OUT GROWN HIS PRED 50 IN RELATION TO HIS CAPABILITY.
6. HAS BEEN RIDDING SINCE HE WAS 3
ANY ADVICE YOU CAN SPARE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

jjd223
01-30-2008, 05:51 PM
This Helped a little...........

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee153/jjd223/?action=view&current=MVC-147F.jpg

tireman43
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
No magic button yet. The quad actually belongs to a very good friend of mine and I have the DRR. If you are running it all day every day then I would reccomend the Outlaw due to the 4-stroke. It will be very reliable. However if the dunes are what you love to do and plan on that more, then the DRR is the way to go as it is a 2-stroke and is more powerful stock to stock. They are both great quads and very reliable but the 4-strokes will most likely last longer with less maintenance. You may have to do a top end in the 2-stroke if you ride it as much as you say and in all conditions. I know Hetrick racing and Maximum RPM are working on upgrades for the Outlaw to give you more power. I can't tell you how much anything would cost but if you call either one they can give you an idea. I personally like the DRR due to the stock power and the great support they have. My daughter had to ride my sons 50 last race due to a broken frame(dads fault:( ) and ran extremely well in the 90 production class. She didn't win of course but kept up and never got lapped and thats on a 50. That is not to say the Outlaw is a poor machine. I would never have started this thread had I thought that. It comes with nice shocks and seems to be very nimble. Good luck on your decision.

Kevin

tireman43
02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Just want to give a final update: The young man who rides the quad in these posts took a first place overall at our indoor series. If he didn't bounce his head off the handle bar and bend his key on Saturday night, he would have swept the series with first place finishes in every moto. As it went he won every moto except the one and he fought back to a third in that particular race. It does look like it will keep up to anything aloud in the stock classes. It beat the Apex Pro Sharks, Predators, and misc others. Hope this helps with some questions there may be. I want to add though, THIS KID CAN RIDE, so with the right kids you can win with this quad.

Kevin