PDA

View Full Version : Hmf

Choppers
11-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Is there any big difference in these 2 pipes?

HMF Sport Series Full Exhaust
HMF Pro Ballance Full Exhaust

oleboy87
11-12-2007, 04:38 PM
i read somewhere that the sport is for low to mid range and the ironman and the balance is for mid to high range but get the ironman and balance confused.. might have to do some reserch on the hmf web site... but i would get the full system and not the slip on...

Choppers
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
o most deffinately am i getting a full system. slip-on in my opinion is a waste save your money and get the big boy.lol

zrpilot
11-12-2007, 06:11 PM
On the 400EX, there is virtually no difference. The Ballance series has the Torque Range Modifier (TRM) that is supposed to move the torque range either up or down. With out the TRM (which in my opinion does not change where the torque is delivered on the 400EX) they are identical exhausts.

Oh yeah if you plan on running the quiet core, you can NOT run the TRM!! So why pay extra for the Ballance? Your choice I guess.

PS: I have had the full Ballance system on my 400. I now have a Sparks X6 on my 400EX and I like the way it runs with the Sparks X6 better!

shadowwalker
11-13-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by zrpilot

PS: I have had the full Ballance system on my 400. I now have a Sparks X6 on my 400EX and I like the way it runs with the Sparks X6 better!
I just got your old HMF bolted up earlier tonight by the way. Its been sitting around and I finally had the time to do it. It sounds mean. I also noticed you must have used the quiet core much more. To my ear there isn't a real difference between the quiet core and without it.

Also, if you don't mind, what jetting did you use? I have been given two differing starting points by HMF:confused:

oleboy87
11-13-2007, 06:00 AM
yea there is a big difference with and with out the quiet core... i run a 170 main with K&N and open air box but i think it calls for a 165

zrpilot
11-13-2007, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
I just got your old HMF bolted up earlier tonight by the way. Its been sitting around and I finally had the time to do it. It sounds mean. I also noticed you must have used the quiet core much more. To my ear there isn't a real difference between the quiet core and without it.

Also, if you don't mind, what jetting did you use? I have been given two differing starting points by HMF:confused:

I'm glad it is working for you. I'd run a 165 main, 42 pilot and the needle on the 4th notch as a starting point.

I'd like to add I like the HMF exhaust. They build a nice system. On my 400EX, it just ran better with the Sparks.