PDA

View Full Version : Anybody driving a toyota tacoma

Benjithx
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
I am thinking of buying a New Tacoma Double cab shortbed, but it looks pretty tight for hauling a quad.

The inside bed width is 56" which gives me 3" of play.

Has anyone done this? How is it?

Thanks

cincy250R
11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
i have a 98 regular cab if that helps i know it's not a new one i can fit my +2 400ex in there and shut the tailgate and i think it's 56" wide also but with the double cab you may have too leave the tail gate down....

Old Head
11-12-2007, 04:26 PM
i have the double cab shortbed and my 400 just fits between the wells but i don't see a problem getting the fronts up and over the wells if your wider than stock. Its a great truck also.

Benjithx
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
No problems securing it with the gate down? How do you like the adjustable side tie-downs?

rundrave
11-13-2007, 06:13 AM
I just sold an 02 tacoma and my scrambler fit fine in the back and I could even put the tailgate up all the way to keep it there and didnt have to worry about tieing it down etc.

if you get the new tacoma's get a long bed I beleive its a 6.5' foot bed, the only problem is I dont think you can get the TRD package with the long bed. I am trying to find a long bed close to me and am having trouble and even working with dealers to get me one.

Also the tailagate on the new tacomas have been known to be pretty week so driving with the shortbed and letting the wheels sit on the tailgate while its down will probably be an issue but I know Toyota has a recall out for them

with that said the tacoma is a bullet proof truck and I have put mine to the test many times and it never let me down. they are great trucks and do everything I need them to including pulling my boat and quads.

Toadz400
11-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by rundrave
Also the tailagate on the new tacomas have been known to be pretty week so driving with the shortbed and letting the wheels sit on the tailgate while its down will probably be an issue but I know Toyota has a recall out for them

with that said the tacoma is a bullet proof truck and I have put mine to the test many times and it never let me down. they are great trucks and do everything I need them to including pulling my boat and quads.

I thought it was funny you say it's bullet proof right after you say there's a recall for a weak tailgate. Doesn't sound bulletproof to me.

I've always been interested in the Tacoma's. Never driven one so I have no idea how they compare in the power/mileage department with GM's 4.3 V6 or 3.5 I5. Drove a Colorado with the I5 and I loved it. Was such a smooth torquey engine and was a very comfortable ride.