PDA

View Full Version : steering shaft ?

double d 1
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
i hate to be posting so many questions but dont know where else to turn. the steering shaft has to much wobble towards the bottom of the frame that rubber piece is moving to much. there is 1/4 inch play at the bars from center to left or right. the allen bolt is tight on the steering shaft. anybody else have to much play and how do you fix it? if i cant do it i am taking it back to the dealer. i'm starting to get a little discouraged with this purchase.

gmen
11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
i showed you a pic of the set screw at the bottom of the steering stem,it is located in the first pics you posted(pics of new 125 )
Also there is an allen bolt in the bottom of the stem . Anything you buy you will have to maintain.
Everytime my son rides his bike,i check everything,thats how i have found these loose connections.At least you are not having to maintain a 2 stroke engine and keep the bolts tight.Greg

gmen
11-12-2007, 02:31 PM
link to your tread of the loose set screw
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321653

double d 1
11-12-2007, 03:38 PM
thanks gmen. thanks to you, i found out about the one on the front of the steering stem. i didnt know there was another one on the bottom.i'll check it out tonite and let you know. thanks

azextreme
11-12-2007, 04:49 PM
you might also check the handle bar claps there are two nuts at the bottom, it is a anti vib so the bar will move a little.

gmen
11-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I forgot about the bar clamps.And yes it will move some from the dampening in the stem.