PDA

View Full Version : nerf bars?

redexrider4290
11-12-2007, 11:36 AM
i want to start racing and i know i need to get nerf bars i have been looking around at llike pro-armor,ac racing , um and man are they expensive!

my boots get caught on my stock heel-guards so i want to do away with them but i'm afraid if i get a pair of nerfs without the heelguard(the ones i can afford) and take my heelguard off i risk my foot slipping between the foot-peg and the tire.

does anyone else race on nerfs without heelguards? has that ever happend to anyone?

thanks guys i really apreciate the advice

mx1791
11-12-2007, 12:26 PM
i used to have AC pro pegs with heel guards. but when the ACs fell apart i got some pro pegs with no heel guards and ive been fine since. you learn to ride differently when you know you have nothing there to protect you. your feet stay planted on the peg and dont lean into where a heel guard would be.

redexrider4290
11-13-2007, 09:50 AM
so it's not that bad not having heel-guards, your feet never slip between the peg and tire(OUCH). and is alright to race without a heel guard.

my brother had a set of DG alloy series on his 400ex without heelguards and it was never a problem on his bike but the nerfs kind of wraped around the back of the peg a little

redexrider4290
11-13-2007, 09:58 AM
any advice on which kind to get?

i would prefer black ones and i'm really on a budget

ATV Z88
11-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by redexrider4290
any advice on which kind to get?

i would prefer black ones and i'm really on a budget

i think the best one are rath and bling star

but not sure...

i am in the same position as you

also hell guard or not loll

mx1791
11-13-2007, 01:50 PM
you dont need them. me and alot of ppl i race with have no heel guards. one day when i get the money i wanna get some though, it just sucks couse the only ones that fit my nerfs w/o drilling are IMS gp series and there mad expensive :ermm:

ATV Z88
11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
you dont need them. me and alot of ppl i race with have no heel guards. one day when i get the money i wanna get some though, it just sucks couse the only ones that fit my nerfs w/o drilling are IMS gp series and there mad expensive :ermm:

i would be afraid that my feet slip...

no?