PDA

View Full Version : ITP C-series Rims OK for MX??

dustin_j
11-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I currently have ITP C-Series rims with Kenda Klaws (20") on front and Douglas Beadlocks with Razrs on back. Are the front rims ok for mx? I've heard they are a cast wheel and tend to crack instead of bend. Is this an issue on front? I still have my stock front rims that I could switch over, but the c-series (black) look pretty cool. Thanks for the input.

04TRX400EX
11-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Noooo, the C-Series wheels from ITP are in no way, shape, or form designed for MX racing. You'll crack/bend one of those real quick if you are doing any sort of jumping. They're only really intended for trail use and even better, duning.

NacsMXer
11-12-2007, 08:37 PM
What he said ^^^ They are a recreational wheel, not to mention too heavy for MX.

If it comes down to it, you're better off running stock wheels. Heck, i'm still running my original 2000 stock D.I.D. fronts riding MX and man can they take a beating.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid203/pbabbd5d133c2003c7b0b1c6ab4b04ef1/efad64f5.jpg

dustin_j
11-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Alright I'll use the stockers. Thanks for the advice; glad to hear the stock fronts are strong.

d3ktrix
11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j
Alright I'll use the stockers. Thanks for the advice; glad to hear the stock fronts are strong.

Yup stock rims are beasts.
C series are a joke.

IMO the strongest non beadlock wheels are Douglas ultimates, hypers, stock.

shadowwalker
11-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
Yup stock rims are beasts.
C series are a joke.

IMO the strongest non beadlock wheels are Douglas ultimates, hypers, stock.
How do the ITP Baja's rank? I have been looking into those.

d3ktrix
11-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by shadowwalker
How do the ITP Baja's rank? I have been looking into those.

They are decent, I have use a set with my rarz1's for when I go trail riding.
The lip is reinforced really good by that ring and takes a beating.
Though the center hub of the wheel doesn't seem to be all that strong, my left rear wheel got a bad wobble to it after the first few rides. And they took no big hits.
I wouldn't use them for MX because of this.

Plus a few people that I've seen use baja's for MX have problems with them coming off the bead a lot. More then other non-bead lock wheels.