PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot question

TC17
11-06-2002, 07:30 PM
well, my 250 doesn't have a clutch obviously and i'm wondering how to get a good holeshot. my idea is to lean way forward and put it in first and pull the whole way up and rev it then when i go, drop it into second. i tried it before and it stood up, i almost flipped it. i'm sure dirt isn't that catchy though. do i have the right idea? thanks.

racerx573
11-06-2002, 07:42 PM
Hold the brakes and rev it. Then release the brakes I guess.

toby400ex
11-07-2002, 06:47 PM
250exs do have a clutch, but its not on the handle bars. If you hold the shift lever up or down it engages the clutch. SOOOO if you want to get yours revs up hold the lever up in first or second, then let it go when ya wanna go.:D

TC17
11-07-2002, 06:56 PM
i new about the clutch thing. that's how i ride really long wheelies. i almost flipped it like that. you really have to lean forward when you do that!

airheadedduner
11-07-2002, 11:02 PM
If you drag the front brakes a little off the line it helps keep the front end on the ground. Just remeber to let off.:D

flyin#5
11-08-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by toby300ex
250exs do have a clutch, but its not on the handle bars. If you hold the shift lever up or down it engages the clutch. SOOOO if you want to get yours revs up hold the lever up in first or second, then let it go when ya wanna go.:D

but only do this if you want a new tranny after a while.:rolleyes:

MxDale71
11-08-2002, 11:05 AM
You WON'T get a good holeshot like that. To be honest, you'll have a hard time against most any quad in MX on that 250. But to get the best start, hold the front brakes, just barely be on the gas, and when the gate drops, let go of the brake lever and pin it. The way you were talkin about will almost always throw your front end up. You think dirt isn't as tacky? Just try it and I'll bet you money you'll be on the grab bar.

Bean
11-08-2002, 01:02 PM
what he said ^

for me, i put it in 2nd, to get traction, keep the clutch pulled in halfway, till i feel it start to engage, and soon as the gate drops, im already on the gas, and i jus let out the clutch, and it goes