PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning helmets?

Ruby Soho
11-12-2007, 09:12 AM
how do you guys clean your helmets? is it bad to get the inside padding wet? mine is FILTHY with baked mud on, and i dont wanna ruin the helmet..

heres a picture of it haha

300exOH
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
When they are muddy like that I just take out any padding that is removable and hit with the garden hose and put the padding in the clothes washer. The remaining padding will dry out in no time. It's an off road helmet so it's made to get wet now and then.

NPelletier
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
i get a wet rag, take off the viser, completely wash the viser off in the faucet, and wash the rest of the helmet with the rag:D

RideRed84
11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I hose mine down and wipe it down with a rag and a tiny amount of dish soap. Rinse it out real good and then I put it in my basement for a couple of days.

11-12-2007, 02:00 PM
i do what 300exOH said, but then i hand wash and wax the helmet also...i do this after at least every other ride, if not every ride...

Bradracer18
11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Just a small hint, and i'm sure you have figured this out by now.....but if you can, after riding....while its still possibly muddy, wipe it off then, its much easier.

Also, when wiping it off, try to get the dry dirt and wet/muddy as you can.....as to decrease the scratches that the dry dirt will make.