PDA

View Full Version : Getting a new ride in 08....

quadgod440ex
11-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Hey everyone , Just tryin to get a few peoples opinions on the bikes in 08 , Right now i have an 05 450r which is listed in my sig. Cannot say enough good things about it. I love it to death.
The thing is it is out dated and i need a newer bike to stay in contingency. I love honda and im all about them. Just seems like it might be time to switch over to something new in 08. I havnt had an electric start honda since my 400ex and it just seems like honda is going down hill with the electric start 450r. My local shop that sponsers me tells me they can get me an 08 kick start , But my question is will the motor still hold up on rough gncc races that i do. I race Pro Am class so i am deffinatly in it to compete and i do put a hurtin on the bike. But i maintence the hell out of it also. Im thinking about going with the KFX in 08. Just need some opinions . I am totally against a yfz or a ltr im just not a fan of either of them. Kawi has just been coming really far latly and i think they are an awsome quad and dirtbike. I really like the Can-Am to but i wanna give them a year or two so i can really see how they hold up.
Im either goin with the 08 450r or an 08 kfx , What do you guys think i should do for hard and long GNCC races. What will be my best bet. I need the bike to Start and Last . Im not worried about the stock handling and stuff like that cause it will all be getting changed.

yfzmx10
11-12-2007, 08:14 AM
can-am will hold up better than a kawi

Hammer trx450r
11-12-2007, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by yfzmx10
can-am will hold up better than a kawi

You know this before they even come out?

quadgod440ex
11-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r

Good question..... Anyone other input ?

ltothaj1
11-12-2007, 09:53 AM
i wouldnt go with kawi, i got a sponsorship offer from a local shop that wanted me to ride the new kawi and i was really considering it, but after i did a little research and rode a few i was turned agaisnt them..their is a history of frame breakage, which would be a big factor in GNCC...they are small also, im 5'10" and felt extremely cramped on the machine, IMO this is not a machine for GNCC...and plus you have to notice how many problems Yokley had out of it this year...thats just my opinion tho, u may ride the kawi, love it, and not have any problems out of it...

if it were me i would consider Yamaha, KTM or Honda...i was dead set against the YFZ when i got my honda, and so were my buddies, but now i'm the only one staying loyal to Honda but i'd say next year I'll be racing a Yamaha or KTM...

do what YOU think is gonna be best for you, but thats just my two cents..good luck in finding what you like

yfzmx10
11-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Hammer trx450r

this bike is not something that was just thrown together in a year. it has been in the works for a few years and i haven't seen can-am have any problems with their 4x4s. they seem to make one of the better products on the market. over the years i have rode different kawasakis and they cut corners on their atvs. i am not saying that the kawi is not going to be as fast as the others, but you may have to pay a little more attention to detail after your races. all of the 450s go about the same speed and it's all about what body style you like and what color you want. you asked about holding up, so i gave you my opinion. good luck with whatever you decide to buy.

go with the honda ;)