PDA

View Full Version : huevos 4 jumping

J25
11-06-2002, 07:24 PM
ok i need some tips... how do they make the front and drop and how do they kick the rear end around or tilit it in the air??

and aslo what kind of shox do they run when they jump that high

Ryan
11-06-2002, 07:28 PM
Well your asking a weird question. first alot of custom shocks are good, like axis, works triple rate. ect. And if you want to tilt the front end down hit the front brakes and to get it back either give it alittle gas in the air (just don't over rev it if u have a 4-stroke) or hit the back brakes. Don't tell anyone I told you this because when you end up with a broken necked after you nose dived off a big jump you learned it all my yourself!

racerx573
11-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Most of those guys use PEP or Axis shocks. Along with a long travel front end and aftermarket frame. (the 250R's) The EX's on the volcano parts have PEP's.

To make your nose drop, pull the clutch and tap your rear brakes. Not long though, or you may endo. And to "whip" it, use your legs with your body power to move it. Or if you wanna "tilt" it. Pull up on one side of the bars while pushing down on the other. It looks really cool if you hang of the side and kick your one leg out. But make sure your straighten her out before ya land. Wouldnt wanna break or bend an axle.

Here's me doin a small "tilt".

Ryan
11-06-2002, 07:34 PM
RacerX, yeah I wasn't sure with the brake thing. ill take it from you!
when I want to nose dive I just lean down I never use my brakes. wait what am I talking about I don't have any rear brakes.

TC17
11-06-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
Most of those guys use PEP or Axis shocks. Along with a long travel front end and aftermarket frame. (the 250R's) The EX's on the volcano parts have PEP's.

To make your nose drop, pull the clutch and tap your rear brakes. Not long though, or you may endo. And to "whip" it, use your legs with your body power to move it. Or if you wanna "tilt" it. Pull up on one side of the bars while pushing down on the other. It looks really cool if you hang of the side and kick your one leg out. But make sure your straighten her out before ya land. Wouldnt wanna break or bend an axle.

Here's me doin a small "tilt".

awesume! where's that track at, looks nice, i'll have to go there sometime.

racerx573
11-06-2002, 07:36 PM
That track is Rolling Thunder Raceway in Ramey, Pa (toward Indiana). You can use your body weight to move it as well.

TC17
11-06-2002, 07:39 PM
i've heard of it, it's about a mile from port matilda. we'll have to have a ride there in the spring! i'll go.;)

TC17
11-06-2002, 07:40 PM
the ambulance in the background is definitly my style! we'll be using that thing!:blah

CHAUNCY
11-06-2002, 07:45 PM
ive never been in an ambulence although i have been to the ER a couple times

AtvMxRider
11-06-2002, 07:56 PM
using the front brake gets the front end down as long as it's not pointed to high. if it is too high you are going to have to pull in the clutch(4 stroke) and tap the rear barke.

11-07-2002, 10:11 AM
If your real good you can use your body wieght to shift the quad in the air and hit your FRONT breaks which will cause your rearend to kick to the side even more...PRO"S ONLY