PDA

View Full Version : Any interests in a very Nice 1985 ATC250R??

danhung11
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Pic attached...

danhung11
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
:eek2:

GOTFEAR
11-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Nice.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

danhung11
11-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
Nice.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,

Buy it! :devil:

Aceman
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Is that another R I see? What are you up to Dan?

danhung11
11-11-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Is that another R I see? What are you up to Dan?

Need something to put this new motor in....:devil:

I will put up picks shortly. :D

danhung11
11-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Aceman,

Pics First!
http://www.imagestation.com/8707395/3882358648

As you can see, I have so many parts that I have attained and ready to build my motor. But I am so close to having another R. I was looking for a aftermarket frame, but I found a TRX/ATC Combo only deal and I think I am going to jump on it. The ATC is near mint minus the rear plastic. The TRX is nice and has some great parts on and off. I believe the cylinder is a Paul Turner National. The seller has the Rec pipe and the Race pipe - extra carb, brakes, etc. Plus, BOTH bikes run. I won't say a price until I have them done to where I want them. I plan to build a RIDICULOUS R and then sell everything else and build a XC 450R.... I was so close to buying a 2008 TRX450R Kicker this past Saturday. The place I was at had 10 of them. I told them that I would take one for $6500 in the crate and I would assemble. :D

In the pics, I have in my possession.

Brand New Case Halves TRX250R
Brand New Yukon Gears
Full Hinson Component Clutch Kit w/ Quick Change
Barnett Clutch
PWR (Not Shown)
Houser -2 Swinger (New - not shown)
Bars
CT Pro-X Cylinder with Pro-X Piston
V-Force 3 Reeds
ESR Billet Head and WaterNeck
More parts coming....

The box on the top left is a box of goods I bought yesterday. This parts store about 1 hour north of me bought out another store with old OEM Honda Parts. Well... I had a hay day yesterday as you can see and there is all sorts of TRX250R Parts and ATC 70 and ATC 250R Parts that I got for cost. I was the 3rd person to stumble on this gold mine. The 1st was a ATC 70 fan, next was Mini Trail 50's, and then me to clean house! :devil: I had a hefty bill, but I got all sorts of stuff for dirt cheap. I am thinking of going back. I spent 5 hours there going through their non-electronic enventory. The guy who had it had everything in those manilla envelopes in numerical order...:huh

I need the following:

1987 TRX250R OEM Crank - MUST BE BRAND NEW
Plus 2 Brake Lines
Plus 2 A-Arms - preferably Std. Travel
Front Shocks - preferable TRX450R Shocks
Axle - deal pending...
I haven't figured out a color scheme yet. I am thinking the 86 Blue and White - I think.... Thoughts???

If you have any of the parts that I need, I have goods that I can trade. Majority of my stuff is in great shape. I am sure there are R loyalists that can vouch for that.

Thanks for reading my ridiculously long post!
Dan :macho

Bottom Line, I will definitely have a busy winter.

:D

pdxbigfoot
11-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Yes you will be busy but thats half the fun. I find myself up till 4 in the morning out in the shop. Your motor is going to be sick as hell!!! Good luck...J

atvmxr
11-12-2007, 07:31 AM
so whatcha want for the ATC??

danhung11
11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by atvmxr
so whatcha want for the ATC??

I have a # in mind but make me an offer. It is a gem and I want what I gave for it plus some of the $ that is associated with going to pick it up since it is about 100 miles away.

Let me know.
Dan

chris46250r
11-12-2007, 12:06 PM
What year/years motor does it have on it? I see a round slide=85, gray covers=86, black cylinder=85, cant really tell on the center cases.

danhung11
11-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by chris46250r
What year/years motor does it have on it? I see a round slide=85, gray covers=86, black cylinder=85, cant really tell on the center cases.

I believe the cases are 1985. I will know for sure tomorrow when I pick them up.

I also have a very nice 85 ATC 250R Cylinder that likes the original bore. Lot of meat left on OEM sleeve.

I also have OEM 250R Piston and Ring. BRAND NEW

Let me know if it interests you.

Thanks,
Dan

Fordtrax
11-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Is this trike still available? I have a buddy thats been lookin for one just curious?

You mention that other than the rear plastic the bike is mint.
what is wrong with the rears? They look pretty mint to me.

Other than its missing the headlight the bike looks pretty sweet.

danhung11
11-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Fordtrax
Is this trike still available? I have a buddy thats been lookin for one just curious?

The headlight is on there... it works perfect. The rear plastics are cracked pretty bad but I got a great OEM plasic on eBay for it....:devil:

This bike is sweet. It doesn't need much, I would do a complete overhaul and make it 100% original if I were to put some money in it.

Let me know if you are interested and I can email some pics to you that show more details.

Trust me, it is clean.
Dan

Fordtrax
11-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey Dan load me up with pics !!! please!

Cracks!!? are we talkin about the same bike in the pics?

Boyblue67@aol.com thanx .....Marc

danhung11
11-23-2007, 05:33 AM

I will get you pics today. Hopefully, that plastic will be here in about a week. :devil:

Thanks,
Dan

danhung11
11-23-2007, 01:24 PM

Here are the updated pics for those that are interested...

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_0235.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_0234.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_0236.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_0238.jpg

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/000_0237.jpg

The headlight works perfect as you can see from the pics.

I put in a new plug, drained the old weed-eater gas mixture and put in some 91 and Benol. It fired right up first kick.

Has a new clutch and wants to idle and take off like a 4 stroke. It also has a brand new FMF PowerCore Silencer and the guy I got it from painted the pipe in high temp aluminum paint. I was asking $2500 or best offer. I have newer rear plastic coming for it as well and a great OEM Cylinder, Piston, and Ring Set. ALL OEM BRAND NEW. This thing is pristine. I have always rode quads and do not want to start on 3-wheels now.

It rips for sure and needs an owner to ride it like how it should be ran.

Thanks,
Dan

danhung11
11-23-2007, 01:31 PM

Sent you email!

Dan

SWIGIN
11-23-2007, 01:34 PM
whats up with the safty stickers on the fenders?

must be aftermarket fenders since they didnt come with those stickers back then

danhung11
11-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by SWIGIN
whats up with the safty stickers on the fenders?

must be aftermarket fenders since they didnt come with those stickers back then

Those fenders are OEM, but don't think the stickers were OEM. I think they were required at one time because I think this thing was insured... see other stickers.

Neverless... newer plastics are coming so no worries. :devil:

Dan

Fordtrax
11-23-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey Dan, Thanx for the pics !!
I see what you mean that thing looks really clean!!!
I wished i could afford it id have two nearly mint Honda R's sittin my garage! a 3 and a 4 wheeler the best of both worlds!

I will save the pics and show my buddy and other buddies and see if someone wants to take a drive and pony up the cash.
X-mas is a month away tho and all my buddies have kids sooo dont hold your breathe !!!lol

danhung11
11-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey Dan, Thanx for the pics !!
I see what you mean that thing looks really clean!!!
I wished i could afford it id have two nearly mint Honda R's sittin my garage! a 3 and a 4 wheeler the best of both worlds!

I will save the pics and show my buddy and other buddies and see if someone wants to take a drive and pony up the cash.
X-mas is a month away tho and all my buddies have kids sooo dont hold your breathe !!!lol

Grown ups NEED toys too! :devil:

In my garage right now:

87 TRX250R - almost done - just need to assemble motor
88TRX250R - getting ready for makeover, but runs
78 ATC70 - getting ready for makeover waiting for BB Kit.
85 ATC250R - this needs to go! - RUNS GREAT!
08 TRX450R - Christmas Present? :devil:

As you can see... I am pretty busy and need to unload this. Any serious inquiries make me an offer. MONEY TALKS!!!

FordTrax....if you want, when I get new plastics and I will probably get a new bar pad for it. I will send some more pics. I will probably get some new decals for it too. If I do not sell it soon, I may part it. We will see.

Dan