PDA

View Full Version : Speed

monster300
11-06-2002, 06:14 PM
I have a speed problem with my 300ex and it just seems like it has more power to give but its slow, almost slower than a 250ex(a smidge faster). Is there anything I can do to get MORE speed out of the little monster? New Tranny(if possible)?:square

loganB
11-06-2002, 06:19 PM
You could pipe it gear it jet it bore it.:) Put a cr500 street bike engen in it.:D :macho

racerx573
11-06-2002, 06:31 PM
IMS 330 Kit, or send it to ol' TC!! For a stroker, lol.

Tryin droppin a tooth up front. I think...

josh
11-06-2002, 07:30 PM
noooo.....less teeth up front =more accel less top end

if ya want more top end, just go buy a front sprocket that is one or two teeth larger, that'll do the trick, unless of course u wanted to accelerate faster

danney f
11-06-2002, 09:54 PM
#1 start with a 14tooth front sprocket, it's cheap and makes a big differance in top end. A 15 is really to big I've been told you have to remove the chain gard, not good.

#2 get a pipe, preferably a full system and rejet the carb .

#3 get a KnN air filter and remove the air box lid or put vents in it. You will have to rejet for this also. If you can afford to get both the pipe and KnN at the same time it would save you the hassle of haveing to rejet again

#4 get a high compression piston 10-1 ratio or go with a big bore kit 305cc/315cc/330cc

#5 put a cam in it

#6 port-n-polish the head with enlarged valves at least intake valves they are way to small, even for stock

#7 buy a larger carb-400ex/aftermarket

just some ideas

josh
11-10-2002, 11:07 PM
hey dany, the guy might not me made of money, lol, jk, but in your #3 choice why wouldn't you just put on all the modds then worry about jetting, cuz each mod is gonna change it and require diff jetting

danney f
11-11-2002, 08:28 AM
Yes it would save a lot of time if you do #2+#3 at the same time, but I now some people that have to put cash back just to have gas money in order to ride. Their not poor or anything, just have a lot of bills, so thats why I listed them seperate but added it would be easier to add the mods at the same time. He may also not want the hasle of cleaning the KnN often. It was pretty much a list of some ideas that would add more ump to the quad, since his seems to be as slow as the 250ex.:confused: