PDA

View Full Version : MHSC Series 08

yfzvs450r
11-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Just received a phone call and was told that the ATV's was voted out of the Missouri series for 2008. What the hell is up with that? Are we just going to stand by and let them treat us this way?

geogeorge
11-11-2007, 12:13 PM
What is ever worse is I'm a officer with the MHSC and they did not even let me know they were having a meeting. Whats up with that.

Well there is always Iowa and Ark. They seem to like us still.

yfz450xc
11-11-2007, 01:08 PM
And what this is a big surprise. Come on you saw it coming Geoff and even as a officer no one saw you all year did they.
Well I think it will still work out for the better with the new series coming up ran by individuals and not by a bunch of promoters who care less about ATV's.
Go where the show is , OXC, Iowa, GNCC.
Scott :eek2:

ronnie
11-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
And what this is a big surprise. Come on you saw it coming Geoff and even as a officer no one saw you all year did they.
Well I think it will still work out for the better with the new series coming up ran by individuals and not by a bunch of promoters who care less about ATV's.
Scott :eek2: i just got back from the 12 hr and tom told us they got what they wanted .

ronnie
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
i herd that if the land owner can have a atv . but it will be just a race . maybe we can race for free .but we have ben doing that for ever anyway:D

IOWAracer
11-11-2007, 07:14 PM
I am all for starting a series we own alot of land in Northern mo and i know of alot of people that would let us race at there location but would you southern boys come a little farther north? any one else intersted we can get somthing started!

Broc Bromley

geogeorge
11-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
Scott :eek2:

Scott I hope Erica don't stop to fast I would woont your head to get stuck.:eek2:

m.h.s.c.#527
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
i went to two mhsc races this year they both were gay

MO-EX-RIDER
11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
is this a late april fools joke? if not then thats some bull s***! even tho i just sold my quad and bought a yz, i will not support the series next year :cool:

geogeorge
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
is this a late april fools joke? if not then thats some bull s***! even tho i just sold my quad and bought a yz, i will not support the series next year :cool:

Nope its not a joke.

MO-EX-RIDER
11-11-2007, 08:03 PM
so the link name here needs to be changed from "missouri harescramble" to "ozark cross country racing series" NOW:D

this thread should be interesting this week! and what about the banquet? are quads still invited :devil:

tprender
11-11-2007, 08:59 PM
I was not at the meeting to day, because I was at the 12 hr race in Texas. Got a call today about 12:30 saying that the atv's were voted out by a vote of 9 to 5. This was there way to quiet the atv riders complains. I think that the startup of the OX series kind of pushed there hand. I am for all of the atv riders going out and supporting the OX series with all of our effort this coming year. One of the reason that was told to me was that the rider tunout was low, an some of them could not make any money for the effort that they put out. Now this is the best one. Then they turned around an increased the entry fee by $5 for the MC riders that will be showing up next year.
A promoter can still have an atv on Sat if they want. The problem is getting insurance for Sat, Insurance cost about $600+ and then you add on the other costs for the day. Then how many atv riders will show if it is not for any points?
The atv riders are still invited to the banquet in Jan to get the awards for this year.
I was told that Erica was blind sided by this and was very pissed about the vote. She then asked if there were any promters that might do atv's on Sat, only 3 raised there hand.
This is all of the info that I was given on the phone today while driving back.

Johnny & Monica
11-11-2007, 09:05 PM
The bikes wont bring in the money the quads been helping with . I hope there sponsors start dropping them n there insurance its the moon . WTF is wrong with these bike guys ? We all crap outta our butts Are they that different an crap outta thier arm pits ?

400exmom
11-12-2007, 06:56 AM
wow...what a bummer ...the numbers for quad racers in this series was really outstanding i always thought:confused:

atvscorekeeper
11-12-2007, 07:44 AM
As you all know, I've never replied to anything on here. However, it is now my turn to speak out. I was completely blind sided by what happened yesterday. I knew the subject was going to come up, however, I was told that it would never happen by the same people who voted for it. I want everyone to know that I don't plan to take this bull**** lying down! I have worked for 8 years for this sport and will do everything I can to continue to give each and every one of you a place to ride and compete as quickly as possible. I have a few things I am already working on.

I want everyone to know that I'm just as pissed as each of you.

Johnny & Monica
11-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Thanks Erica. It's more than just being pissed it's like a complete let down. The MHSC tracks are some of the best in the country as far as I'm concerned and it just breaks my heart to see it end like this. The OX is going to be a great series but so many of us were still looking forward to this series also.

smr
11-12-2007, 08:49 AM
WOW..my son and I drive all the way over from Ky just to race this series. I love the tracks and it's a great place for my son practice for GNCC racing.

I was looking forward to running with you guys next year.

I have always thought it was odd that you guys have the problems with the bike guys that you do. In the midsouths we have been haveing about 200 quads and over 300 bikes (we also run the same day) and we don't have near the problems you guys do.

Erica..I really hope you can work something out.

sspalco
11-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Keep coming to Missouri to ride with all of us. Hit the new OXC series that starts in January. Their races will be held on some of the same tracks and the OXC races will range from Northern to Southern Missouri. They will use some of the same tracks that the MHSC used so you and your son willl already be familiar with them. Don't quit coming to MO races just because the MHSC let us down. We have a bigger and better series starting up that is ran by quad guys, so they will take care of the quad concerns. Hope to see ya at the races. They start on the first Saturday in January and run on the first Saturday of the month through June.

nicker71
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
What the hell!!!

this is my second year racing the MHSC series. What a dissapointment. I was really looking forward to next year. I guess Im going to have to try to make most of the winter OXC series. Hope someone starts up a new quad only summer series. Otherwise I will be off to Iowa?? or worse start racing motocross!!!
please dont let that happen

I might be going to the banquet in protest!!!

:(

smr2
11-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I come from Wichita Kansas for Missouri racing and have been in this series for 4 years now. I love the tracks we have/had even thought the drives kill me. This is a sad state of affairs now doubt.

I really hope we can get this other series to the level we had. If we can, we will actually be better off.

You have to look real hard to find a quad guy that won't do anything he can to help you out. We have a great bunch of guys. I don't think the biker guys are quite as nice.

I never knew we had a problem until Lebanon that one year.

screw'em

ronnie
11-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by atvscorekeeper
As you all know, I've never replied to anything on here. However, it is now my turn to speak out. I was completely blind sided by what happened yesterday. I knew the subject was going to come up, however, I was told that it would never happen by the same people who voted for it. I want everyone to know that I don't plan to take this bull**** lying down! I have worked for 8 years for this sport and will do everything I can to continue to give each and every one of you a place to ride and compete as quickly as possible. I have a few things I am already working on.

I want everyone to know that I'm just as pissed as each of you. thanks for the work you have done. maybe its time to move on . they never like us and never will . how can the guys get are trophys becouse i don't think anyone is going to the banquet.

atvscorekeeper
11-12-2007, 11:56 AM
My plan is to not go to the banquet as well. I have absolutely no need to.

sspalco
11-12-2007, 01:01 PM
No banquet for us either...It would be a waste of time just like in the years past!

ronnie
11-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by atvscorekeeper
My plan is to not go to the banquet as well. I have absolutely no need to. how much of the money that we pay at the race goes to the banquet .they need to give it back to the riders are give it to someone and have are own party. but you know they want us to help pay for there party, does brian get to kept the traveling trophy its only fare he has ben race the mhsc the longest .

Johnny & Monica
11-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I agree about skipping out on the banquet. We were worried about what we were going to do since the Iowa banquet was the same day but now the decision is made. My kids are both really upset. I just gave Chancers the news and now he's crying his eyes out. He so wanted to jump on a bigger quad and race. That makes me even madder that they've broke my boys spirit!

yfz450xc
11-12-2007, 03:31 PM
The Missourri side of ATV's has so much experience in thier ranks that it isnt funny, were talking years of knowledge from past presidents of the MHSC to current promoters and racers.
The new OXC series can become what we have all longed for for so many years, it will take " Working together" not against each other or picking sides or being popular; not pointing fingers just stating what I have always seen.
The OXC is off to the right way of doing things with a low core group of knowledgeable people who actually care. If everyone just volunteers a couple hours of thier time to help them out you will see a seires that no one can touch because pride will develop inside them and they will fight for what they believe in.
Alot of nonsence to some and may sound like a promotional gig but I see it in our club of MX'ers all the time and it is true.
Get involved and back the OXC ask them what you can do for them help them out.
We have 160 members at our club and 10 people do all the work and they get tired then things go bad ????
I will support the OXC series because it is the right thing to do.
Scott B Johnson

Oh , and Erica, Thanks for giving your views at the meeting.

tprender
11-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Johnny & Monica
The bikes wont bring in the money the quads been helping with . I hope there sponsors start dropping them n there insurance its the moon . WTF is wrong with these bike guys ? We all crap outta our butts Are they that different an crap outta thier arm pits ?

There **** does not smell, just ours smells. They think that by getting rid of the atv's, this will fix all of the problems that are wrong with the series.

Johnny & Monica
11-12-2007, 07:43 PM
They just lost about 100 of the best people that they'll ever meet or have the pleasure of knowing.:D I talked to Harlen today and we'll get the section changed over to the OX come the first of the year when the series gets underway.

yfz450xc
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Tom , Johnny , I am with ya it is a matter of fact of showing how tight net ATV'S really are.
Call me with what ya need
Scott :D

Rdogg450
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Just when i was getting ready to come out of retirement i hear this! BS

millphoto
11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey Rdogg don't be sad! Be happy! The Ox will cheer you up.
www.oxcracing.com that's the ozarks cross country racing for those that don't know. A "quad only" series run by "quad only" guys!
It should be fun.

oldracer
11-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by royh
It's a good thing I'm not going to their banquet cause I would probably punch a little sawed off ****** right in the nose .

Makes it easier to stay dedicated to the Iowa series.

Roy You just like racing against me.:devil:
now step it up a notch in 08 will ya!!! LOL

burrows
11-17-2007, 09:48 PM
We all knew this was coming the last couple of years. Now we just have to hold our heads up high and support the Ox series just like we have supported the Mo series and the way we do the Iowa series. Thanks Erica for all you have done in the previous years. You have tried the best you can to keep the series together and now it is time to move on. I just don't know if I can handle this cold weather. lol. :blah: Going to have to do some modifing to the ole trailer. See ya in Feb. Burrrr...mommab