View Full Version : Veterans Days

Ghost-Rider
11-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Now, Therefore, I, Dwight D. Eisenhower, President of the United States of America , do hereby call upon all of our citizens to observe Thursday, November 11, 1954 , as Veterans Day. On that day let us solemnly remember the sacrifices of all those who fought so valiantly, on the seas, in the air, and on foreign shores, to preserve our heritage of freedom, and let us reconsecrate ourselves to the task of promoting an enduring peace so that their efforts shall not have been in vain.
------------------------------------------------------

I come from a family in which most everyone was in the Military. I figure some people on here are probably veterans as well.

11-11-2007, 08:18 AM
i got school on veterans day it f-ing sux

wizzade
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Polak1035

maybe you should thank your veterans for being able to go to schoool.

11-11-2007, 09:18 AM
i would thank them if i had no school

Quad18star
11-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I wear my poppy with pride on Remembrance Day since both my grandfathers fought in the 2nd World War.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Flanders Fields
By: Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae, MD (1872-1918)
Canadian Army

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also saw a great bumper sticker today that said ...

" If you don't stand behind our troops , then you can go stand in front of them"

Pappy
11-11-2007, 02:07 PM

That's the most disrespectful thing I think Ive seen posted on this site.

To all veterans, thank you does not even come close to expressing our gratitude. Please do not hold the words of our youth as a statement for the rest of us that know what you have given for our freedoms so that we may remain free and live out our lives in peace. And if that peace is ever threatened, we know that from our ranks, once again our patriot sons and daughters will rise up to face any foe and meet any challenge.

Let them not think less of your sacrifices or hold you in contempt for your unyielding devotion to god and country for which you serve. As an American, we owe you veterans our very lives and the lives of our children, fore the steps you took and continue to take allow them to grow in a country where they know not the tyranny of foreign lands. They feed on the fruits of your hard work and blood so they may not know hunger and sleep under the blanket of security that was gently laid over them at the dying hands of those that could not come home and at the great expense of every veteran that has ever served.

On Memorial Day we honor those brave souls that will never lay their eye's on their children and family again, but rest assured that you may look down upon those that on Veterans Day, will hold their heads high in remembrance of you and look forward with the rest of us to the future for which all our soldiers have paved so that our great country can continue to be the leader in freedom and democracy.

Let no soldier bow his head in shame as they are willing to go where others fear and do the tasks set before them with honor and dignity. You, my brother, are revered from now until eternity as a Veteran.

11-11-2007, 02:10 PM

pshhhhh, you don't even have veterans. Your not even from this country lol.

wizzade
11-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

X2

quadwanter
11-11-2007, 03:36 PM

x3 thats all im gonna say about that, other things might get me in trouble
:mad:

Originally posted by Quad18star

" If you don't stand behind our troops , then you can go stand in front of them"

so true

Quad18star
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM

I agree.

I was going to say something about his comment earlier today , but couldn't find the right word . I think the most appropriate is IGNORANT.

11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
if its such a important holiday why are schools in session and on martin luther king day all districs have off?

BuB400
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
I've always had a TON of respect for our veterans. But did anyone see the Ken Burns documentery on PBS about WWII? It was simply amazing what these men and women went though in this war and of course all the others. My hat is off to these people and words cannot express my thankfullness. And to address some of the statments on here, why don't you quit worrying about if you have school or not, and if you need something to do instead of sitting in front of the tv, go thank these people for your freedom.

11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
I've always had a TON of respect for our veterans. But did anyone see the Ken Burns documentery on PBS about WWII? It was simply amazing what these men and women went though in this war and of course all the others. My hat is off to these people and words cannot express my thankfullness. And to address some of the statments on here, why don't you quit worrying about if you have school or not, and if you need something to do instead of sitting in front of the tv, go thank these people for your freedom.

i cant go thank them im gonna be sitting in school

quadwanter
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
if its such a important holiday why are schools in session and on martin luther king day all districs have off?

so you measure the importance of a holiday by the amount of schools days you miss? you my friend are ignorant.

have a nice day

gncc025
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM

you really have no clue. veterans are why this country is still standing. they are why you can go to school. they are why you have freedom. its endless man. if they had not defended our country..... well i dont even want to think what it would be like today. you need to have a talk with your history teacher.

my88r
11-11-2007, 04:50 PM

:mad: you will learn.atleast when i was in school i know why we had it off.school isnt that bad. hopefuly when your in school that day THEY WILL TEACH YOU the importance of veterans day.

To all veterans, thank you does not even come close to expressing our gratitude

ZeroLogic
11-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks. Because of you guys I had a wonderful peaceful Sunday.:macho

Pappy
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM

With your ignorance, maybe school is where you belong. Please walk up to a soldier and repeat what you have posted here, and post pics when your jaw heals. You are a total disgrace as your comment shows your lack of respect so playing the"i'll be in school" card has no merit.

Besides, TODAY is Veterans day you moron.

quadwanter
11-11-2007, 05:33 PM

Besides, TODAY is Veterans day you moron.

yeah...thats exactly what i said to myself :huh

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 05:59 PM

Ignorance.:grr:

You need to thank Veterans because without thier courage, honor and service to this great country, your punk *** might be living in a communist society and not even know what school is.

I salute all Veterans, God bless you all. :macho:

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 06:05 PM
You know...if I were a terrorist, id just commit suicide...

Have you seen the Marines lately?...they're pretty badass...:blah:

God bless all Veterans and may every troop in iraq, afghanistan and the middle east come home safely.:macho

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey polak, since you dont think Vets are anything to celebrate or be thankful for, try putting yourself in this guys shoes.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/2020-20martial20arts.jpg

And this one is just kinda funny...
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/440kid/USMC-Lebanon82-39.jpg

troyleepred719
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE IN THE ARMED FORCES....I PRAY FOR YOU DAILY, AND THANKS FOR GIVING UP WHAT MOST CHOSE NOT TO.....

I think we should play a game, called BAN THE DISRESPECTFUL YOUTHS

Honda400exrox
11-11-2007, 08:01 PM

you sound like a disrespectful little punk

if you dont wanna show the veterans respect or give up ur freedom that they fought and died for

hskers82
11-12-2007, 04:12 PM

I am a veteran and comments like this really piss me off.If you had any intelligence at all you would have thought before you typed that statement.This remark makes me think you are going to be one of those *******s that protest at a fallen military members funeral or go protest with that wacko woman that lost her son in Iraq.I hope you get a dose of reality one day and realize the sacrifices that veterans have paid so you could get an education and live freely.To the rest of the vets that are on here I want to say "Thank You" for putting your lives on the line so we can enjoy this fine country we live in.

Eviltanker
11-13-2007, 07:39 AM

Hey balloon knot, I will gladly trade places with you. You go to Afghanistan for me and I will sit in school and act like a little disrespectful twit.Do you even understand the sacrifice that being a soldier means and why this day means something to us that have gone to war and never fully came home emotionally? Try living like this for 7 days: open the windows to your room and let someone throw chuncks of metal through the window periodically turn the power off to your house and only power a light and a fridge with a generator that backfires constantly just out side your window. stay awake for 2 days then get 4 hours of sleep and be woken up by artillery coming in on your AO. only eat food that is cold and probably made by someone that does'nt wash their hands after they go to the bathroom and uses that left hand thats holding your food to wipe their @ss. crap in a can and drag it outside put deisel fuel on it and burn it since you no longer are privaleged enough to have running water. All I ask is you try living like this for 7 days and this isn't half of it BOY. I lived in a beutiful city of Ar-Ramadi Iraq for a year on a camp called Corregidor, Google it along with Animal company 3/103. And see if I'm lying. What you said means my bro's that died, died for no reason. Think about this you could have been this kid and had monday off.

416exfreak
11-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
Hey balloon knot, I will gladly trade places with you. You go to Afghanistan for me and I will sit in school and act like a little disrespectful twit.Do you even understand the sacrifice that being a soldier means and why this day means something to us that have gone to war and never fully came home emotionally? Try living like this for 7 days: open the windows to your room and let someone throw chuncks of metal through the window periodically turn the power off to your house and only power a light and a fridge with a generator that backfires constantly just out side your window. stay awake for 2 days then get 4 hours of sleep and be woken up by artillery coming in on your AO. only eat food that is cold and probably made by someone that does'nt wash their hands after they go to the bathroom and uses that left hand thats holding your food to wipe their @ss. crap in a can and drag it outside put deisel fuel on it and burn it since you no longer are privaleged enough to have running water. All I ask is you try living like this for 7 days and this isn't half of it BOY. I lived in a beutiful city of Ar-Ramadi Iraq for a year on a camp called Corregidor, Google it along with Animal company 3/103. And see if I'm lying. What you said means my bro's that died, died for no reason. Think about this you could have been this kid and had monday off.

Well Said Eviltanker.:)

tim colston
11-13-2007, 02:08 PM

I would first off like to thank all the service men and women of the world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Secondly is there anyway we can ban this puke forever, for disgracing this board and our military? I personally would like to never see his name come up again on this board.

Mods I think this needs immediate attention. I have several friends over there, as many of us do, right now and I am furious that I share a website full of great people and this window licker has the balls to say something like this on our website. Hey Polak1035 I will gladly adjust your attitude for you anytime anywhere. Take it as a threat

my88r
11-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
I would first off like to thank all the service men and women of the world. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Secondly is there anyway we can ban this puke forever, for disgracing this board and our military? I personally would like to never see his name come up again on this board.

Mods I think this needs immediate attention. I have several friends over there, as many of us do, right now and I am furious that I share a website full of great people and this window licker has the balls to say something like this on our website. Hey Polak1035 I will gladly adjust your attitude for you anytime anywhere. Take it as a threat

^^^^ well said.

Eviltanker
11-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I would like to apoligize for my explosion earlier. I just get a little tired of hearing and reading dumb things from people.
Next year I ask that no matter what, people take at least a minute to think about what soldiers had to go through for you to have the freedoms you have( like the freedom to be a knucklehead.)If it wasn't for vets the US would not be what it is today, THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH! You should all remember that people that don't even know you are willing to give their lives so you don't have to. Why? because we truly love this country and it's citizens.

Sorry again, I guess I'm just very passionate about this subject.

gncc025
11-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I would like to apoligize for my explosion earlier. I just get a little tired of hearing and reading dumb things from people.

trust me man, you didnt have to apologize for ANYTHING you said. you stated facts.

Veterans day or not id still like to say THANK YOU to the veterans and ones in service now for keeping us safe.

my88r
11-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Next year I ask that no matter what, people take at least a minute to think about what soldiers had to go through for you to have the freedoms you have( like the freedom to be a knucklehead.)If it wasn't for vets the US would not be what it is today, THE GREATEST COUNTRY ON EARTH! You should all remember that people that don't even know you are willing to give their lives so you don't have to. Why? because we truly love this country and it's citizens.

you dont half to apoligize.

tim colston
11-14-2007, 06:25 AM

This is a very POWERFUL picture. Thanks for sharing.

Evil I never want to hear you apologize for that again. You spoke from the heart and that is cool by me, and apparently others. WEll said man.

TRXMaddness
11-14-2007, 03:44 PM

It's kids like you, who disrespect the men and women who serve in the military to defend your freedom to go to school. I took what you said very personnally for I am one who defends your freedom.

I have proudly served my country for the last 15 years and will continue too, so punks like you can go to school in a land that is free. I have been on several deployments on Veteran's Day and will be for many more years why you are off in college or at home picking your nose.

Don't every say this in front of a Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman or a Coastie, because I don't know what will happen to you.

One last thing, God bless those who are on deployment and god speed for your safe return.

my88r
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by TRXMaddness
It's kids like you, who disrespect the men and women who serve in the military to defend your freedom to go to school. I took what you said very personnally for I am one who defends your freedom.

I have proudly served my country for the last 15 years and will continue too, so punks like you can go to school in a land that is free. I have been on several deployments on Veteran's Day and will be for many more years why you are off in college or at home picking your nose.

Don't every say this in front of a Soldier, Marine, Sailor, Airman or a Coastie, because I don't know what will happen to you.

One last thing, God bless those who are on deployment and god speed for your safe return.

thank you for serving our country. it means alot to me trxmaddness.:macho

Pappy
03-25-2008, 01:01 AM
now I remeber why this polack kid was under my skin, because he is a disrespectful moron!