PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what Kelsey is gonna think

QuadJunkies
11-10-2007, 09:44 PM
While Kelseys off at the WORCS Banquet in Cali this wk end(BRAT!), we decided to teach her Brother how to ride a shifter,so why not teahc him on hers??!! . :D :blah:
LOL I bet shes not going to like that too well! His quad is completly torn down tp ship off this week getting PC'd so if he wants to ride with us tomorrow, this is what he will be riding.
If he balls it up, I pitty him when she gets home! lol

Ive been Jonesin to ride for a week now so Im excited to ride at the local litterbox tomorrow.
If the weather is decent tomrrow, Ill shoot a few pics and let ya know how it went,but I think Brandon is going to break into a Shifter pretty easily .

416exfreak
11-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Hopefully he'll take well to it, and big sis wont mind to much:)

And hopefully lil' man can stay safe and have fun;)

Let us know how it goes QJ

QuadJunkies
11-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Hopefully he'll take well to it, and big sis wont mind to much:)

And hopefully lil' man can stay safe and have fun;)

Let us know how it goes QJ
Ill make sure hes easy on it and only the basics on shifting tomorrow. Her quad will be next to tear down .
I think the only thing he might have some issues with is hes shorter in the legs than her(ALOT:p ) so he wont be as well suited as she is on it.
A Hetricks built Hybrid and Chassis would fit his size well I think.

pro-rider46
11-10-2007, 10:10 PM
hey quad junkies, this maybe a lil off topic but, i think you have a blaster with a cr85 engine in it? am i right? well it was in dirtwheels this last issue again

QuadJunkies
11-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
hey quad junkies, this maybe a lil off topic but, i think you have a blaster with a cr85 engine in it? am i right? well it was in dirtwheels this last issue again
Yup, I saw that-Thanks! :)

Ghost-Rider
11-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Lol, tell her he was learning to ride it, crashed and bent the bars. Make sure the cameras ready lol.

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Lol, tell her he was learning to ride it, crashed and bent the bars. Make sure the cameras ready lol.

Nah, just tell her it got stolen...and be sure the camera is there:devil:

Blasters are relatively small, I think if he;s only trying to get the basics, he should be fine.

Hetrick Motorsports builds some sick mini's. My dad almost got me one for my birthday a couple years ago, but we decided that a bigger quad would be better to grow into, so I have my 440...which will be replaced by a 450 within the next 6 months.:blah:

jesseweaver
11-11-2007, 11:08 AM
well, hes gotta learn sometime. now that i got my 400ex, my little brothers riding our recon. that has an automatic clutch, so its a little easier though. I tought him how to ride my EX the other day though , and he only stalled it once, i was really surprised. oh yea, he just turned 8.

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 02:30 PM
First fully manual quad I rode was my dads old Banshee, when I was 7.

He told me to just ease into the gas and when it jerked to let out of it....YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

It was fun to ride to. Had a full walsh/axis settup, I miss that thing now...:(

BlaineKaiser450
11-11-2007, 05:08 PM
haha i cant wait till my little sister is ready to try my 450r

trx400EXtreme
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Nah, just tell her it got stolen...and be sure the camera is there:devil:

Blasters are relatively small, I think if he;s only trying to get the basics, he should be fine.

Hetrick Motorsports builds some sick mini's. My dad almost got me one for my birthday a couple years ago, but we decided that a bigger quad would be better to grow into, so I have my 440...which will be replaced by a 450 within the next 6 months.:blah: have you decided what kind your getting yet?

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Ok... we let him do a little more than just shift:p lol
He got it all the way into 6th gear and rode awesome! I knew he would catch on quick, but he done better than I thought!
Only issue he had was on the uphill letting out of the clutch.
Only complaint he said was the seat was slick(Kelsey says that oo) so Ill have to get a seat cover in the future.
I called Kelsey and rubbed it in... she was shocked I think too!!:eek2: :o
We met some new freinds this wk end and had a great time riding.

Here is Dad give him the run down on how to clutch and shift.
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/88806444.jpg

Heres shortly after that :blah:
http://www.pbase.com/image/88806450/large.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
I give him another year on a CVT and he will be moving up.
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/88806453.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 06:29 PM
His hands are a little small, but he fit pretty well on it!
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/88806446.jpg

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I told him not to get too used to it .:p lol
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/88806452.jpg

Mean250r
11-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh man, i bet you he had a blast!
Hes probably beggin for one, am i right? aha

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
Oh man, i bet you he had a blast!
Hes probably beggin for one, am i right? aha
He wastn beggin, but he was bummed when he had to pack up and go home.:p

Ill be a very happy parent when the day comes they both move up to full sized quads.
I think.:huh

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by trx400EXtreme
have you decided what kind your getting yet?

Im leaning towards Kawi. We'll see though, I change my mind all the time...:p

416exfreak
11-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Only complaint he said was the seat was slick(Kelsey says that oo) so Ill have to get a seat cover in the future.

Watch out for the grippers from CEET. I had one and it ripped pretty quick. Quad tech's covers are the sexx though.

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Watch out for the grippers from CEET. I had one and it ripped pretty quick. Quad tech's covers are the sexx though.
Ill probably get another Jettrim cover. We have had 3 of them now and have been very pleased.