PDA

View Full Version : Kawaski or Polaris 50

Robbie B.
11-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Can't make mind up on the kfx 50 or outlaw 50 anybody no any differences on power or speed, I like the rear disc on kaw but I heard it was slower and how about aftermarket parts any ideas :confused:

Nichols Atvs
11-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Neither one have a lot of aftermarket parts wha t are you going to do with the quad back yard play or a little racing If its hopping it up alittle go with a DRR out of the box a DRR 50 is 41 inches wide compared to your 34 for the other two 4.5 inches of shock travel compared to the maybe 2 on the other quads , racing clutch and performence exhaust the others do not have this . Last when it comes time you slip on a new top end and whala your a 70 and you didnt have to buy a new quad. dual a arms and disk brake s all the way around on the DRR CHeck them out.

Robbie B.
11-10-2007, 08:46 PM
no racing right now he is only 4 just want to get him riding maybe faster later on ,I like the drr but not as many safety features maybe later

Nichols Atvs
11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Safty features you mean, The Drr has a kill tether , 41 inches WIDE, Thottle screw, will only go 5 MPH untill you take clip out of cdi , A suspension that works . What do the other two have that i do not know about . Im not saying that you need this one, just that there is less aftermarket stuff and it cost more for these two quads. Things that are standard on the DRRs that you will change to make the others better.

ecmini1
11-10-2007, 09:14 PM
DRR by far is the best option and one you child can grow into as he gets older. The other two you will have to sell when hes ready and will be hard to do so. The Drr can be upgraded to a 70cc lather in life or as needed. Plus like Nichols already stated the other top points of the DRR.

MXfun
11-12-2007, 07:40 PM
My son raced a Polaris 50 for 10 races at four years old. He did very well and it was the right size for him. We now have a DRR 50 for when he is 5, 6, 7. I would recommend the Polaris 50 for a four year old to learn on, it is less intimidating for them and it is easier on the neighbors ears. However, they are correct on the DRR being what you may eventually end up wanting if you get serious into racing.

It helps if there is a sibling to justify two 50 four wheelers. My non-racing 7 year old daughter now rides the Polaris and my son rides the DRR.

bulldogfallon
11-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Hey Robbie...

The guys are right on the money with their DRX50 Recomendation.

Not only because of the quad, but the people behind the product.

DRR cares about their riders and always does the right thing when it comes to customer service.

I think you will find some interesting comparisons when looking the Polaris and the DRX50 side by side

1-Polaris is a 4 stroke and the DRX50 is a 2 stroke( a lot more performance than the Polaris, but is can be governed by CDI box limited and mechanical throttle limiter)
2- Polaris is air cooled and the DRX50 is available with liquid cooling
3-Polaris has 3" of shock travel DRX50 about 4.5"(shocks that actually work...not just for show)
4-Polaris has drum brakes...DRX50 has disc brakes
5-Polaris 31.5" wide and DRX50 is 41" (much greater stability)
6- Both have electric start w/ back up kicker
7- Both have safety tether
8- Polaris has a nice foot board riser for smaller rider, but this can also be achieved on the DRR with a short trip to the hardware store
9- Polaris is $1,999 and DRX50 is $2,199 MSRP
10- DRR has 24hr customer service available (my cell phone :) )
11- There are a ton of aftermarket goodies for the DRR
12- The DRR can be upgraded to a 70cc machine for about $200 when he is ready in a few years.

I think that all of these points should really make the DRR an easy choice, but it really comes down to what you want....

mxdad
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
My son got a Suzuki LT50 for his 4th birthday and was wanting more within 6 months. He is also a very small kid. He is 10 now and is still only 58lbs. His little cousin also started on a Polaris 50 and outgrew it within a few months as well. They both moved on to DRR's and are very happy. Do yourself a favor and take the advice of someone that has been down this exact road. Get the DRX now and save the loss of money you will find when you try to resell the Kaw/Pol 50 in a few months.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!!

jetski_dawg
11-14-2007, 05:53 PM
same story here... bought a polaris 50 for my son and less than a year i sold it for half of what i bought it for and bought a drr.. its a great beginners quad and was great on the trail..but.. he races and it wasnt very powerful even after putting on a hotseat pipe kit (but was a big improvement)..hope this helps

hotquads1
11-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi Robbie,
we have the DRR's in stock here at the shop , just give me a call and come down and see one for your self . My 3 year old son is riding the DRR 50cc , we added blocks to the floorboards and he does real well on it . Dont waste your time money on any other 50cc they will be bored with it quick and you will find yourself purchasing another soon after . the DRR will fit his needs and can be upgraded for years of enjoyment.
marc
334-705-0084