PDA

View Full Version : gearing

nestor1018
11-10-2007, 05:41 PM
ok so i wonna regear my z400 i was told if i regear it it would keep up with a raptor easily dose anyone have good gears????

z400
elka front
axis rear
long travel swing
yoshi exhaust

YFZ450Ridr
11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
well sure you can keep up with a raptor on top end, but by the time you get to full speed the raptor will be long gone. just start simple and bump up the counter shaft sproket a tooth or two. this will give you more top end speed, but you will loose torque and acceleration.

indyZrider
11-11-2007, 07:58 PM
GIVE IT UP! your never going to keep up with a raptor. not with those mods anyway. you should be able to stay with one until you shift into 4th then the yamadog is going, going, gooooooone! youre gonna need a big bore kit, cams, bigger carb and a whole lot more to compete with one than gearing. just thought someone should be honest with you. youre gonna get all kinds of people telling you that they beat a raptor 660 or 700 with a pipe and k&n and the rest of the bike being stock but they are FULL OF IT!!!!! and if they are keeping up with one then the rider on the raptor is still learning how to ride.....