PDA

View Full Version : Installing My Rekluse

national425ex
11-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Im getting ready to install my rekluse z start pro clutch and basket. Im looking for some tips that will make everything go easier. After reading the directions I noticed it never says anything about draining the oil. I would assume I will have to drain all the oil before I get started. I have changed clutches in my 400ex but I didnt know if a 450r will be any different. Also what oil do you recommend using after installation? I usually use some sort of klotz in all my bikes. Any help would be great!!!! also would I use the big steel balls or the smaller ones? The motor is fairly stock, 450r with hrc cam and 12.5-1 high comp piston. When installing the basket it says to peen the bolts down with a punch and hammer? What exactly does this mean?

bloodmoney23
11-10-2007, 01:44 PM
stick with honda oil man. the HG 5w-30 is what i use. Dont use the standard GN4.

Sjorge450R
11-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
stick with honda oil man. the HG 5w-30 is what i use. Dont use the standard GN4.

DONT USE HONDA OIL.

The rekluses need the Rottela 15-40 or else it wont work right. Trust me. I tried using other oil and i had problems with my rekluse but once i switched to the rottella it fixed everything. I acually still use the rottel even thought i dont use a rekluse any longer. You can get the oil at walmart or autozone.

stumpleg
11-13-2007, 07:29 AM
I actually use Delo oil. Haven't had any problems yet.

tfuchs
11-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
I actually use Delo oil. Haven't had any problems yet.

GO CHEVRON DELO!!! LMAO