View Full Version : Dodge SRT4 recommendation

FHKracingZ
11-09-2007, 09:32 PM
hey guys, i finally got a newer car, signed for it out of my trust fund for my social security since a parent status.. oo well anyways, its an 04 Dodge SRT4 , i was always raised a chevy man and 8 cylinder power but i tell ya, since i drive 80 miles a day my truck was just costing me way to much, around $20 a day is not good. So a quick little car that knocks down high 20's in mpg is awsome. ill get some pics for ya 2marrow after work! For mods its got a

Mopar Blow off valve
Mopar Cold air intake
Injen Stage II turbo PCM
and a turbo wastegate..

The previous owner showed me a slip of him going 13.0 at 109 at the strip. needless to say the car is nuts once the turbo spools up, anyways im just happy! woot
:D :D :D

Ghost-Rider
11-09-2007, 09:42 PM
This thread is useless without pics :D

11-09-2007, 10:14 PM
congrats enjoy ur new car

mineralgrey01gt
11-10-2007, 03:02 AM
plan on modding it much? My friend has one and he is getting rid of his because it sucks down so much gas, only gets about 16mpg on the highway, but his has more mods than yours

ny300exrider
11-10-2007, 07:59 AM
nothing like the sound of a modded srt coming down the road...sounds like a thunderstorm.

good luck with it and lets see some pics!

im thinking about doing the same thing....my v8 truck is starting to become a reall pita as a commuter

450r51
11-10-2007, 08:04 AM
get rid of your blow off valve before you start breaking ****. go the right way and get a good diverter valve.

a BOV is terrible for your car.

XXXRACER165
11-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
hey guys, i finally got a newer car, signed for it out of my trust fund for my social security since a parent status.. oo well anyways, its an 04 Dodge SRT4 , i was always raised a chevy man and 8 cylinder power but i tell ya, since i drive 80 miles a day my truck was just costing me way to much, around $20 a day is not good. So a quick little car that knocks down high 20's in mpg is awsome. ill get some pics for ya 2marrow after work! For mods its got a

Mopar Blow off valve
Mopar Cold air intake
Injen Stage II turbo PCM
and a turbo wastegate..

The previous owner showed me a slip of him going 13.0 at 109 at the strip. needless to say the car is nuts once the turbo spools up, anyways im just happy! woot
:D :D :D

Congrats on the car! Just remember not to spend money before you get it. I'm suprised with those modds you get as good of mpg's as you say, thats sweet!

whiteflash
11-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by 450r51
get rid of your blow off valve before you start breaking ****. go the right way and get a good diverter valve.

a BOV is terrible for your car.

Diverter valves and BOV are basically the same thing, they both have the same purpose. The only way a bov is going to hurt your car is if it's vented unproperly. Also, Mopar makes an upgraded bov for the SRT-4 so i have a hard time believing it going to be bad for it :confused:

NJ450rider
11-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Wheres the pics? Ive had my srt-4 for 2 1/2 years now and its a great car. Looking to sell it now though or trade it for a ram pickup. i cant haul anything with it lol.