PDA

View Full Version : Trx450 - Kfx450 comparison

norton
11-09-2007, 09:26 PM
Im new to the quading world and I found that riding a quad and jumping back on a bike is just not practical, you lose the edge and i need a new quad and im jumping between the kfx450 and trx450. Price is a deffinate factor but i would like to hear your guys input on the two quads in comparison

hondarules
11-11-2007, 08:21 PM
well i ride a 05 honda 450 an i love it but if i also love the kfx a friend of mine has one with a hmf..power commander and a bigger air box an it will fly..stock there still pretty stout they dont have much of a top end but its got more bottom than anything on the market stock i think..the only thing i dont like is the seat is real narrow an hard an they hold up good to after bout 6 months of lots of hell raisin he aint had a problem besides the recall on the gas tank but they are pretty pricey

450R_lover
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
And the vibration felt through the bars is horrible. Other than that and the hard seat, its not too bad i guess.

norton
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
has there been any drags between the stock 450's?

mx1791
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
well personally the kfx is alot more comfortable. rider position is better then a 450r, and reverse is nice too. id go for the kfx

crash n burn
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
my friend has one and im not gonna lie i was impressed by it they haul pretty good. We draged a couple times were both pretty close as far as riding skills go if not hes the better rider but i still beat him with an 05 450R

xsr_racing28c
11-12-2007, 01:56 PM
450r= Proven Winner
KFX= still too new to figure in all issues...

blakefoote
11-12-2007, 02:16 PM
im not much on Kawi's but i worked at a honda, kawi, suzuki, can am, yamaha dealer and i think the Kawi def had the most motor outta honda, kawi, yamaha and suzuki...i didnt get a chance to ride the can am

bloodmoney23
11-12-2007, 04:28 PM
The only thing I know is that ive heard of more KFX's with major problems than the TRX. I would go honda just cause the maint. on the kfx is a little less than a 2 stroke. This isnt my opinion but its what Ive heard. I have no experience with the KFX so i cant vouch for what i have heard.....but I own a trx and would prefer it over any.

norton
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM
So does anyone race harescrambles or the gncc? Im going to be getting into it and is building the engine over really that big of a deal when its already built for woods?

bloodmoney23
11-13-2007, 09:21 AM
not really man. just have dealership throw in the hrc kit and buy a decent aftermarket CDI that should be more than enough for ya till you start moving up to higher classes. Ive came in 3rd place before in a MX race with mine bone stock just the spark arrestor removed. And im sure hundreds of guys have came in 1st bone stock it just all depends on the rider. But anyway, good luck with your choice. I think you would do fine with the trx but it is your choice.

hondarules
11-14-2007, 09:17 PM
if i was goin out tomorrow an wanted the fastest between the 2 stock i could go with the kfx no question an they respond really good to pipe..air box an commander my friend that has the mods listed can almost hang with me an i have cam..piston pipe air box..an for the mechanical problems he hasnt had one problem besides the gas tank an thought he had electrical problems but u have to cycle the key off twice to kill everything

Foxrage
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I have a Honda and my friend has a kawi. Im a honda fan from as long as i have been into atvs. I think the biggest thing is do you ride trails or do you ride in the woods. I think all and all a stock honda 450 is the one to beet on the trail. His kawi and also my friends yamaha liked to beet me to death so bad i gave up the little extra snap of power up. If i was to ride a lot of motorcross and no trails i would go with the kawi. Just my opinion good luck.

hondarules
11-15-2007, 08:43 PM
thats is true the suspension is a little more stiff but all in all its ur decision we could tell u all day to get the honda an u get the kawi..vice versa..an love it an hate the other all depends on wat u use it for an ur riding style all my friends love the yfz an dont like the honda i hate the yfz an love the honda

CSR400EX
11-18-2007, 07:59 PM
i have talked to a guy who owns a kawi and he says he likes it on the track, but he admitted the honda is better for trails. as far as speed, my 05 with an HRC kit stayed right next to him in a drag race.