PDA

View Full Version : Tie Rods and ends problem!

newbs-R-us
11-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I recently bought a 1993 Honda 300ex. The guy I bought it from already had the tie rods off with the intention of replacing them. he never got around to it and he forgot how many turns the ends were on the rods. Does anyone know how many turns the ends are on the rods or what is the measurment of the front end so that I can adjust my new rods and ends?

Any help would be appreciated.

rooster300ex
11-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Use a tape measure and make sure the front of the tires is the same as the rear of the front tires.

JOEX
11-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by rooster300ex
Use a tape measure and make sure the front of the tires is the same as the rear of the front tires.
Is there no toe-in on the 300ex?

Aceman
11-10-2007, 09:26 AM
There should always be an 1/8-1/4" of toe-in on ANY quad.

Get your bars perfectly straight, now measure at the rear of each front tire at the same height to a spot on the frame(inside of tire to outside of frame rail usually). You want this measurement to be the same, the measurement can be anything, this is just to make sure both tires are pointed the same direction while the bars are straight. Now measure between the tires at the rear and front of the tires at the same height off the ground. Adjust the tie rods on each side an equal number of turns until you have the correct toe in. Tighten jam nuts. Done.:)