PDA

View Full Version : Best Brakes?

Alberta EX
11-01-2001, 02:15 PM
I need a new set of rear brakes for my 2002 400EX, our Honda dealer wants $75 canadian, is there a good after market brand out there? or shud I stay with the Honda brand. I think I had the park break set up too much.....its history now, after this!!!!

11-01-2001, 02:33 PM
I'd say the company braking would be a good choice,,,and yeah take that stupid parking brake off and you'll be just fine..I took mine off right after I bought the bike and I still have the original pads and they got all kinds of wear left on em..

Tommy 17
11-01-2001, 02:49 PM
i wore out my set of stock break pads in 2 months and as soon as i did i took off my parking break and put on breaking brake pads and its been over 1 1/2 years and they haven't worn down at all. they seems to stop better then the stock ones too wit steel brake lines. my friend has stock ones wit the brake lines and they don't lock up as much they seem to fade.

Alberta EX
11-01-2001, 09:25 PM
Now that I have the new brake pads are there any tricks to installing them? Do I just unbolt the rear caliper and pop on the new pads? Could someone put something in the TECH section for everyone to read so this is as painless as possible.