PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about powder coating

400rcr13
11-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I wanna tear my 450r down this winter and powder coat the frame. But Im kinda nervous when i put it back togethere it wont ride the same..Any one know how hard it is to tear it to the frame and put it back togethere??

E.Sawin#6
11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I have an '04 and it is pretty easy to take apart and put back together. I have had mine all the way to the frame with the exception of the motor. Make sure to label everything with tape and a sharpie. Also make it easy on yourself and by a complete bolt set for the bike, there about $100.

yfzrider45
11-10-2007, 08:26 AM
I highly suggest you to get it proffesionally done! i have a yfz wich i dont know if its harder to take apart, but i had to change seals for the waterpump and it was kinda tough!

Big - D Racing
11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
it's simple, the hardest part will be the swingarm pivot bolt if you never removed that before, it tends to freeze in there and has to be hit out. When you put it back together use good waterproof lube and thread locker to make sure nuts don't fall off. ALso label all the bolts. I take them off put them immediately in a zip loc bag and write on the bag exactly where it went. It's hard taking your motor apart and putting it back together than your quad frame. motor comes out easily once you remove the 3 or so motor mounts.