PDA

View Full Version : 2005 year model and up no pilot mixture screw?

SG1
11-09-2007, 02:36 PM
When I was jetting my carb on my 06 400ex I didn't see a pilot mixture screw?
Is there one on the 05 and up year model 400ex's?:confused:

underpowered
11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
there sure is. instead of bein a slotted screw, it has a D shaped head, and takes a special tool to turn. it usually comes in jets kits if you have one.

SG1
11-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks, I just figures that you would just leave it alone and change slow jets. So do you have any clue where you could find a Special D shaped screwdriver. I don't have one and don't have a jet kit. I jet my bike with just jets that I buy never bought a kit. Thanks again I don't think I would have figured that one out.

underpowered
11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
i know some people still use a very small flat screwdriver to turn it. it works to get it out, just be careful. take it out, and cut a slit it in to make use of the screwdriver easier.

hornetgod13
11-10-2007, 08:16 PM
You can purchase the "D" shaped fuel screw tool from DynoJet. You'll have to call them directly. Search the interent for thier number. The tool part number is in the link below.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=286852&highlight=fuel+screw

Originally posted by SG1
Thanks, I just figures that you would just leave it alone and change slow jets. So do you have any clue where you could find a Special D shaped screwdriver. I don't have one and don't have a jet kit. I jet my bike with just jets that I buy never bought a kit. Thanks again I don't think I would have figured that one out.