PDA

View Full Version : throttle and clutch mods

daalde1
11-09-2007, 12:33 PM
troll/noob here. need help with replacing the stock throttle and clutch levers. looking at the asv for the clutch as i have smaller hands and would like the lever to be closer. looking at the moose dual gasser to replace the stock thumb throttle just to have the option of switching to twist on long rides.

will the asv work with an 05 kfx400? does it integrate with the existing hardware? not sure how what happens with the e start and the parking brake. just need clarification.

i know terry cable makes a dual gasser as well. just looking for opinions on either product.

also, should a shop install these or is this something i can tackle myself.

Thanks, Dave.

drzoo2
11-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Only issue I can think of with the ASV is they ditch the brake light switch on the brake levers and you have to tie your clutch safety switch wires together. Oh and I think you need to extend the cable perch. I'm not 100%. I was thinking of upgrading and these are the issues I came across. I have two little boys so I decided the clutch switch is a good thing for now. I also ride at night so I like having a brake light.

z

bellzbub
11-13-2007, 04:02 AM
asv makes the front brake lever with the right stuff for the brake light now. and besides the rear brake light still works.

i have the old style levers, both. and let me tell you they are great! way better than all the rest. check ebay for sales from asv on reconditioned parts. i got mine for a song and just like new with warranty.