PDA

View Full Version : Who needs lassie..my dogs rule!

Pappy
11-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Last night was the first night that it was cold enough to have a fire in the woodstove, infact it was cold enough that I also had the pellet stove fired up. Around 3:30 am , both my labs , Tooper and Moose, began barking like the world was ending:p

Ofcourse I came up out of the bed with my handgun and the wife was already bqacking me up when in the few seconds of the unknown hit us. It wasn't a robber, it was SMOKE! The house was plum full of smoke! No sooner then we realized we had a problem the smoke detectors went off, but they did not beat my loyal pups:macho

Thankfully the smoke was just coming from the pellet stove running empty and with the temps so cold it backdrafted and smoke came back through the stove. Nothing like venting the entire house at 3 am:p

Anyway, figured I would share my feel good story of the day:D

tim colston
11-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Nothing better than a loyal and useful dog.

Ghost-Rider
11-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I love my dogs, don't think I could ever have a cat...

troyleepred719
11-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Last night was the first night that it was cold enough to have a fire in the woodstove, infact it was cold enough that I also had the pellet stove fired up. Around 3:30 am , both my labs , Tooper and Moose, began barking like the world was ending:p

Ofcourse I came up out of the bed with my handgun and the wife was already bqacking me up when in the few seconds of the unknown hit us. It wasn't a robber, it was SMOKE! The house was plum full of smoke! No sooner then we realized we had a problem the smoke detectors went off, but they did not beat my loyal pups:macho

Thankfully the smoke was just coming from the pellet stove running empty and with the temps so cold it backdrafted and smoke came back through the stove. Nothing like venting the entire house at 3 am:p

Anyway, figured I would share my feel good story of the day:D

this is the worst time of the year, chimney fires and pellet stove smoke outs, at least 3 a night, wish people would clean their damn chimneys so i could sleep lol....:devil: glad to hear everyones alright, smoke inhalation is no fun....

BlaineKaiser450
11-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
I love my dogs, don't think I could ever have a cat... yea dogs are better than cats :macho

mikeB
11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
dogs are way better than cats. and who woulda thought id be saying that when i have a dumb cat