PDA

View Full Version : 2008 WORCS Schedule**TENTATIVE**

QuadJunkies
11-09-2007, 12:33 AM
Off WORCS website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 11/7/2007

Here is what we have to date. Until we secure dates at two state parks we will not have locked in schedule. You will notice that there is 8 rounds in the ATV series for 2008 and 7 of the 8 will count toward your championships for amateurs and 8 of 8 toward Pro-Am and Pro titles. Of the two schedules we run with Bike and ATV the ATV one is the most open at this time. The time frame of April through June will be where most of the changes will occur. We will try to get you updates as soon as possible.

2008 WORCS TENTATIVE
ATV Schedule as of 11-7-07

Rnd
Date

Special
Event
Jan 12
PIAA-WORCS ATV/UTV 8 Hour Endurance Event
Surprise, Az No WORCS series points.
yes

Jan 25-27
Surprise, Az
Rnd 1 of Pit Crew Challenge Event
Yes

Feb 8-10
Mesquite, Nv
Yes

Mar 7-9
Lake Havasu City, Az
Rnd 2 of Pit Crew Challenge Event
Yes

April 18-20
TBA

June 13-15
TBA, Washington

Aug 15-17
Olympia, Wa
Enduro Cross Style Competition
Saturday Night
Yes

Sept 12-13
Or the 26-28
TBA, Ca
Final rnd of Pit Crew Challenge Series

Oct 24-26
Taft, Ca
National Awards Ceremony
Yes

TENTATIVE ONLY

F-16Guy
11-10-2007, 07:19 PM
It's good to see Mesquite back on the schedule; hopefully it isn't a mud bog like the 2005 race. Hopefully I can get a few rounds in this year. I don't know how to feel about this, but I can officially run in the 30+ class this year!! I raced Production B in 2006 - maybe I'll give "A" a shot this year. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only 400ex on the starting line, but whatever. Long live the 400ex!!:D

QuadJunkies
11-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
I'm pretty sure I'll be the only 400ex on the starting line, but whatever. Long live the 400ex!!:D

Id like to join you... :D Mines a little WIDE though.Thre wasactually a few of them this year and one I think was in the top 3 in one of he classes for the Championship! :)
MY only concern for us primarily is the one week between rounds 1 and 2.Thats going ot be very tough, very expensiveand hard to get kids out of school for .
Maybe some day Kelsey will take over mine .Its got plenty of power for her skinny butt. lol:p

F-16Guy
11-11-2007, 08:28 AM
My 416 probably isn't nearly as fast as your 440, but it's no slouch. I was really surprised how many A and B class riders I passed in 2006 simply because the riders were out of "gas". A super fast, modified 450r does you absolutely no good if you're so tired you can't even hang on to it. The length of these races is the great equalizer. I probably could have ridden a stock Blaster and placed in the top 10 for Production B.

QuadJunkies
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Riders ages and CC's are changing as well in 2008.

Ill miss not seeing Schell out there in 2008.:(

400exrider0004
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM
So I guess there is no Pismo round for 08:(

QuadJunkies
11-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider0004
So I guess there is no Pismo round for 08:(
Theres still 2 TBA races, so you never know;)
at least one TBA may be in the L.A area we have been told.

400exrider0004
11-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I hope they put Pismo in there somewhere. Hopefully they have a California round for April so I dont have to wait till September to race.

400grl
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I wonder what Schell is going to be racing next year then? Just Quadcross stuff?

QuadJunkies
11-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I wonder what Schell is going to be racing next year then? Just Quadcross stuff?
I wondered about that also...
Hopefully Ill hear more from Kelsey when she gets back from Cali.

F-16Guy
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Isn't Schell more of an MX guy? I would imagine they'd keep Josh in Worcs exclusively and move Schell to Quadcross. It's better to have a shot at two series championships than one. Let's face it, Josh will pretty much be the man to beat in worcs next year (knock on wood), so Jeremy's talents would be much more gainfully employed trying to secure a podium spot in Quadcross.

400grl
11-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Yeah...it would probably be better for him, anyway - having a family and doing so many races is tough........

CannondaleRider
11-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Pismo will not be on the map for 2008.....words straight from Sean.

Basically, the bike turnout there isn't that great, so Sean made it sound like there was the possibility of only the bikes going to Pismo for '08. The quad turnout there is high, even without WORCS involvement.

What I've heard, is that the TBA in California is in planning stages to be a Hollister. As for the other Washington Round....could be at Washougal, could be at Pacific Raceways....

400exrider0004
11-12-2007, 07:36 PM
wow that sucks. So if I am understanding that right, WORCS is not putting Pismo on the schedule for ATVs because the bike turnout is low, but they are putting Pismo in the schedule for the bikes?? Does anyone have an idea what the TBA for April is?

CannondaleRider
11-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Sorry....should have made that more clear, figured it would make sense, but apparently not.

Bike turnout is low for the event WITHOUT WORCS being involved, so bringing WORCS to the event allows a high bike turnout. Quad turnout for the event WITHOUT WORCS is high anyways.

Sorry for the confusion

400exrider0004
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM
no biggie, thanks for clearing it up. do you know why they took it out of the series, or is it just because the bike turnout wasnt as high as hoped? You would think that the turnout for the ATVs would make up for it. Isnt the pismo round the largest number of sign ups. This whole schedule for 08 kinda disappointed me because of the smaller number of rounds. But it will be a blast no matter what.

hanes17
11-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Glen helen would be a great place for us to race. I've raced a few GP's there and it's fun. Plus it there is so much history there.

hanes17
11-12-2007, 09:53 PM
I thought they had raced there in the past so I looked it up. 2004.

QuadJunkies
11-13-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by hanes17
I thought they had raced there in the past so I looked it up. 2004.
Is Glen Helen privately owned?
That might be one reason.I remember reading about this once, but I cant remember what was said .

hanes17
11-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I dont know if it is for sure or not. What would be the problem if it was?

QuadJunkies
11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by hanes17
I dont know if it is for sure or not. What would be the problem if it was?
I cant remember for sure or all the details,it was posted on another forum.so I would hate to quote anything until I find it .

out4sand
11-13-2007, 12:32 PM
The biggest reason WORCS is not returning to Pismo is that Sean is unable to control mother nature and the track. Sean mentioned in the riders meeting on Friday that they were not able to keep the course markers (ribbon) in place on over half of the track in the Saturday afternoon wind and he just did not feel comfortable racing in those conditions. The track was actually cut by over 2 1/2 miles on the Sunday morning races because they were unable to remark the course after the evening wind blew down a considerable amount of the remaining course markers, ribbon, and poles. Anyhow, in a nutshell Sean said when he is unable to control the track he does not feel comfortable putting on a race so Pismo will not be on the 08 schedule.

He also mentioned in the meeting that many of the TBA locations are in State Park locations. Many of which have some litigation that will need to happen before publicly announcing a WORCS racing date.

WORCSYFZ199
11-13-2007, 06:38 PM
I raced the WORCS race at Glen Helen back in 2004 and it was awesome, they looped all the MX tracks together went over the hills and everything and it was a blast, I've been wondering why we haven't been back since? It would be awesome because I'm sure there would be a lot of the Quadcross locals (if it wasn't conflicting) and would make for good turn out and good for the spectators and coverage.

hanes17
11-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I feel the same about Glen Helen.

khj
11-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
Isn't Schell more of an MX guy? I would imagine they'd keep Josh in Worcs exclusively and move Schell to Quadcross. It's better to have a shot at two series championships than one. Let's face it, Josh will pretty much be the man to beat in worcs next year (knock on wood), so Jeremy's talents would be much more gainfully employed trying to secure a podium spot in Quadcross.

move who where what ?

west coast is like Oklahoma or something right ?

nocalhick ???

worcs ??? he does not want a job he just wants to race !

quadcross ??? is that where he rides his 4-wheeler from that edge of the country to the midwest ???

d kelley
11-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Dad talked to Sean and said mesquite's prices are getting to extreme and the track is going out of business so sean is looking for another track heard maybe Goldendale so there will be 3 washington rounds but Scott is prices are to much.
just thought let you know if i hear anything esle ill let you guys know
Mesquite is not a for sure deal yet so bare with me till futher details. _________ This is from QuadsOnly.com. WORCS will now officially stand for Washington Off Road Championship Series and races will be 35 minutes motos run in the months of June, July and August. Also, race entry fees will be doubled for anyone who does not live in Washington or Oregon. The second part is a joke. Like HaHA.

QuadJunkies
11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
WOW.. When you think about it, we really dont have that many places to hold an event like this!:huh
I wish they could work out a deal with one of the two that I suggested in Idaho. :(
The one track looks AWESOME!

adrenalinefreak
11-17-2007, 01:39 PM
If they don't hold it at Mesquite there is a brand new track about to open up called bouldercitymx.com

Pretty cool! There are 3 to 4 different tracks here in the Vegas area within an hour drive!

It will suck if they put in more northern races!!!

I guess we'll see!

out4sand
11-18-2007, 10:10 AM
It will suck if they put in more northern races!!!

How do you think us Northern folks feel about all the southern races :p Even if "we" were lucky enough to get 3 Washington races, that still leaves 5 in basically So Cal and AZ, long hauls from Washington, Oregon, or Idaho. Jeff, the only one in our group who drove his rig to every round this season, rolled on a little over 17,000 miles traveling to WORCS this season. My point being, many complain about long travels to a few rounds, just think if you didn't live in CA, NV, or AZ...it could be a whole lot worse, just ask anyone from the Pacific Northwest.

CannondaleRider
11-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth Gingles.

Obviously, I don't live in the northwest...but I know how you guys feel, lol.

d kelley
11-18-2007, 09:54 PM
WORCS should put 5 rounds in the N.W. The riders from up there dominate the quad classes anyways. At least the 20 or so who put their quads in Bob L. trailer and flew to all the races. The other 450 racers from AZ NV NM and CA should just get used to going up to WORCS summer vacation area and stop complaining. And one more thing, if you don't run with a blue plate on the front of your quad, nobody cares anyways

out4sand
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
And one more thing, if you don't run with a blue plate on the front of your quad, nobody cares anyways

Ahhhh come on, they care about the entry fees we pay :D :D

QuadJunkies
11-18-2007, 11:39 PM
:p

QuadJunkies
11-25-2007, 01:06 PM
More changes....
How do you spark arrest all these minis? :confused:
I guess Ill be making some calls tomorrow.

1. 450cc maximum limit on Pro Main beginning at round 4.

2. Spark Arrestors will be required at 2 rounds, Hollister & TBA

3. 12-15 years class will have a 240cc 2 stroke limit and a 396cc 4 stroke limit.

4. Must be 15 years old and prove it with birth certificate to race 400cc and up ATV. All other age limits will stay the same. All youth entrants need to bring birth certificate to first round for proff of age.

5. All entrants must be able to start and push or pull 10’ their own ATV.

6. 7 of the 8 rounds will count towards national championships

7. Racer must get DNF or better to earn 5 appearance points for 8th round attended.

8. If a racer is DSQed for a displacement violation all points for that class will be forfeited.

9. A DSQ for any other reason will mean a loss of the maximum points that could be earned from said class for that round no matter what the finish. Example, If X racer is a pro then he will loose 30 points; If X racer is an amateur then the point loss would be 21.

10. No Pro-Am pay out in 2008.

11. Utility Class definition will be revised to allow any ATV with OEM 4 wheel drive.

Weekend Format Changes;

1. UTV Class will now be 45 minutes long and use some off-road portions of the track.

2. Women A will now race with the Open A & Open B racers.

3. The Saturday mid-day break will be shortened.

QuadJunkies
11-27-2007, 12:04 AM
***FINAL RACE SCHELE IS NOW POSTED***
Posted: 11/26/2007

Here is the final 2008 WORCS ATV schedule. You will notice that there is 8 rounds in the ATV series for 2008 and 7 of the 8 will count toward your championships for amateurs and 8 of 8 toward Pro-Am and Pro titles. WORCS ATV’s will attend one all new location at Honey Lake Mx and Mesquite Mx which we have not raced since 2006. Honey Lake is a top pick on bike tour due to location and incredible facility.

2008 WORCS ATV FINAL
ATV Schedule as of 11-26-07

Rnd
Date
Special
Event
Jan 12
PIAA-WORCS ATV/UTV 8 Hour Endurance Event
Surprise, Az No WORCS series points.

Jan 25-27
Speed World Mx-Surprise, Az
Rnd 1 of Pit Crew Challenge Event