PDA

View Full Version : hop ups

Thetruth81
11-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Is there anything you can do to the 400ex to gain more power that you don't have to go out and spend any money?

f150mann
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
power = money, end of story

drew416ex
11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
There was an article in 4-wheel atv action that was titled free power. If i can find the issue ill let you know what it said.

Thetruth81
11-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by f150mann
power = money, end of story

Thetruth81
11-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I have three kids and a car and house payments. I'm lucky to just have the quad. Any help would be great or if anyone has some cheap parts. I've checked ebay but it seems like only stock equipment goes cheap.

Thanks

AtvMxRider
11-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Grind the welds down in the head pipe, remove choke, adjust throttle cable at thumb throttle. Those are just a few things you can do.

11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Grind the welds down in the head pipe, remove choke, adjust throttle cable at thumb throttle. Those are just a few things you can do.

the only performance thing i see here is removing the choke which i think requires it to be jetted also

slow96hater
11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
anything motor performance wise is gonna probally requier re jetting. for free, screw around with your stock shocks. screw with the settings, maybe you can get your bike to ride even more comfortiable for you. adjust tire pressures, drop a lb of air or add a lb of air. take your stock spark arrestor off and clean it, take your air filter out and clean/relube it.

that stuff is about as close to free as you can get, with out rejetting. heck, you could even try your bike with out the lid on. i personally like my bike with the lid on, but with out the snorkel on, with a old pair of tighty whitey underwear rubber banded around the new hole(kinda keeps a little extra dust out.) its almost like a make shift ram air. hahaha. hope i helped.

AtvMxRider
11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
the only performance thing i see here is removing the choke which i think requires it to be jetted also

You know I have not seen you post anything that proves you have any idea what the **** your talking about. Everything I posted is performance related:rolleyes: .

drew416ex
11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
You dont have to rejet the carb if the choke is removed or atleast i didnt. Keep your chain lubed, in that magazine article, they got like .5hp just oiling the chian.

LEOGM5150
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
pull out the spark arrestor, take off the air lid and rejet and there is as close to free power as you can get. also if you read a few articles on porting heads and have a good dremel you could also easily port your head and bore out your stock carb. along with a little boring and smoothing the flanges on your headers. all this stuff is worth the effort if you can't afford aftermarket parts.

i have done all of the above with my predator before i was able to afford aftermarket parts. it helps a quite a bit.