PDA

View Full Version : silencer packing?

Pipeless416
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM
its about time to repack my HMF and i am just wondering if there are any particularly good packings to consider. i see that msr has a 'silent sport packing.' i am seriously considering selling my HMF and getting a two bro's M7, because right now, i am just too loud. are there any types of packing that will help bring down the sound output?

honda300EXtreme
11-09-2007, 04:24 PM
if most of your packing in your pipe now is burned out,

any new packing will make it seem a bit quieter, if noise is an issure why dont you just get the quiet core, its alot cheaper than a new slip on,

Pipeless416
11-09-2007, 05:10 PM
i have the quiet core haha. it was really that bad until i put a 450r carb on it. i guess that much more air makes it quite a bit louder. im just wondering if there are any packing brands that will be noticeably quieter than others

GPracer2500
11-09-2007, 09:49 PM
M/T Pro Power Pack is the best packing I've used. It's heavier and denser than any other packing I've tried. I've never found it on-line anywhere. A local shop near me carries it.

I doubt any variety of packing would make much of a difference in sound output though. One brand of packing might hold sound down a smidgen more than some other brand but I'd be surprised if you'll find meaningful relief by choosing a specific packing. $0.02

Pipeless416
11-09-2007, 11:43 PM
i was hoping you'd respond.. thanks for the answers. i guess i'll just save a few bucks and get whatever packing i find. maybe just being repacked will help enough.