PDA

View Full Version : JD JEtting kit

svsuper
11-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok I'm about to order my jetting kit. Any special tools I should order at the same time? Any help would be appreciated.

LT250_JOE
11-09-2007, 05:46 AM
NO SPECIAL TOOLS NEEDED.

bossman525
11-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by svsuper
Ok I'm about to order my jetting kit. Any special tools I should order at the same time? Any help would be appreciated.
get a aftermarket fuel mixture screw

eerhard09
11-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by bossman525
get a aftermarket fuel mixture screw

I have not seen anyone have good results with one on the FCR carbs. It seems to screw up the jetting to where you can't get right. Maybe you have but I have yet to see it....

Evasiveone
11-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Instead of getting a fuel screw and taking the chance of it screwing up the jetting like many people have found it would do get something like this to get to the mixture screw.

Motion pro pilot adjusting tool (http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/pilot_screw_adjusting_tool/)

bossman525
11-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by eerhard09
I have not seen anyone have good results with one on the FCR carbs. It seems to screw up the jetting to where you can't get right. Maybe you have but I have yet to see it....
i haven't had that problem, actually i think it works great. u can adjust it when ur still sitting on ur seat

eerhard09
11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by bossman525
i haven't had that problem, actually i think it works great. u can adjust it when ur still sitting on ur seat

Really? Hmmm, what screw did you buy? If you have one that actually works, I may pick one up!

bossman525
11-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by eerhard09
Really? Hmmm, what screw did you buy? If you have one that actually works, I may pick one up!
i actually got it from my local dealer. from the looks of the package it came in, it might have been for factory ktm bikes or something. it said it was made in germany. my dealer is a big ktm dealer so maybe. but it is like the one's you see in catalog's. it has the knurled round handle so you can grab it real easy and it really works great. btw, my buddy has an outlaw, and he got a different one than i have and his keeps backing out on him. but like i said, from the packaging, it looks like it is a factory adjustment screw

svsuper
11-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Any hints on what jet sizes I should start out with? I think there elevation @ here is 600' or so.

eerhard09
11-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Follow the recommended settings that come with the JD kit. I think foe warmer temps, above 50 degrees, red needle, 4th or 5th clip, 165-170 main (with baffle out of exhaust and no lid), and the thick o-ring. That range should get you pretty close and fine tune from there. Oh, start by leaving the air screw at stock position.

svsuper
11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the info. all the help is appreciated. I have an hmf slip on i'm going to install as well as a k&n filter at the time I am rejetting. I'm getting rid of the lid on the airbox and going to an outwears.