PDA

View Full Version : sick of this

400EXtreme
11-07-2007, 02:42 PM
For the past few months i have been extremely tired even thought i have been getting enough sleep. My body aches, such as joints and headaches, have no energy what so ever, im tired all day long and im just getting sick of it. I dont no if its time to get some blood work or what. If anyone has had this problem and know what it is please let me know thank you.

Ghost-Rider
11-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Make sure your eating right, don't oversleep.

MO-EX-RIDER
11-07-2007, 02:45 PM
are you lossing weight? urinate a lot more than normal too? may be diabetes, but sounds like its time to see the doc

yellow400ex05
11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
lyme disease tends to make your body ache and make you tired. Have you checked yourself for ticks?

Mean250r
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
For the past few months i have been extremely tired even thought i have been getting enough sleep. My body aches, such as joints and headaches, have no energy what so ever, im tired all day long and im just getting sick of it. I dont no if its time to get some blood work or what. If anyone has had this problem and know what it is please let me know thank you.

I know man i got that to. My momma says i prob have mono. Im going to go get checked out next weeek.

450ice
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
same **** was happening to me, i went to the doc found out i have mono

Toadz400
11-07-2007, 04:06 PM
Are you exercising at all?

I've been the same way for the past few months but it's because I had surgery and haven't been walking around or lifting things like I used to back when I worked. I have no energy whatsoever and have been sleeping a lot.

Pappy
11-07-2007, 04:34 PM
mine was allergy related. i knew i was stuffy but the ahes and joint pain had me concerned along with being so tired i could barely drive home from work!

best to get a blood test just to be safe. my father in-law is suffering from a severe case of Lyme's and it very well could kill him as it was misdiagnosed and it's in his spinal fluid.

wvspeedfreak
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

my father in-law is suffering from a severe case of Lyme's and it very well could kill him as it was misdiagnosed and it's in his spinal fluid.

Man,I hate to hear that.I met him and talked to him quite a bit at Cody's birthday party a year or so ago.He is a hell of a nice guy.Tell Bridget and everyone we will keep him in our prayers.

JJs450r
11-07-2007, 05:54 PM
my mom has lupus and im borderline and i have same problems some times, being out in the sun all day, or colder weather makes me tired and my bones hurt,

400EXtreme
11-08-2007, 12:47 PM
i just got blood work. Got tested for lyme mono and some other wierd stuff that ive never heard of. Hopefully its something because feeling like this sucks.

Dune Surfer
11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm tired and sore all the time too!!

Wait I figured it out.................................I'm old;)

charlie211
11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
It could be mild depression too. A few months is a long time to have your symptoms for an illness. Food for thought. Good luck!

400EXtreme
11-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by charlie211
It could be mild depression too. A few months is a long time to have your symptoms for an illness. Food for thought. Good luck! well i have been depressed for years now im takin medicine now so dont thnk its depression.

Kickstarts-suck
11-08-2007, 02:27 PM
My moms a nurse and she said it could be Mono and you should just get some blood work done.

400EXtreme
11-08-2007, 04:26 PM
yea i got blood work done will have the results in by beginning of next week thanks for all your help guys i appreciate it.

BuB400
11-08-2007, 05:48 PM
I thought I had mono once, but I was just bored.

allstock
11-08-2007, 06:06 PM
i have the same problem but im just fat:chinese:

jerkyboy
11-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by allstock
i have the same problem but im just fat:chinese:

hahaha
You look like santa with your riding gear on.

charlie211
11-09-2007, 05:45 AM
Taken From Website... http://www.medicinenet.com

What is the usual course and treatment of mono?

In most cases of mono, no specific treatment is necessary. The illness is usually self-limited and passes much the way other common viral illnesses resolve. Treatment is directed toward the relief of symptoms. Available antiviral drugs have no significant effect on the overall outcome of mono and may actually prolong the course of the illness. Occasionally, Strep throat occurs in conjunction with mono and is best treated with penicillin or erythromycin.

A feeling of fatigue or tiredness may persist for months following the acute phase of the illness. It is recommended that patients with mono avoid participation in any contact sports during the first six to eight weeks following the onset to prevent trauma to the enlarged spleen. The enlarged spleen is susceptible to rupture, which can be life-threatening. Cortisone medication is occasionally given for the treatment of severely swollen tonsils or throat tissues which threaten to obstruct breathing.

Patients can continue to have virus particles present in their saliva for as long as 18 months after the initial infection. When symptoms persist for more than six months, the condition is frequently called "chronic" EBV infection. However, laboratory tests generally cannot confirm continued active EBV infection in people with "chronic" EBV infection. Such cases are often further evaluated to detect chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

A feeling of fatigue or tiredness may persist for months

450raider
11-09-2007, 05:22 PM
ok i got one for ya, ive got a friend that at one time that was (im sure can still be) one of the most brilliant minds in the country thinks he might have a type of vertigo or something cause he gets dizzy and forgets stuff rather often and for sure has astigmatism (which is one of his minor issues) and heres the kicker, he cant go to the doctor cause he dont have health insurance so that alone f's with his mind alot, knowing that as an american your one of the last people that would get american healthcare, and after watching sicko (great find by the way) im just as disgusted, i keep tellin him we should migrate to canada :D but not....right now anyway.

mx1791
11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by jerkyboy
hahaha
You look like santa with your riding gear on.
ahahahah

Pappy
11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
ok i got one for ya, ive got a friend that at one time that was (im sure can still be) one of the most brilliant minds in the country thinks he might have a type of vertigo or something cause he gets dizzy and forgets stuff rather often and for sure has astigmatism (which is one of his minor issues) and heres the kicker, he cant go to the doctor cause he dont have health insurance so that alone f's with his mind alot, knowing that as an american your one of the last people that would get american healthcare, and after watching sicko (great find by the way) im just as disgusted, i keep tellin him we should migrate to canada :D but not....right now anyway.

1st..your friend WONT go to the doctor, he can and doesnt need insurance. ofcourse he will have to pay for it, but the last time i checked government paid insurance wasnt in our bill of rights.

2nd..you pay for every insurance you have, its called personal responsibilty. there are assistance programs in place if you take the time to sign up for them

derekhonda
11-09-2007, 07:24 PM
I often times also form opinions based off of michael moore movies. <sarcasm>

Old Head
11-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Might also want to check house for carbon monoxide. It will give you headaches and make you tired also.

400EXtreme
11-11-2007, 03:13 PM
ive been having pains near by left rib cage where the spleen is so i googled it and it could be a swollen spleen which wuold make me feel tired or weak.

Ghost-Rider
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 400EXtreme
ive been having pains near by left rib cage where the spleen is so i googled it and it could be a swollen spleen which wuold make me feel tired or weak.

If your spleen is sore/swollen, you can be pretty sure you have Mono. Been making out with anyone recently ?

450raider
11-11-2007, 04:40 PM
ok 400ex whatever it is best of luck with it and be back out by riding season (which is anytime :D), next i sense a bit of ridicule about an earlier post which is fine (ill take some blame since i already said too much of a friends complicted situation), im still comparably a rookie compared to how long some folks have been here and i totally respect peoples opinions, but i know what i know and refuse to change any of my first post, while i think america is the best country on the planet (even with 95% of polititions ruining it day by day) while the bill of rights says nothing about governed ins., it still dont say its perfectly fine to fly a ethiopian or any pikmes from around the world for a free heart transplant while and american living hundreds of miles away is dying cause they cant afford medicine for a simple infection- something to think about, so if i get ridiculed, it wont matter, im not reading it again anyway laslty good luck to 400 and too all out there.

400EXtreme
11-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
If your spleen is sore/swollen, you can be pretty sure you have Mono. Been making out with anyone recently ? yes

Pappy
11-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by 450raider
ok 400ex whatever it is best of luck with it and be back out by riding season (which is anytime :D), next i sense a bit of ridicule about an earlier post which is fine (ill take some blame since i already said too much of a friends complicted situation), im still comparably a rookie compared to how long some folks have been here and i totally respect peoples opinions, but i know what i know and refuse to change any of my first post, while i think america is the best country on the planet (even with 95% of polititions ruining it day by day) while the bill of rights says nothing about governed ins., it still dont say its perfectly fine to fly a ethiopian or any pikmes from around the world for a free heart transplant while and american living hundreds of miles away is dying cause they cant afford medicine for a simple infection- something to think about, so if i get ridiculed, it wont matter, im not reading it again anyway laslty good luck to 400 and too all out there.

My dad died of an infection and had the best insurance one can buy. being on this site for a short amount of time has zero to do with using what is available to every man woman and child in this country if your not to lazy to go seek medical help and not stupid enough to buy into the belief that pigmy's are flown here daily to recieve a heart transplant. this is exactly the type of ludicris chatter that keeps people looking down instead of looking forward.

rtm1216
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Have them test your thyroid. it might be underperforming. I have this problem and all the symptoms you described are the same as I had. Are you gaining weight? Is your hair thinning?

400EXtreme
11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
well results came back and apparently i have great blood. I dont get waht it coujld be.

charlie211
11-13-2007, 05:32 AM
Maybe you should talk to your doc in regards to the meds he /she prescribed you. Perhaps another route is the way to go...

Or

Chronic fatigue syndrome:

Signs and symptoms
Chronic fatigue syndrome is a flu-like condition that can drain your energy and, sometimes, last for years. People previously healthy and full of energy may experience a variety of signs and symptoms.

People with chronic fatigue syndrome exhibit signs and symptoms similar to those of most common viral infections. Unlike flu (influenza) symptoms, which usually subside in a few days or weeks, the signs and symptoms of CFS can last much longer. They may come and go frequently with no identifiable pattern.

Primary signs and symptoms
In addition to persistent fatigue, not caused by other known medical conditions, chronic fatigue syndrome has eight possible primary signs and symptoms. Chronic fatigue syndrome symptoms include:

Loss of memory or concentration
Sore throat
Painful and mildly enlarged lymph nodes in your neck or armpits
Unexplained muscle soreness
Pain that moves from one joint to another without swelling or redness
Headache of a new type, pattern or severity
Sleep disturbance
Extreme exhaustion lasting more than 24 hours after physical or mental exercise
According to the International Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Study Group — a group of scientists, researchers and doctors brought together by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to determine a standard method for defining and diagnosing chronic fatigue syndrome — a person meets the diagnostic criteria of chronic fatigue syndrome when unexplained persistent fatigue occurs for six months or more along with at least four of the eight primary signs and symptoms.

Additional signs and symptoms
In addition, people with chronic fatigue syndrome have reported other various signs and symptoms that aren't part of the official definition. These include:

Abdominal pain
Allergies or sensitivities to foods, alcohol, odors, chemicals, medications or noise
Bloating
Chest pain
Chronic cough
Diarrhea
Dizziness, balance problems or fainting
Dry mouth
Earache
Irregular heartbeat
Jaw pain
Morning stiffness
Nausea
Chills and night sweats
Psychological problems, such as depression, irritability, anxiety disorders and panic attacks
Shortness of breath
Tingling sensations
Visual disturbances, such as blurring, sensitivity to light, eye pain and dry eyes
Weight loss or gain
If you have chronic fatigue syndrome, your symptoms may peak and become stable early on, and then come and go over time. Some people go on to recover completely, while others grow progressively worse.

Toadz400
11-13-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by charlie211

Morning stiffness
Tingling sensations

Haha....:devil:

I wish I had chronic fatigue syndrome.

NorCalRacer
11-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Good old fashioned case of hypocondria. It's all in your head:D