PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Excel Help

jrspawn
11-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey whats up. I figured there are probably quite a few members on here the know excel pretty well. So heres my questions if i can make sense.

Is there a way i can take a whole column(B) and all of it contents/rows(1-200) and make the C column reflect all of those values but multiplied by a percent in the same rows? I know i can make a function for every column/row, but that would take forever doing it individual like that, so i just wanted to know if i could do the complete column in one shot?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and i appologize for my description, i can barely understand what i wrote :huh

Thank you
Justin

Bradracer18
11-06-2007, 10:17 PM
are you just wanting to take all the different values in lets say column B(rows 1-200) and multiply each row by a percentage?

And then, are you wanting to sum all of the rows(or the entire column)?

jrspawn
11-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Yes, i am just wanting to take all the different values in column B(rows 1-200) and multiply each row by a percentage. But have the C column show result in each corresponding row from colum B.

Thank you
Justin

Bradracer18
11-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm not sure if your answer is this easy, because I'm not sure if I can understand your question.

But, it looks to me like you should be able to in cell C1, you can put =B1*(the percentage). And then, just drag the corner of that C1 cell down through the other cells(to 200)

jrspawn
11-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Thank you, I got it figured out now

:D

Thank you
Justin

Bradracer18
11-06-2007, 10:44 PM
No problem.....its a very cool program and will do about anything.....just takes some learning and getting used to. Good Luck