PDA

View Full Version : yfz

2000300ex
11-06-2007, 09:26 PM
how do i get sponsored because i live in ct too

motodirty
11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Dude if you want to get sponsors. The easiest way is to make a little porfolio of what you have done in racing. Have it in email form and a hard copy and bring it to your local dealer or send it to companies online. Explain what you want to do in racing and ask them if they can help out in anyway. Don't try to ask for money or some super crazy outrageous thing like free parts. You have to start small. Tell them you'll run there stickers or use there products with there stickers and also if you make the podium or an interveiw, you will annouce them as a sponsor. It does not matter if you are an Expert or not. Most will sponsor you with at least a discount. You start small to gain a friend first. Then when you need more you ask for there help. A sponsor will help out the best they can if you are very respectful and honest. I used to roadrace and if you think racing quads or dirtbikes is expensive try roadracing. My weekends as an Expert was $2000 average. So make sure that there is also a bunch of contingency money to go around for certain products if you use ther products and if you don't maybe you should switch brands.

2000300ex
11-10-2007, 04:05 PM
yea i'm switching for a honda 300ex to a 03 04 z400 and i'm pretty much new to racing but i can keep up wit my friend who has a kfx450 and uncle who has a kfx700 and there the best riders i know and do u still race

motodirty
11-10-2007, 09:22 PM
yeah not as much as I want to. Way to many bills when you buy a house. Don't be intimidated by the way people talk about racing and how fast they are. Most people can't ride anyway and to get sponsored can happen to anyone. Just go into your dealer give them alittle speech about how you want to race or your going to start racing. Then ask if they can help with some stuff. Parts maintenance or just someone to help with suspension set up, whatever gets you in the door. Be sincere and tell the truth. If you have no experience tell it. Thats why you need their help. Hope you have fun if you start racing. If not racing then just ridin is fun enough. Never forget it's for fun.