PDA

View Full Version : Whats it like you MX racer's?

yellow400ex05
11-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Hey I'm going to be racing C class D-6 MX next spring and was wondering what I should look out for because i have heard it can get crazy.

416exfreak
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
Just judging by your sig...your gonna want some better shocks.

And it wouldnt hurt to buy some wheel spacers for the front, unless you can afford A-arms between now and then.

yellow400ex05
11-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I got that stuff covered:macho , I'm ordering my TCS triple rates w/remote rezzies in a week or so and nerf bars etc..

jesseweaver
11-06-2007, 07:49 PM
ill be joining you next spring also. im gonna race c class D6 MX. i prolly wont get to a lot of races, but yea i heard it can get really dangerous too. Anyone got any good tips, and when is the first race?

yellow400ex05
11-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
ill be joining you next spring also. I'm gonna race c class D6 MX. I prolly wont get to a lot of races, but yea i heard it can get really dangerous too. Anyone got any good tips, and when is the first race?

hey I'll probably start by mid to late spring.

but I hope to see ya at the races!

I'll be back in the morning to reply.

FHKracingZ
11-06-2007, 08:02 PM
just like any sport. its only as dangerous as u make it.

BlaineKaiser450
11-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
just like any sport. its only as dangerous as u make it. agreed

ltr450rider21
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Ill be racing with you next year ;)

d6 Open C baby

11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
I raced a couple d6 races last season. For your first race don't go out expecting to win. Just ride, don't do anything stupid, or crash into someone or something. Just get the feel for it.

Toadz400
11-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I raced a couple d6 races last season. For your first race don't go out expecting to win. Just ride, don't do anything stupid, or crash into someone or something. Just get the feel for it.

Yep. I actually ride better if I'm not trying to be competitive. My friends and I raced some MX races just for the fun of it and it was a blast.

Don't ride above your skill level and keep yourself paced. Remember to breathe and stay relaxed.

NeverLiftRacing
11-06-2007, 11:54 PM
well where im from the lower skilled classes are the ones to watch out for because of less experience and less knowledge of whats going on around them. just make sure you only ride to your limit and always remember you have to slow down to be faster. i know it doesnt make any sense but you will one day understand. lol. most of all just have fun with it!

LTR450_#67
11-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Hold your lines!!!!

XXXRACER165
11-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Pick good lines when you come up to a jump or you'll get tossed.

Moto49X
11-07-2007, 11:08 AM
for a C class racer. Get the holeshot and get the hell away from everyone. Alot of those guys have no reason to be on a motocross track, don't know how to ride and will do anything to get infront of you.

Toadz400
11-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Moto49X
for a C class racer. Get the holeshot and get the hell away from everyone. Alot of those guys have no reason to be on a motocross track, don't know how to ride and will do anything to get infront of you.

That's not always true. Where I've raced it seems the people with the most experience and money race in the C Beginner class. A couple years ago I raced against a chick who's been racing for 5 years and she had her motor sent out to Yoshimura to get the same kit Doug Gust ran in his Z400. Not to mention she had the best suspension you could get. I was next to her on a stock YFZ with a slip-on pipe and XCR tires...yep, it was fun.

elementryder
11-07-2007, 11:15 AM
yeh d6 c-class can gett pretty crazy either expect to get the holeshot or hang back...also to kids in c-class should not be in c-class

Moto49X
11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
That's not always true. Where I've raced it seems the people with the most experience and money race in the C Beginner class. A couple years ago I raced against a chick who's been racing for 5 years and she had her motor sent out to Yoshimura to get the same kit Doug Gust ran in his Z400. Not to mention she had the best suspension you could get. I was next to her on a stock YFZ with a slip-on pipe and XCR tires...yep, it was fun.

i guess it's all opinion/location. I've been racing since i was 12, i never thought a second about going into the C class when i was old enough.

11-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LTR450_#67
Hold your lines!!!!

That's the best advice. Don't expect to make too many friends if your riding dirty.

trick250r
11-07-2007, 12:25 PM
if i get scared before the holeshot i always use that as motivation to get out in front... you cant hit anybody if they're behind you. also, dont be a dick your first race, hold your lines. if the guys are fast enough to pass you, they should be smart enough to get around you on their own. if you cant hang with em, dont block em. but most of all, dont get too worked up about the end result... if you lose, big deal, its gonna happen again... if you win, okay but thats not going to happen everytime. its all supposed to be FUN... good luck.

416exfreak
11-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree with everyone else. Just go out and have fun.

Tape a note to your crossbar pad that says "relax, breath, ride safe, have fun". It help more than you would ever beleive (i credit Nick110 for this idea). And if someone is behind you then just hold your line and if they are fast enough, they'll find a way around you. Just go out and have fun, dont try to win, just stay safe.

I remember my first race, I was so nervous...But i went out, rode the best I could and came in with a 2nd place finish on a 300ex:p

trxwannbe
11-07-2007, 05:12 PM
if you ride smart and only go to your limits not everyone elses you'll do fine and you'll love it. its like nothing else when it comes to the adrenaline rush just focus through the whole moto because that split second when your not paying attention turns into a long time of pain

yellow400ex05
11-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I just hope that off the gate I can hook up. My quad spins so much lol, just not enough weight to put down to get traction.

I can start in 2nd half thorrlte let the clutch out go WOT and go back afterwards and see a 2 quad length long burnout from where my tires didn't hook up on a paved driveway to a gravel pit.

I can get a good reaction time and have my friends quad stay slightly behind my front tires in a drag race when I'm spinning and when i hook up I just cruise right ahead with ease.

trxwannbe
11-07-2007, 05:35 PM
start out in 2nd like you said as close to wide open as you can lean over the bars when you dump the clutch and as soon as you can transfer weight as far back on the seat as you can it'll help

scottsworld
11-07-2007, 06:57 PM
i race d-6 b class know and if your are any good i would skip c class and go to b it is a little bit safer i think cuz most c riders are out of control, my favorite track is atco but the is also the most technical i think cuz it is more like supercross you never get a break its all jumps and turns

Toadz400
11-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
start out in 2nd like you said as close to wide open as you can lean over the bars when you dump the clutch and as soon as you can transfer weight as far back on the seat as you can it'll help

I would practice using this idea. Practice is a main key to riding well.

jesseweaver
11-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by scottsworld
my favorite track is atco but the is also the most technical i think cuz it is more like supercross you never get a break its all jumps and turns

i just looked at their website, and watching some videos and that track looks sick. i hope i can get over there sometime next summer.

ingleful
11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Moto49X

in most cases your right...if been in plenty of wrecks in the C class because of other people..you learn to get away.

yellow400ex05
11-08-2007, 06:40 AM
would it be hard to go into b class?

do you think I'd get killed? B class seems to me like it's a pretty skilled class since it is one step away from A class.

I'd mainly go into B class to learn and get experience for a few races and not worry about idiots wrecking me, and then start "racing" when i get the feel for it.

Toadz400
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by yellow400ex05
would it be hard to go into b class?

do you think I'd get killed? B class seems to me like it's a pretty skilled class since it is one step away from A class.

I'd mainly go into B class to learn and get experience for a few races and not worry about idiots wrecking me, and then start "racing" when i get the feel for it.

I would go to a few races and watch the different classes race. Try and figure out where you'd rate compared to them. Remember, if you go into B class and you're not nearly as skilled or as smart of a rider as they are, you're probably going to end up getting hurt or hurting someone else. Either that or really pissing the B riders off if you're in their way. I think you'd be best starting out in the C class and going from there. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be unless you're entering the Special Ed C Class.

ingleful
11-08-2007, 12:26 PM
i waited till i dominated in D clas...which isnt that hard..then went to C for a while and realized it was to dangerous..so i moved up to B and i love it.

reconmaster
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
take it easy your 1st couple of motos get a feel for it because mx is a work out no since in tiring yourself before a motos over, ride with your on your shoulders not in your ***, make sure your quads well prepared for the race bring extra tires, bars, handguards, stay away from emgo tether cords, chest protection is a very good idea, don't worry about your speed focus on being smooth; speed will come, have an extra air filter, just have fun