PDA

View Full Version : Epic DS450 write up in QUAD Magazine

ThePhantomRider
11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
You get all the juicy tidbits and technical details plus a ride report. The writer was impressed because he said it felt like several other quads he had tested with racing motors and remembered that the one they had for the review was stock aside from the exhaust and programmer.

Too bad the KYB race shocks are a team available item only....ahh they get the Supercross treatement now...Unobtanium....:D

TPR

spanky101
11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
It definatly sounds like its gonna haul, and thats exciting to hear. Too bad i want a ktm now =( Ha, idk if thats a bad thing tho!

hasbeenttduner
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Of all the team riders who will be running the kyb and who will be running something else?

ThePhantomRider
11-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Not sure yet. Sage Baker used the KYB's at the Montreal SX and Greg Gee ran Fox.

I have heard some real good things about the KYB units as they do build great stock shocks and have the tech and ability to build top flight race shocks.

Since this is still rather new, they have been testing like mad to get them just right. I know that Sage's bike was real close to his idea of perfect and that was with a short lead time.

As for the Motoworks and Warnert teams, they have their own deals but I think have the ability to use the KYB's if they chose.

TPR

DVS_Freestyler
11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
actually was the other way around. Greg ran the fox and Sage ran the kyb.

ThePhantomRider
11-09-2007, 12:10 PM
Oops, yes, you are correct, I went back and looked at the photos and did get those crossed up.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
11-09-2007, 12:12 PM
I personally, when I get a DS and install the Epic arms, will also install a set of Float Evols....then the slight increse in arm weight will be offset by a decrease in shock weight so the change to the front end will be nominal at best.

TPR

hsr
11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
I personally, when I get a DS and install the Epic arms, will also install a set of Float Evols....then the slight increse in arm weight will be offset by a decrease in shock weight so the change to the front end will be nominal at best.

so much for that high tech lightweight aluminum front end
TPR

ThePhantomRider
11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
That is a personal preference. Most will benefit from having the alloy front end. The whole key was weight and it is addressed in the aftermarket when you add a little one place and remove it from another to net. I am used to a 50" bike and would like to make the DS a 50"...the great thing is that while it is a stock 46" bike, due to it's design rides like a 48" bike so when you go 50" it actually feels like a 52"

TPR