PDA

View Full Version : Lexx MXe Slip-On?

maxfior
11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Just got my new Rocky Mountain Fall/Winter book and saw this pipe:

http://www.rockymountainmc.com/images/orprod/400/l/lexx_exhaust.jpg

Has anyone used it before? I know a lot of you like HMF, Sparks, White Bros., etc. But I would love to have a pipe that would let my 400 breath a little better, sound better but be sort of quite at the same time. Specs say:

"Includes Forest Service approved Quiet Core Spark Arrester Insert that brings sound levels down below 93 dB on most models. "

That's pretty good I think? Any one have any comments? Thanks!

Max

250exkid
11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
thats dam good usually quiet cores bring sound lvls down to 96Db

Pipeless416
11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
im also keeping my eye out for something quieter than my HMF. ive got my eyes on the two bro's M7 s/o. i think you should buy that lexx mxe and be the guinea pig. :D

maxfior
11-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
im also keeping my eye out for something quieter than my HMF. ive got my eyes on the two bro's M7 s/o. i think you should buy that lexx mxe and be the guinea pig. :D

LOL! I just may do that. My fear is this:

I buy the HMF. (So many of you guys are happy with the price and performance) But, even with the quiet tip, it still might be a little loud for the riding I do in my back yard, woods, etc. I just don't want to put down a lot of cash and then say, uh oh... this is still a little loud for my tastes.
---
Now, I know that everyone is different, the places they ride, styles, etc. But I just don't want to have a super loud quad so that people get pissed, the ranger kick me out of the forest and my neighbors hate me. I want to have a decent sounding and performing quad with out big boom noise. I think that if I did lots of MX I would have a totally different take on Db's and pipes. When I raced back in the 90's with my CR125 and 250 I didn't care about noise, I packed my silencer and made sure everything was good to go.
---
So... Maybe the Lexx MXe might be worth trying, 93 db is better the 98-102, although mid 80's of stock is great, just corked up! My friend told me that he kept his stock pipe and just re-jetted and ran a better filter. Maybe that would be a better place to start. Oh well... Thanks again for the comments guys, keep them coming... As I am sure that there are others out there that are concerned with noise and being able to continue to ride with out making others angry!

Max

250exkid
11-07-2007, 09:40 AM
well for you riding then that will be perfect then 93DBs will sounds like a nice grumbly stock pipe almost but a little louder but still perfectly legal... plus you getting performance gains witch will be better then stock so id go with that.

250exkid
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
thats a good idea

maxfior
11-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by 250exkid
thats a good idea

I agree too, I might have to give it a try. Do you guys think a re-jet will be needed, or just try it out and see if it sux or not before going with a jet change... because I'd like to get more air into my current air box, maybe with that lid that has the pre-filter. I also wonder if a better header would be good to, that's what I liked about the full systems, you got everything you needed. From what I hear, the stock head pipe on the 400EX is pretty choked up, am I right with that? Thanks!

Max

cbr929rr
11-07-2007, 02:51 PM
If you leave your airbox lid on I don't think you will have to re-jet, depends on temp and elevation, but you could probably run stock jets even in fall at sea level elevation.

maxfior
11-07-2007, 03:54 PM
That is sort of good to hear, but I'm sure I'll re-jet one of these days. I hear running the open airbox with pre-filter wakes the engine up pretty good.

Max

Hondamaster5505
11-07-2007, 05:50 PM
i Just went down to the store, and decided to buy dirtwheels. Theres actually an ad for it in here from rocky mountain! Heres what they say:

$199.99
Increased power with low sound output
Tunable exhaust tips
US Forestry service approved
average increase of 3hp
increased torque and acceleration
average weight savings of 3.3lbs
high-quality construction

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY (thats pretty good)

Designed for track/sport

Rocky Mountain ATV
1-800-966-1858
www.rockymountainatv.com

Call to order product:
1-800-336-5437