PDA

View Full Version : 525 temp light not turning off@ all

ryant
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi guys my temp light doesn't turn off @ all even if the engine is cool as soon as i tunr ignition key to on light is on ,fan turns on and off fine which means that the temp on the engine is good ,what are your opinions on this what could be the problem ..thanks..

BLAZER83
06-30-2008, 03:55 PM
I have the same problem. Have you changed your thermostat? Had mine changed and bought new fan as well. I checked another site and someone had removed the thermostat all together. Picture is attached. Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

LT250_JOE
06-30-2008, 06:40 PM
My light only came on once, but my cooling fan runs constantly. The fan comes on about 2 minutes after I start the engine and seems to run from then on. I do 99% trail riding and I'd like to find a cure!!

somewon
07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
mine actually turns on with my key now. My fix is to put black electrical tape over the light.

I have a big bore kit and haven't changed anything with the cooling system.

So far so good.

ojcool
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by somewon
mine actually turns on with my key now. My fix is to put black electrical tape over the light.

I have a big bore kit and haven't changed anything with the cooling system.

So far so good. How do you like the 540? Which kit did you use? Did you instal yourself? It comes with a Jug right? So does it come machined and ready to go? How much power did you pick up? I kind of feel like if I'm going to do a big bore I'm going to go with the stroker for a 570. 30cc's just does not seem like it's going to make that much difference.

some_won
07-02-2008, 06:49 AM
The 540 is great. I haven't had any problems at all.

Duncan racing actually installed it for me when I had them changing out all the bearings. (everything got a little wet in a pond one day). I really am not sure which kit they used, It's on my reciept, but I have no idea where I put it.

I thought about the 570, but I didn't know if it was really worth all the money for 30 cc over the big bore.

One thing I noticed is that it is actually harder for me to launch for a drag race in the sand. I start in second gear and can't keep the front end anywhere near the ground. I guess it's time for a larger front sprocket.